• 16(current)
Release Mimic 2.x for Isengard
braz,

Any plans to support Roms Collection Browser?
(2015-07-15, 02:05)Edworld Wrote: braz,

Any plans to support Roms Collection Browser?
I've never used RCB, so not likely. Will support RetroPlayer when/if it gets added to core.
(2015-07-14, 23:06)stueeey Wrote: On another note... I've got 2 users setup on one of my machines running mimic, both setup as separate profiles... I've been experimenting with changing the mimic highlight colours (to assist users knowing which profile is logged in)... I've noticed that the colours I set for each user are not being retained, when I log out and back in or quit... they both seem to default back to the default mimic blue colour.

I run another machine on Titan and it seems to retain colour setting per profile user. any chance you could have a look to see if its an Isengard or skin issue?
Just pushed a fix to github. Not sure why I thought I needed it before, but I removed the code to set color defaults on startup if the skin strings were empty. Seems to have resolved the issue on my system, let me know how it goes for you.
(2015-07-15, 02:06)stueeey Wrote: EDIT: also suggest that when a widget is selected (pressing up) it may be nice to keep the selected menu the solid colour instead of diffusing the opacity etc (makes it difficult to see what it is you have selected)
I didn't make the selected menu item stay solid, but I did decrease the fade amount when it loses focus. It now fades to 60% instead of 40%.
I'm pleased you now have a way of assigning your own fallback background image. One thing that might make it considerably noob friendlier would be to have a source option that includes the User Data folder. I know you can navigate your way to it by backing out, but on Android, for example, it's buried so obscurely, it's a nightmare to find. Having your background image in User Data makes sense to me.

Another option might be to import the image into your backgrounds folder. I say this because pointing to a file that's located externally is asking for trouble, especially for the kind of noobs that wouldn't know where to find their User Data folder, let alone know how to use File Manager to move their background to your Backgrounds folder.
It seems to me that if folks can find their userdata folder, they should be able to find the skin folder. I don't think it would be good practice to save things like this in the userdata folder anyway. At least not until skins have their own folder in addon_data in Kodi J*.

I don't think skins can copy files from one location to another, but even if they could users would still have to browse to wherever the file is located. Doesn't sound like this would limit browsing the file system.

Will likely leave as-is unless you can point me to another skin that does it better so I can see how they do it.
(2015-07-15, 06:20)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-14, 23:06)stueeey Wrote: On another note... I've got 2 users setup on one of my machines running mimic, both setup as separate profiles... I've been experimenting with changing the mimic highlight colours (to assist users knowing which profile is logged in)... I've noticed that the colours I set for each user are not being retained, when I log out and back in or quit... they both seem to default back to the default mimic blue colour.

I run another machine on Titan and it seems to retain colour setting per profile user. any chance you could have a look to see if its an Isengard or skin issue?
Just pushed a fix to github. Not sure why I thought I needed it before, but I removed the code to set color defaults on startup if the skin strings were empty. Seems to have resolved the issue on my system, let me know how it goes for you.

Happy to report the fix you pushed has resolved the issue braz, colour selection is retained.

when logging off the login profile selection page defaults to the mimic blue. which I am perfectly happy with as it matches nicely with the kodi logo backsplash. (fairly sure it used to reflect the previously selected profile colour)

thanks for fixing this.
(2015-07-16, 01:09)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-07-15, 06:20)braz Wrote:

Happy to report the fix you pushed has resolved the issue braz, colour selection is retained.

when logging off the login profile selection page defaults to the mimic blue. which I am perfectly happy with as it matches nicely with the kodi logo backsplash. (fairly sure it used to reflect the previously selected profile colour)

thanks for fixing this.
Glad it works! Yeah, I changed the login window to use the default colors. For some reason the selected item wouldn't always use the right colordiffuse, even though the Mimic logo always did. I thought it better to be consistent and just use defaults.
Hey Bryan,

TV Tunes is blaring them songs in my TV shows. I can't seem to disable it and it won't let me uninstall the addon. How do I get it to stop playing the music?

Also, I've been installing your builds form GitHub but the ski still shows as version 2.2. Is that normal?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-07-16, 02:56)patseguin Wrote: Hey Bryan,

TV Tunes is blaring them songs in my TV shows. I can't seem to disable it and it won't let me uninstall the addon. How do I get it to stop playing the music?

Also, I've been installing your builds form GitHub but the ski still shows as version 2.2. Is that normal?
Mimic 2.2.0 is the latest version on github, I will be submitting it to the repo as soon as the latest script.toolbox is accepted.

Just took another look at the TV Tunes wiki regarding the recent changes. I've already updated Mimic, not sure what else I can do. It's not an addon that I've ever used so I have no idea how it works. Best bet is to contact the developer.
Just pushed an update to github that adds a custom color option to the color customizer dialog. Needs some testing, so let me know if you run into any issues. Especially need this tested on new installs. I have a feeling a change I recently made to fix profiles may cause problems on first run.

What is the correct way to install a zip from Github?

To install your skin, I unzipped the Github zip, renamed skin.mimic-master to skin.mimic, zipped it back up, switched to Confluence, then went to System/Addons and installed it from Zip. Is that right?
(2015-07-16, 02:56)patseguin Wrote: Hey Bryan,

Check your other installed skins, one of them probably has it included as a dependency and the only way to disable it is to uninstall that skin
(2015-07-16, 11:02)Fist Wrote: What is the correct way to install a zip from Github?

To install your skin, I unzipped the Github zip, renamed skin.mimic-master to skin.mimic, zipped it back up, switched to Confluence, then went to System/Addons and installed it from Zip. Is that right?

@Fist... I believe the best way is to make sure you install mimic via the repo first, as this guarantees all the dependencies (addons, scripts) that mimic requires are installed correctly. Then I would download the zip, unzip it and simply move the unzipped skin.mimic master folder to the Kodi addons folder. then delete the old skin.mimic folder.

at least that's the way I do it, with no problems.

there shouldn't be any need to switch back to confluence or unzip and re-zip.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 2.x for Isengard3