• 16(current)
v16 Xperience1080 5.x
This freeziing issue makes Xperience1080 totally unusable under Javris... In addition it looks like Piers has already dropped support/developing this skin (Piers - are you there?) :/

Is there any person who is able to take care of this skin?
Sorry, stopped using Xperience1080 altogether!
It starts freezing every 15 - 20 minutes. Especially while opening new shows, settings and movies sections.
I removed Kodi completely, deleted data, reinstalled SPMC and applied the Xperience1080 skin again and returns the freezing issue.

Back to confluence as of now. Any other suggestions?
Piers hasn't been on the forum/github in nearly 3 weeks. Hopefully he's just having a break from Kodi and nothing's happened to him!
I "fix" somehow the freezing problem on my machine,
1 - unistall xperience1080
2 - install xperience1080 from gibhub, master
3 - install some addons for cyanide and happiness , etc
4 - unistall xperience 1080
5 - install xperience1080 from kodi repo
that fix the issue for me Huh

Running Jarvis on libreelec 7.01

PD: sorry my lame english
Ahhhhh!

Gonna have to change skins... The crashing is driving me bonkers... Loading the TV guide....crash, move between home screens... Crash, load a TV show and select a season... Crash

Only other skin I like isn't complete yet... Fuse in the work in progress section looks promising, just needs a PVR section.
I've had to leave this skin. Suffering the same lockups as other users. My neighbours had to do the same due to the lockups
I am pretty sure the freezing issue is related to the AlarmClocks used in the skin.

If anybody wants to test my theory overwrite this file in the skins 1080i directory. If it works this will only help freezing going in and out of the home screen to other sections but not anywhere else. I have not used the skin or spent enough time checking what the AlarmClocks specifically do so some functionality may not work anymore.

Let me know if it works Smile
(2016-07-15, 07:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I am pretty sure the freezing issue is related to the AlarmClocks used in the skin.

If anybody wants to test my theory overwrite this file in the skins 1080i directory. If it works this will only help freezing going in and out of the home screen to other sections but not anywhere else. I have not used the skin or spent enough time checking what the AlarmClocks specifically do so some functionality may not work anymore.

Let me know if it works Smile

That is great! I downloaded the file and replaced it... so far nothing happened. But I wasn't having as many lockups as the rest I think, I am using OSMC in Rpi2. Will wait a couple of days and report back.

I wonder what happened to Piers... I hope this skin does not die, it is by far the best one.

Cheers.
Hi everyone. Skin a bit hit and miss but still by far the best skin available so not moving away from it. Hopefully piers will be back with some info on the issue. In the mean time, I wonder if anyone can help: looking to duplicate the "ongoing tv shows" widget (that is default on the home screen) on to the TV Shows screen instead of the widget options that are currently available. Anyone know how to do this? I've tried setting up a smart playlist but not getting the results I would like, I.e just displaying the next I watched episode from my the library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
On a Android 5 mediaplayer (Mini-ITX) I cannot find the Xperience 1080 skin.
I have tried: 2.Go to Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> (Select current skin) -> Get More... ->Only got 4 or 5 other skins. But not the Xperience 1080 one.

Can I download anywhere else this skin and install it manually?
I haven't seen a freeze since removing the alarmclocks.

It's still early days, but I also haven't noticed anything not working either.
Okay so I've been using the alarma clocks fix all this time and I gotta say skin is working perfectly for me. No more crashes. It's been 2 weeks and i was running into crashes almost every day.

Thank you so muchas mikeSilvo for the great fix!!
Good to hear that you've found a solution for the random crashes. I'm very busy ATM and I don't know what's up with Piers. Nevertheless I'll update my 3rd party repo and provide a version which includes the fix tomorrow and update this thread. I'll also talk to Martjin to push a new version to our official Kodi repo.
Good news to all. The fix is pushed and the official repo is updated in a few minutes.

I've also updated the main post and included the 3rd party repository details to get early access to bugfixes etc.
Nice to know the fix was indeed the AlarmClocks Big Grin

xhaggi, if you're busy and while Piers is away, I would be happy to assist with Xperience1080 if anything is needed Smile

Not trying to step on anyone's shoes but if I can help with anything, please let me know.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 5.x3