• 150(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2018-03-24, 19:54)bigjpayne90 Wrote: I gave up and used this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327562 beta skill.

I'm pretty happy with it so far but kinda bummed I couldn't do it myself...
 Thanks for pointing that out. Can't believe how easy it was to implement that one even across multiple kodi instances. I love that I don't have to say "ask kodi to play movie name" and can just say "alexa play movie name". Only thing so far that doesn't work properly is that saying "stop" pauses the video instead of stopping it.
Looks like there might be a version conflict issue or something for those of you who are having issues with Zappa. I'll look into it. In the meantime, try Heroku and see if that works.
Thanks m0ngr31. I look forward to hearing an update from you soon on how to resolve the issue.

Also, i was trying to Heroku a try but seems like Kaffeine is giving an error when i try to ask it to "give a shot to my app". it simply says "something went wrong". so i cannot use Heroku either unless there is a way to keep it awake and kaffeine issue is resolved.
Did you try it without Kaffiene? Just curious to see if it worked.
When I was trying to configure this skill last week, I was able to switch to the old skills kit development console. I no longer see that option and I have no idea how to use the new interface. All instructions/tutorials online show the older interface. Any idea how I can access the old interface?
(2018-03-13, 01:13)QueenBuzzo Wrote: Edit: I've found the solution. I needed to opt-out of the new skill builder and have now the old interface and was able to set everything up.

I am running in to the same issues and not seeing a way to opt out of the new beta interface.   Could someone help me out?
(2018-03-30, 03:11)miststlkr Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 01:13)QueenBuzzo Wrote: Edit: I've found the solution. I needed to opt-out of the new skill builder and have now the old interface and was able to set everything up.
 I am running in to the same issues and not seeing a way to opt out of the new beta interface.   Could someone help me out? 
I have a feeling this is no longer possible. Dammit all to hell.
I'm getting that impression as well.   I tried looking it up and everyone says "it's on the bottom of the dashboard" but either I'm blind or I'm looking in the wrong place... or it's gone.  I'm so close, it would be great to figure out the last couple of steps.
It's okay to stick with the new interface. Sometime in the next few days (once I get some new documentation written up), there will be a whole new system in place. It will simplify the procedure by quite a bit.
In that case I'll await your update.  Thanks!
Okay, here's the update. Tried to make it a bit easier to get going and support the new changes Amazon has made to the skill editor tool.

Updated docs are here -> https://lexigr.am/
That is really cool.   I am running into a problem because it is trying to use port 9090 and kodi (still on v16) is already using that port.  I tried changing the lexigram port in lwa.js to port 9091 but got an unhandled exception when I ran it again after that
Quote:miststlkr@htpc:~$ lexigram login
? Please create a new profile or overwrite the existing profile.
 [miststlkr]               ** NULL **
-------------------- Initialize CLI --------------------
? There is no AWS credential setup yet, do you want to continue the initialization? (Default: False) Yes
Warning: Profile: "miststlkr" will not be able to deploy lambda functions since no AWS credentials are set up.

Switch to 'Login with Amazon' page...
  â  Listening on http://localhost:9091(node:31010) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Exited with code 3
    at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/opn/index.js:83:13)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:272:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:180:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (domain.js:421:20)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:936:16)
    at Socket.stream.socket.on (internal/child_process.js:353:11)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:180:13)
    at Socket.emit (domain.js:421:20)
    at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:541:12)
(node:31010) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:31010) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
  â  Listening on http://localhost:9091

UPDATE:   killed Kodi, changed back to 9090 and tried again with the same result
Try doing an `npm uninstall -g lexigram-cli` and then reinstall it to see if that works.
I suspect that I am missing something with the login part. The credentials are not being detected and it never asks for them

Quote:miststlkr@htpc:~$ npm uninstall -g lexigram-cli
removed 323 packages in 8.816s

miststlkr@htpc:~$ npm install -g lexigram-cli
/home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/bin/lexigram -> /home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/dist/index.js

> [email protected] install /home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/dtrace-provider
> node-gyp rebuild || node suppress-error.js

make: Entering directory `/home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/dtrace-provider/build'
  TOUCH Release/obj.target/DTraceProviderStub.stamp
make: Leaving directory `/home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/dtrace-provider/build'

> [email protected] postinstall /home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/spawn-sync
> node postinstall

> [email protected] postinstall /home/miststlkr/.nvm/versions/node/v9.10.1/lib/node_modules/lexigram-cli/node_modules/caporal
> (test -f ./node_modules/husky/bin/install.js && node ./node_modules/husky/bin/install.js) || exit 0

+ [email protected]
added 323 packages in 21.077s

miststlkr@htpc:~$ lexigram login
? Please create a new profile or overwrite the existing profile.
 Create new profile
? Please type in your new profile name:
 miststlkr
-------------------- Initialize CLI --------------------
? There is no AWS credential setup yet, do you want to continue the initialization? (Default: False) Yes
Warning: Profile: "miststlkr" will not be able to deploy lambda functions since no AWS credentials are set up.

[Warn]: 9090 port on localhost has been occupied.
Please either abort any processes running on port 9090 for init cli
or use `ask init --no-browser` as an alternative approach.
miststlkr@htpc:~$
Try `rm -rf ~/.ask` and just use the default profile.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15