• 15(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
(2016-02-13, 16:26)eondesigns1138 Wrote: Helo

Thanks, got the one from the github - can navigate again.

Shame I prefer the centre menu layout with the time bar at the top, why the decision to move away from that?. Will there be an option again to have either 3 menus or 5 as before?

Its still a lovely clean skin, just didn't really think the changes were necessary - IMHO :-)
Sorry, the 3 item centered menu won't be coming back. I wanted to unify the home layout options, and that menu didn't make the cut.
(2016-02-13, 18:53)braz Wrote:

Shame I prefer the centre menu layout with the time bar at the top, why the decision to move away from that?. Will there be an option again to have either 3 menus or 5 as before?

Its still a lovely clean skin, just didn't really think the changes were necessary - IMHO :-)
Sorry, the 3 item centered menu won't be coming back. I wanted to unify the home layout options, and that menu didn't make the cut.

Yeah, I miss it also. Confused
Wink 
Hello braz, first of all i would like to thank you for all your work : like more and more people, i'm using your skin on a daily basis for several weeks / months now, and it's so pleasant ! Very beautiful, and works like a charm... I definitely adopted it !

I'm very happy to see you're still improving it over time, and your last major overhaul is (almost) fantastic to me ! Nod

I really enjoyed several of your mods, like the new font, the new icons, the new "thumbnails" view (which is perfect for music videos), all the small layout improvements (inconspicuous but appreciable) here and there...

However, like other users in the previous posts, there are few choices that surprised me.

1. The "four items" main menu, left-aligned and mixed with the temp/date/time widget. For some reasons (that I exposed on the screenshots below), I would have choosen a 5-items centered wrapped list.

I'm not sure (and perhaps i'm wrong), but i think i'm not the only one to prefer the "old" version, with 5 items on the main menu bar and the temp/date/time widget at the top of the screen in a dedicated thin bar.

Do you think it would be possible to make an option for this in the configuration tab of your skin ?

Regardless of your decision, thanks again for sharing your work with us : probably one of the best skin out there for Jarvis !! Smile
Oh, another thing : I also especially miss the user ratings for the standard list view (see the picture below).

Do you think this is something you could think about ? Blush

ps: please don't judge my ratings for the album titles on the screenshot ! Big Grin
Another Idea / Request i would like to share with you (sorry for "flooding" your topic Big Grin, but as i'm using your skin almost everyday, there are a lot of ideas that are running through my mind lol) :

I personnally don't activate the option "always show the widgets on screen" ('cause I have some nice greyscale backgrounds for each menu section (music, movies, music videos, tv shows...) that i want to see when I navigate Smile ), however i especially like the "autoscroll" feature (like to see my movies, music videos, ... scrolling whith their associated fanart in the background) when pressing "up" on the main menu to display the widgets.

Do you thing it would be possible to dissociate the two options of "always show widgets" and "autoscroll" and make them two independent switches ?

PS: won't be a big deal if you do not plan to change anything about this, as i have figured out how to modify the xml files by myself to make it work... the same goes for my previous requests : i already investigated, and made my own "mod" of your skin to adapt it to my tastes... But i must admit that it would be really really cool if all this could become "standard" features of your (already very great) skin ! Smile

Thanks again for your time !
(2016-02-14, 22:03)Sn00p Wrote: Hello braz, first of all i would like to thank you for all your work : like more and more people, i'm using your skin on a daily basis for several weeks / months now, and it's so pleansant ! Very beautiful, and works like a charm... I definitely adopted it !

I'm very happy to see you're still improving it over time, and your last major overhaul is (almost) fantastic to me ! Nod

I really enjoyed several of your mods, like the new font, the new icons, the new "thumbnails" view (which is perfect for music videos), all the small layout improvements (inconspicuous but appreciable) here and there...

However, like other users in the previous posts, there are few choices that surprised me.

1. The "four items" main menu, left-aligned and mixed with the temp/date/time widget. For some reasons (that I exposed on the screenshots below), I would have choosen a 5-items centered wrapped list.

I'm not sure (and perhaps i'm wrong), but i think i'm not the only one to prefer the "old" version, with 5 items on the main menu bar and the temp/date/time widget at the top of the screen in a dedicated thin bar.

Do you think it would be possible to make an option for this in the configuration tab of your skin ?

Regardless of your decision, thanks again for sharing your work with us : probably one of the best skin out there for Jarvis !! Smile
Thanks for pointing out the differences with screenshots, I'll take another look and see if there's a good way to do it.

(2016-02-14, 22:54)Sn00p Wrote: Oh, another thing : I also especially miss the user ratings for the standard list view (see the picture below).

ps: please don't judge my ratings for the album titles on the screenshot ! Big Grin
I completely rewrote the list view, reducing it from over 2,500 lines down to 400. I'm now using a single list for all content, so it's not as easy to add things back. I'll take a look and see if there's a way to do it though.

Your mention of user ratings got me thinking, I never added them back to Mimic. Just pushed an update for the song info dialog that adds the user rating button. Video user ratings will come next...
(2016-02-14, 23:14)Sn00p Wrote: I personnally don't activate the option "always show the widgets on screen" ('cause I have some nice greyscale backgrounds for each menu section (music, movies, music videos, tv shows...) that i want to see when I navigate Smile ), however i especially like the "autoscroll" feature (like to see my movies, music videos, ... scrolling whith their associated fanart in the background) when pressing "up" on the main menu to display the widgets.

Do you thing it would be possible to dissociate the two options of "always show widgets" and "autoscroll" and make them two independent switches ?
In my opinion widgets should only autoscroll when they don't have the focus. So when a user pushes up and focuses the widget list, it shouldn't scroll. That's why I have the option only available when widgets are shown all the time. Hope that makes sense.
(2016-02-14, 23:39)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 22:03)Sn00p Wrote: Hello braz, first of all i would like to thank you for all your work : like more and more people, i'm using your skin on a daily basis for several weeks / months now, and it's so pleansant ! Very beautiful, and works like a charm... I definitely adopted it !

Thanks for pointing out the differences with screenshots, I'll take another look and see if there's a good way to do it.

(2016-02-14, 22:54)Sn00p Wrote: Oh, another thing : I also especially miss the user ratings for the standard list view (see the picture below).

I completely rewrote the list view, reducing it from over 2,500 lines down to 400. I'm now using a single list for all content, so it's not as easy to add things back. I'll take a look and see if there's a way to do it though.

Your mention of user ratings got me thinking, I never added them back to Mimic. Just pushed an update for the song info dialog that adds the user rating button. Video user ratings will come next...

Wow, you're blazing fast to answer ! Big Grin Thanks for considering my suggestions !!

(2016-02-14, 23:45)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 23:14)Sn00p Wrote: I personnally don't activate the option "always show the widgets on screen" ('cause I have some nice greyscale backgrounds for each menu section (music, movies, music videos, tv shows...) that i want to see when I navigate Smile ), however i especially like the "autoscroll" feature (like to see my movies, music videos, ... scrolling whith their associated fanart in the background) when pressing "up" on the main menu to display the widgets.

In my opinion widgets should only autoscroll when they don't have the focus. So when a user pushes up and focuses the widget list, it shouldn't scroll. That's why I have the option only available when widgets are shown all the time. Hope that makes sense.
I fully understand (and respect) the logic behind your choice and yes, that totally makes sense... I have to admit that the behaviour I chose to setup (activating the autoscroll while having the focus on the widgets) is a bit specific to my own needs / tastes... Not that important, i will continue to edit the files myself to make this possible !

Thanks again for your quick answer !
For those that wanted a weather notification on the home screen (and not in the main menu), I just pushed an update to github with a new skin setting that does just that.

Hi Braz,

Thanks again for your amazing work! I really like the update and (most of Tongue ) the changes. Of course you can't keep everyone happy, but overall I think it made things better. Runs a lot faster as well!

I started using the background slideshow feature using a pack of Chromecast backgrounds that I found, but I think the slideshow is a little too fast. I've been messing about in the source to find where to change it but I can't find it. Can you give me a hint where to look?

Thanks!

- Martijn

Edit: Nevermind! I found it, for those wondering, it's in mimic/1080i/defaults.xml, timeperimage tag.
Thanks MartijnGP, glad to hear it's running well for you. I haven't noticed performance improvements here, but I did remove quite a number of text fade animations that weren't necessary.
(2016-02-13, 18:53)braz Wrote:

I miss the 3 item layout very much. For languages where the menu items are long words, more than 3 items ruins the aesthetic. Menu items end up with insufficient padding or even cropped. Please reconsider adding three items back.
(2016-02-14, 22:03)Sn00p Wrote: Hello braz, first of all i would like to thank you for all your work : like more and more people, i'm using your skin on a daily basis for several weeks / months now, and it's so pleasant ! Very beautiful, and works like a charm... I definitely adopted it !

I agree with this. The old layout was the most polished and elegant of all skins. Please include it as an option.
(2016-02-12, 06:35)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 16:47)vdb86 Wrote: Hi Braz, just tested it and haven't found any issues.
I've got a question though.
I've set up two profiles, Master and Kids.
Master profile has a password while Kids profile doesn't.
If my kids press on the power button in Profile selection window they can see these options:
Exit, Settings, Reload skin.

Settings item can be accessed without any password even though a password has been set for accessing settings.
I've tried turning Kiosk mode on both profiles, but that doesn't work either.
Could you make pressing the power button just exit Kodi? (I did it myself already, but that change will be lost with the next update)
Also could you add an option to remove last login information?
While in the profile selection window, pressing C (accessing the context menu) will open a window with an option Edit profile, any way to disable this too?
I'm not sure what the best solution for locking down profiles is. If I remove settings item from the power menu when kiosk is enabled, I'm going to get a lot of complaints from users that get locked out of their system after enabling kiosk mode. Would the PinSentry addon work for you?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228451

(2016-02-10, 13:08)kylepsp Wrote: Hey Braz, loving this skin.

I've got one minor but quite annoying problem though. My widgets take like 5 seconds to load, every time. My tv widget is in progress shows and there's only 3 shows in it so unsure why it takes so long. And if say I scroll to tv shows, it loads, I scroll somewhere else and then back to tv shows, it then loads again from scratch.

Anyway you or I can speed this up?
Not sure if there's anything I can do. Are your widgets pulling content from your library or an online source (video addon)? I don't have any delays for the standard widgets with library content. I have noticed a couple-second delay when setting a SimpleFavourites path as a widget though.

Pulling from my library, its the in progress widget, with confluence it's instant but mimic can take like 20 seconds. Thanks!
___
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3