• 15(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
ECEC Wrote:Sorry for the double post. How are y'all quickly getting to a game you want to launch? I realize this isn't a plugin question, but is there a way to jump to a particular letter or something? Getting to the M's is a pain.

Shift + M on the keyboard (jumps you to the letter. Substitute M for any other letters)

On a remote the number keys will also jump to letters. I have a logitech harmony and it has the letters listed on the buttons. For example the 2 button has a, b, c. I press it 3 times to get to the c's.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Shift + M on the keyboard (jumps you to the letter. Substitute M for any other letters)

On a remote the number keys will also jump to letters. I have a logitech harmony and it has the letters listed on the buttons. For example the 2 button has a, b, c. I press it 3 times to get to the c's.

Sweet. I have a remote like a Harmony (activity based universal), but it's setup via EventGhost. Any clue what I would need to do to get that working in EG?
ECEC Wrote:Any clue what I would need to do to get that working in EG?

Sorry, can't help you there, I don't use event ghost. I've got a MCE receiver and I use the logitech to send the MCE button presses. With an MCE remote I din't have to use event ghost because it works out of the box.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
That's what i do with my harmony also. just set it up in Logitechs software for mce remote. then tag that device as XBMC

john
scalpel Wrote:Error
Please, could you give me more information about your system? Ubuntu and XBMC version? Seems to be a formating problem but normally the line return a constant strings.
Code:
progress_display = __language__( 30061 ) % (self.settings[ "datas_scraper" ])
The problem is that I do not have this error on my side. Could you try to replace this line by
Code:
progress_display = __language__( 30061 ) % (self.settings[ "datas_scraper" ].encode('utf-8','ignore'))
and tell me if it solve your problem? Thank you.
ECEC Wrote:Sweet. I have a remote like a Harmony (activity based universal), but it's setup via EventGhost. Any clue what I would need to do to get that working in EG?

Yes, use the XBMC plugin and specify the JumpSMS actions
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Angelscry Wrote:Those errors have been fixed by the version 0.7.3. It have tested your launchers.xml file and all was working. Confirm that it is ok for you.

I wiped all of my data, deleted AV first and then did a completely fresh install and I am getting the exact same launchers.xml output. Maybe you forgot to upload the updated scraper code?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Angelscry. still error. My system is ubuntu 10.04 + xbmc dharma rc2.

Quote:18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483051008 NOTICE: /home/htpc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher
18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483202560 NOTICE: -1
18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483124736 NOTICE: Launcher: found 1 launchers
18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483292672 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.TypeError
18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483292672 ERROR: Error Contents: not all arguments converted during string formatting
18:07:51 T:2863655792 M:1483034624 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/addon.py", line 20, in ?
plugin.Main()
File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 166, in __init__
self._import_roms(launcher)
File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py", line 816, in _import_roms
progress_display = __language__( 30061 ) % (self.settings[ "datas_scraper" ].encode('utf-8','ignore'))
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
18:07:55 T:3079042944 M:1484800000 ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context

Regards
420p Wrote:^ that didn't work rausch, i had to manually add file >"mario kart.n64" and then scrape it all myself... althoguth theres still an errror

i click the game, it minimizes XBMC but then loads up Project 64 and says "ERROR cannot load game" do i need to put any launch options?

You getting that error in Project 64 is because Project 64 version 1.6 doesn't support file paths with quotes. This is a problem with the emulator itself, and doesn't have anything to do with the Advanced Launcher. If you want to use Project 64 you'll have to get your hands on 1.7, which is still in closed beta. However the are ways to get your hands on it, but I'm thinking you should figure out that on you own. Wink
rausch101 Wrote:Yes, use the XBMC plugin and specify the JumpSMS actions

Ah, that's what those are for. Excellent. Smile As an aside, once I had my gamepad configured in Windows I was surprised that XBMC just picked it up as another input device. The analog sticks work very, very well for scrolling through stuff.

I just got the SNES stuff configured after a bit of finagling with zsnes and what-not. Super. F***ing. Cool. Very nicely done, Angelscry. Gonna get some NES and N64 games setup next. Can't wait for the automated scraping! Big Grin

Is there a handy list of recommended emulators? I haven't messed with this stuff since I've never been able to have a decent front-end.
ECEC Wrote:Is there a handy list of recommended emulators? I haven't messed with this stuff since I've never been able to have a decent front-end.

I think this is old, but what IS useful is the following:

digitalhigh Wrote:The only N64 emu that I found works with Launcher's command line is Project64, ver 1.7.0.49. Something about the way it handles the quotation marks around the rom name.

It would be nice if someone compiled a nice recent list of the current best emulators, though.
And it looks like they're asking for $20 donations to access the 1.7 version. Hmm.
ECEC Wrote:And it looks like they're asking for $20 donations to access the 1.7 version. Hmm.

google is your friend

Also, it's possible that Angelscry, from his bug fixing and code clean-up, fixed the bug with previous PJ64 versions.
jpreville Wrote:I tried scraping again my 8000+ mame roms.. has mame support been added yet? just anxious Smile
Next version will contain a functionality that will automatically convert MAME roms filename into MAME roms titlename and then other informations will be automatically get using the scrapers. Actually it work work under Linux but I will need some feedbacks from windows users.
ECEC Wrote:Sorry for the double post. How are y'all quickly getting to a game you want to launch? I realize this isn't a plugin question, but is there a way to jump to a particular letter or something? Getting to the M's is a pain.
You can also use the search option. Wink
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24