• 16(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
If you get no output, we've likely found your problem. You were getting empty responses from the Skill too.

Now.. Why you're getting empty responses, I'm not sure.. Give me a little to get back to a computer and I'll see if I can come up with anything.

But first, do make absolutely sure your credentials match.

edit: Yeah, I had thought it would, but I wanted to verify first: you'll get no response if your credentials don't match.
Apologies, when testing with the curl command I spelt the password incorrectly. I just retested and it is returning a list of movies.....
I have definitely got the password right in the Heroku app....
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
So this new alexa voice activated wont work with my kodi?
I just bought it today thinking it would work, but the voice part vonstantly goes to amazon search engine. Is there an easy way to change this.. I was trying to read all this, but im reading codes and seeing something about i need a server and looks like alot. I just want this Firestick 2 to be able to search in kodi or even mirror what i say when im in the search field in exodus!!
@Romeo5k, firstly.. read this.

Besides that, yes, you'll need an Amazon developer account, this skill, and a place to host the skill.
@rlg6767, well.. I'm running out of ideas. Do you have any symbols in your username or password? Grasping at straws, but maybe..

Otherwise, I'd say wait until @jonjon chimes in, as he's got it set up with a proxy and can maybe help more.
(2016-10-21, 22:58)jingai Wrote: @rlg6767, well.. I'm running out of ideas. Do you have any symbols in your username or password? Grasping at straws, but maybe..

Otherwise, I'd say wait until @jonjon chimes in, as he's got it set up with a proxy and can maybe help more.

Yeah me too!! My username and password are both alphanumeric.....

I really appreciate your input!! Once I have this nailed I will post a guide so that people can securely integrate Alexa with Kodi.... Hopefully!!
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
I first want to say thank you so much to all who have worked to make this happen and written the tutorials, etc. This is really neat to see working.

I'm wondering if this is possible as a future add or something that is easy for me to add myself?

I would love to be able to say:

"Alexa, ask Kodi to tell me how much time is left"

And have Alexa either respond with the minutes/seconds left in the program currently playing (ideally), or at a minimum, a way to have the Kodi HUD show/hide with a command like this so I can see how much time is left in the movie/show playing.

Is this possible to add or easy?

Thanks everyone, again, lots of fun seeing this work.
(2016-10-22, 18:25)BDPNA Wrote: "Alexa, ask Kodi to tell me how much time is left"

I've added this as a suggested feature on github. I want it too, so unless someone gets to it first, I'll add it eventually.
I just ran through the entire tutorial and everything seemed to go fine until I tried to send voice commands.

When I ask it to search for any title in my collections, Alexa comes back with "error parsing results"

Also, the commands do not have any affect on Kodi. For instance, I say: "Alexa, tell Kodi to stop" and Alexa will reply "Playback stopped" but the movie keeps playing.

I have the webserver turned on and allowing control from other devices. Not sure what could be the problem. My one guess is that I am using the Emby plugin to display my media within Kodi. But that would only explaing why I cannot voice search for media and not why I cannot control navigation with my voice. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,
I'm getting the exact same issue....
Ran through the setup twice.When I test in Amazon it displays info that its working. The web server is working on external ip and remote works a treat. I'm running kodi 17. It is a fresh build with exodus.If I say stop it replies playback has stopped but it says unable to parse when I try to play a movie (there are movies to view). My guess is that there's something not triggering on heraku.Ive checked and the config looks good eg port / ip etc.Running windows10 and kodi is allowed through firewall....
Help me Obi Wan you're my only hope.

All the best
@bernardlowe, List of banned addons.

Besides that.. post logs please (web server and Kodi).
Hi Jingai,

Thanks for your help and sharing your knowledge it is very much appreciated.

No banned add ons as new install
kodi 17 and exodus running windows 10.
Are there prerequisites? system environments etc or extra add ons?
Do you think its worth moving from heroku to elsewhere?
Sorry for being dim but not sure where webserver log file lives. Can you give me a clue?

kodi log below
Massive thanks to all the contributors for this, marvellous stuff. I used the lambda approach and it's working great.

I was a little uncomfortable opening my kodi server up to the internet, so i've hacked in MQTT support, to allow the communication with Kodi to be achieved via a message broker that both the lambda function and a client on my local machine connect to over a TLS connection, so no need to port forward on the router.

I'm a skinflint so i'm using a free cloud based MQTT broker (cloudmqtt.com) which limits throughput to 10kb/s, so it's definitely adding some latency, especially when it's a multi-step interaction with the API and/or returns large JSON objects, but i'm happier with this approach for now. It's definitely a viable approach for those who don't feel comfortable opening their firewall to connections from the internet.
@bernardlowe As a new poster you might not know this but 1) You should post your logs to pastebin not copy it into a post and 2) Your log shows two (possibly three) banned repositories which are in the link posted above. I've seen legitimate threads binned for screenshots of banned add ons so suggest editing your post.
cheers man! got it going now using heroku. not sure what the issue was. completely removed kodi. it asked to delete app settings so did that.and installed in different directory. changed port to just 80 and changed port forwarding.recreated app in heroku and just updated url in amazon. changed keyword to box. all sweet as a bean. living the dream Smile
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15