• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Teleboy Live-TV Addon
I have been trying this Add-on a few times and sadly it does not work at my place.
It has probably something to do with the internet connection.

I live in Bali and use Smart DNS from UnoTelly.
When I test speeds to servers in Switzerland I get speed between 10-23 mbps.
So it should be enough for Teleboy.
But always when I am starting a stream it constantly buffers and makes it unusable.
Strange is that LiveTV with Zattoo works quite well and also when I download something from the DVR of unoTelly I get very high speed.

I do not know if I can change something but I just though I might mention it.

Ps: I am using a NUC as my HTPC running Openelec
A new test version is available. Just in time for Xmas holiday we can start enjoy our recordings :-)

Changelog:
+ Refresh context menu
+ Recordings
* Fixed calculation for time left

To simplify testing I have created a separate package with a different name (TeleboyNG).
This way you can keep using the original version from skandi in parallel with mine, in case I break something.

The addon zip file can be found here: plugin.video.teleboyNG-0.1.0.zip
Download it on your Kodi machine and install it from the System/Settings/Add-ons menu.

This package has some new dependencies which should be resolved automatically (I hope).

Important:
Before installing this addon make sure you already have the mindmade XBMC Addons repository installed or at least, the script.module.mindmadetools addon. If you have already installed the original version from skandi you should be good.

Since this is a new package, you will need to enter username and password from its settings window before you can use it.
Also your Kodi Favourites pointing to the old plugin will need to be redefined (or you can manually edit favourites.xml)

Have fun!
Thanks, Alliante, testing the new version! I do have a question.. do you know how much work it would be to have some kind of program guide? I have about 10 channels or so that I watch from time to time and a program guide would be quite helpful. I don't know how easy or hard it would be though.
Is it possible to increase the cache? I get buffering from time to time in combination with complete stop of the stream.
[Program guide]
Probably possible but not straightforward. I guess it would require changing the plugin into a "Live TV" one and find a way to parse the EPG into XMLTV.

Currently the plugin is simply building a list of "video available for playing now", almost like:
- put a bunch of mp4 into a folder
- list the folder content in Kodi
- select and play one of them

The only difference being that the list of videos is not static and stored locally but it's built dynamically.
The plugin basically perform all steps required to retrieve the stream urls and build an "actual list of video available for playing now".

Within this approach there is no concept of date/time/program schedule/before/after/now.
That's more or less what you can do with a "video plugin": a list organized in folder and sub folder.

Probably a viable solution might be taking an existing EPG plugin which is already good in listing all interesting Swiss channels and change it so that it could provide a "Play with Teleboy" option on top of its existing features.

If you know of a nice and working Kodi add-on for the Swiss channels, let me know and I might try to have a look and see how easy/hard it would be to extend it with a "Play with Teleboy" option.
[Video cache]
this is a generic Kodi configuration parameter you can change in advancedsettings.xml

advancedsettings.xml
Caches explained
HOW-TO:Modify the video cache

PS. I doubt that increasing the video cache could solve your problem, unless you only get few short random video interruption

If your available bandwidth (maybe the VPN) is "just enough", then using a lower bit rate version of the stream is the only solution.
In fact Teleboy does provide different bit-rate versions of the stream. And all these are passed to the Kodi player.
But I have no idea how it decides which one to pick up and start playing.
(2015-12-19, 13:38)Aliante Wrote: [Video cache]
this is a generic Kodi configuration parameter you can change in advancedsettings.xml

advancedsettings.xml
Caches explained
HOW-TO:Modify the video cache

PS. I doubt that increasing the video cache could solve your problem, unless you only get few short random video interruption

If your available bandwidth (maybe the VPN) is "just enough", then using a lower bit rate version of the stream is the only solution.
In fact Teleboy does provide different bit-rate versions of the stream. And all these are passed to the Kodi player.
But I have no idea how it decides which one to pick up and start playing.

I've already tried the advanced settings approach. Makes no difference.

Yes, i'm using UnoTelly as DNS service, but have enough bandwidth (75 Mbit/s downstream), so that shouldn't be the problem here. Also i've no issues with Teleboy's iOS app, tvOS app or the webbrowser. The buffering and termination of the active video stream only happens in Kodi.

Can someone confirm the buffering or am i the only one?

Also, has somebody tried to setup Teleboy with PseudoTV Live?
(2015-12-19, 14:15)bigbadrabbit Wrote: I've already tried the advanced settings approach. Makes no difference.

Yes, i'm using UnoTelly as DNS service, but have enough bandwidth (75 Mbit/s downstream), so that shouldn't be the problem here. Also i've no issues with Teleboy's iOS app, tvOS app or the webbrowser. The buffering and termination of the active video stream only happens in Kodi.

It could be that apps and web browser are "smart enough" to automatically select a lower bit-rate streams, while Kodi does not do this.

As a last resort you can change the max bandwidth in Kodi settings:
- go to Settings / System
- make sure your level is either Advanced or Expert
- go to Internet access
- experiment with "bandwidth limitation"
I suggest starting with 1536 kbps and then go up/down depending on your results.

This will force Kodi player to select one of the lower bit-rate streams offered by Teleboy
Of course this is a general setting and therefore it will affect all your plugins.

I have problems only while playing HD TV stream via WLAN and I switch on the microwave, but it does not really surprise me too much...
(2015-12-19, 15:04)Aliante Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 14:15)bigbadrabbit Wrote: I've already tried the advanced settings approach. Makes no difference.

It could be that apps and web browser are "smart enough" to automatically select a lower bit-rate streams, while Kodi does not do this.

As a last resort you can change the max bandwidth in Kodi settings:
- go to Settings / System
- make sure your level is either Advanced or Expert
- go to Internet access
- experiment with "bandwidth limitation"
I suggest starting with 1536 kbps and then go up/down depending on your results.

This will force Kodi player to select one of the lower bit-rate streams offered by Teleboy
Of course this is a general setting and therefore it will affect all your plugins.

I have problems only while playing HD TV stream via WLAN and I switch on the microwave, but it does not really surprise me too much...

I don't think they're playing lower bitrate streams, at least not the AppleTV app - the Teleboy developers stated on twitter that they are using even higher quality streams in the AppleTV app than in their iOS apps or browser, and i never have any buffering with these high bitrate streams through UnoTelly dns.

I'll try your suggestion anyway and will report back.
Thanks to Aliante for the update!
Recordings work great for me on OpeneELEC 6.0

Cheers
(2015-12-06, 15:26)Aliante Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 11:31)Apfelali Wrote: Any Idea how to change the EPGHuh? The channellogos are big enough and don´t need the "extra" name under the channel.When I could delte it I will get more quick information without scrolling.

You need to modify the following line:
Code:
label = channel + ": " + show

into this one:
Code:
label = show

I might try to include a specific setting in my forked version to allow the end user to change this behavior in the future, but for the moment I am focusing on something else.

May I ask you where I can find the line "label"Huh
(2015-12-19, 13:34)Aliante Wrote: [Program guide]
Probably possible but not straightforward. I guess it would require changing the plugin into a "Live TV" one and find a way to parse the EPG into XMLTV.

Currently the plugin is simply building a list of "video available for playing now", almost like:
- put a bunch of mp4 into a folder
- list the folder content in Kodi
- select and play one of them

The only difference being that the list of videos is not static and stored locally but it's built dynamically.
The plugin basically perform all steps required to retrieve the stream urls and build an "actual list of video available for playing now".

Within this approach there is no concept of date/time/program schedule/before/after/now.
That's more or less what you can do with a "video plugin": a list organized in folder and sub folder.

Probably a viable solution might be taking an existing EPG plugin which is already good in listing all interesting Swiss channels and change it so that it could provide a "Play with Teleboy" option on top of its existing features.

If you know of a nice and working Kodi add-on for the Swiss channels, let me know and I might try to have a look and see how easy/hard it would be to extend it with a "Play with Teleboy" option.

@Aliante:
Happy New Year. Very good work !!!
An easy solution with full iptv functionality would be parsing the three http lists (live tv favourites, live tv channels and recordings) into an m3u playlist. Then it would be possible to use the standard iptv simple addon, where it is possible to add the epg functionality via rytecepgdownloader and picons as well.

Could you provide this m3u playlist then I would provide the necessary configuration for epg and picons ;-)

Best regards
Samoth
(2015-12-27, 21:20)Apfelali Wrote: May I ask you where I can find the line "label"Huh

You need to modify the file teleboy.py
(2016-01-01, 15:27)_samoth Wrote: @Aliante:
An easy solution with full iptv functionality would be parsing the three http lists (live tv favourites, live tv channels and recordings) into an m3u playlist. Then it would be possible to use the standard iptv simple addon, where it is possible to add the epg functionality via rytecepgdownloader and picons as well.

Could you provide this m3u playlist then I would provide the necessary configuration for epg and picons ;-)

Best regards
Samoth

I can modify the addon to write some playlists, but such playlists are "temporary" and cannot be imported/used "forever" within iptv simple.
They are valid few hours only. After some time they "expire": the old one are not working anymore and need need to be generated again.

Therefore if I would provide you any playlist, by the time you get and import them in iptv simple they would no longer be working.
(2016-01-05, 01:16)Aliante Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 15:27)_samoth Wrote: @Aliante:

Best regards
Samoth

I can modify the addon to write some playlists, but such playlists are "temporary" and cannot be imported/used "forever" within iptv simple.
They are valid few hours only. After some time they "expire": the old one are not working anymore and need need to be generated again.

Therefore if I would provide you any playlist, by the time you get and import them in iptv simple they would no longer be working.

Yeah i recognized that temporary "link" behavior as well when I looked a little bit through your plugin. But is it not possible to calculate the expire date and to run the the addon cylic eg. all 20 minutes to grep the links and write the links to an m3u list then all functionality of the iptv could be used. You need to add some configurations to the addon like enable cyclic updates yes/no path to m3u file and m3u file name ?
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Teleboy Live-TV Addon5