• 159(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2020-01-04, 16:21)hewwra Wrote: Found some more bugs I think.

MediaElch will not scrape the imdb ratings for these shows even though it scrapes the imdb id:

Game of Thrones
The Big Bang Theory
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead

Wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. Works fine both for the TV show itself and the episodes as well. Both with "IMDB" set in the TV scraper settings for ratings as well as "TheTVDb". :/

Did it just not work for the show itself or for episodes as well? Did you try to restart MediaElch? Smile
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2020-01-04, 16:39)bugwelle Wrote:

MediaElch will not scrape the imdb ratings for these shows even though it scrapes the imdb id:

Game of Thrones
The Big Bang Theory
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead

Wasn't able to reproduce this behavior. Works fine both for the TV show itself and the episodes as well. Both with "IMDB" set in the TV scraper settings for ratings as well as "TheTVDb". :/

Did it just not work for the show itself or for episodes as well? Did you try to restart MediaElch? Smile 
Its on both of the tvshow and episode level.
I deleted all the nfo's for game of thrones & restarted MediaElch but it still refuses to scrape the imdb ratings.
I even deleted the cache in AppData\Local but it still wont work.
In the tvshow.nfo it doesn't even say tvdb´instead it says: rating name="default"
(2020-01-04, 17:21)hewwra Wrote: In the tvshow.nfo it doesn't even say tvdb´instead it says: rating name="default"

That's expected at the moment. Smile

Ok, may I ask what system you're using? The developer information in MediaElch's "About" dialog would be helpful. Smile
(2020-01-04, 17:35)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 17:21)hewwra Wrote: In the tvshow.nfo it doesn't even say tvdb´instead it says: rating name="default"

That's expected at the moment. Smile

Ok, may I ask what system you're using? The developer information in MediaElch's "About" dialog would be helpful. Smile  
Why is that expected? in my other shows it says:
xml:
<rating default="true" max="10" name="imdb">

MediaElch 2.6.3-dev - Ferenginar

Compiled with Qt version 5.12.3 (64 Release, GCC 5.5.0)
Using Qt version 5.12.3
System: Windows 10 (10.0) (x86_64-little_endian-llp64)

Application dir: C:/Program Files/MediaElch_win_2.6.3-dev_2020-01-03_18-00_git-master-f7e762f/MediaElch
Settings file: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kvibes\MediaElch
Data dir: C:/Users/Privat/AppData/Local/kvibes/MediaElch
MediaInfo Version: MediaInfoLib - v19.04
(2020-01-04, 17:44)hewwra Wrote: Why is that expected? in my other shows it says:
Because I haven't implemented that, yet. :-)
MediaElch officially only supports one rating at the moment. And "default" is the one that is written to NFO files, regardless where that information came from.
That will change in the future, though.

(2020-01-04, 17:44)hewwra Wrote: MediaElch 2.6.3-dev - Ferenginar

Compiled with Qt version 5.12.3 (64 Release, GCC 5.5.0)
Using Qt version 5.12.3
System: Windows 10 (10.0) (x86_64-little_endian-llp64)

Application dir: C:/Program Files/MediaElch_win_2.6.3-dev_2020-01-03_18-00_git-master-f7e762f/MediaElch
Settings file: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kvibes\MediaElch
Data dir: C:/Users/Privat/AppData/Local/kvibes/MediaElch
MediaInfo Version: MediaInfoLib - v19.04

Thanks. I'll have access to a Windows machine when I'm back home (next week). I'll try to reproduce your issue then. Even though I think that there shouldn't be a difference between Windows and macOS, there may be one. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my MacBook... :/
@hewwra I've just pushed a change that might not fix your issue but will fix the "name='default'" one. From now on "tvdb" is written to NFO files if the rating comes from TheTvDb.
See https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/857

Regards,
Andre
(2020-01-04, 20:51)bugwelle Wrote: @hewwra I've just pushed a change that might not fix your issue but will fix the "name='default'" one. From now on "tvdb" is written to NFO files if the rating comes from TheTvDb.
See https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/857

Regards,
Andre

I can confirm that the name is now set to tvdb instead of default.
If I download images of actors and delete several actors without a picture in the middle of the list, the names of the other people will no longer match the pictures.
I am doing something wrong?
(2020-01-05, 09:48)Pet09 Wrote: If I download images of actors and delete several actors without a picture in the middle of the list, the names of the other people will no longer match the pictures.

I can confirm this issue is with MediaElch. I've opened an issue for this: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/859
(2020-01-05, 09:48)Pet09 Wrote: If I download images of actors and delete several actors without a picture in the middle of the list, the names of the other people will no longer match the pictures.

The next nightly will fix your issue. Again, thank you for reporting this issue.
just starting out with MediaElch, seems great! is there a way to only scrape missing data/artwork? at the moment whenever I hit scrape, it seems to do everything. I know I can enable/disable various things in the scraper, but if I just want to scrape missing data then that requires that I already know what is missing, I can't find an option to only scrape missing data?
(2020-01-04, 16:39)bugwelle Wrote:

Game of Thrones
The Big Bang Theory
The Simpsons
The Walking Dead

Having the same issue, The TV scraper settings are set to grab the rating from IMDB but it still uses TVDB, checked the NFO and its using the rating from TVDB. Rather oddly it seems to be getting the correct rating but the incorrect vote numbers.
(2020-01-04, 20:21)bugwelle Wrote: Thanks. I'll have access to a Windows machine when I'm back home (next week). I'll try to reproduce your issue then. Even though I think that there shouldn't be a difference between Windows and macOS, there may be one. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my MacBook... :/ 

Have you had any time to look into this yet?
(2020-01-06, 14:37)spong_miester Wrote: Having the same issue, The TV scraper settings are set to grab the rating from IMDB but it still uses TVDB, checked the NFO and its using the rating from TVDB. Rather oddly it seems to be getting the correct rating but the incorrect vote numbers.

Oh, today I was able to reproduce this issue. And it's a stupid one. MediaElch sets the timeout for any network request to 3 seconds and then aborts the request.
That means when data from TheTvDb is successfully loaded but the request to IMDb is aborted, the rating from TheTvDb is shown. And it probably only happens on certain pages (i.e. shows) because the page is either larger (which actually shouldn't matter; it's just a few KB; no images) or has higher latency (maybe takes longer to be generated on IMDb's server). Or maybe my internet connection is slower today than on other days. Either way, MediaElch behaves poorly. No error message is shown to the user *at all*. It is logged but then again: Who reads the log? I myself often don't and I'm the current maintainer...

As a "workaround" I'll set the timeout to 6 seconds. That way IMDb data should be loaded. That's not a real solution but correct error handling will take me a while.

hewwra Wrote: Have you had any time to look into this yet?
I'm looking into it right now. I haven't used my Windows VM in while. Updates take longer than expected...
@spong_miester The next version will have some basic network error reporting:

GitHub PR: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/870

@hewwra Your issue (that was confirmed by @spong_miester) will be fixed by the PR one as well. A new nightly will be available 30min after the Pull request is merged (see URL above).
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9