• 160(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-01-04, 23:22)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 22:12)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.122 (Leia) and 3.4.11 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  This is mainly a bug fix version.  
Regards,

Bart
Thanks for this update @bsoriano. I haven't checked everything yet, but so far I haven't seen any bugs.
I just had to enable the use of Embuary Helper to keep having fanart scrolling through the Movies, TV Shows and Music menu items.
(2021-01-04, 22:12)bsoriano Wrote: - Plot was shown twice (one overlapping the other) for collections in the Gallery section in Fanart view.
It's okay, the movie summary no longer overlaps the list of movies in collections.

The French translations look correct.
Here are the French translations for the new elements :
1. Enable use of TMDb Helper : Activer l'utilisation de TMDb Helper
2. Enable use of Embuary Helper : Activer l'utilisation de Embuary Helper
@Cyberdom , thanks for your feedback.  I have updated the translations on the kodi weblate system.  I will hold off releasing a new version until the translations have been included.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-05, 12:44)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 11:10)clamatac Wrote: Hi, first of all sorry for my english.

I am still using kodi 17.6 because the skin amber was officialy supported. I have tried to upgrade to kodi 18.9 and install amber skin.amber-3.2.122.zip (from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo....2.122.zip) but I get an error:

Here is my log file:  https://paste.kodi.tv/taqisipufe.kodi

am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

@clamatac, you should install the Amber repo first, from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip, and then install Amber from the repo inside Kodi. That way you will keep it updated.

Your log shows that your system did not recognize the zip file as a zip file, there might have been an issue with the download.

Please let me know if you were able to install the repo correctly. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

thanks for anwsering, but i do not know how to install the repository. I have followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRBXPe-AQY but I am not sure the url I must write I have copyed the full url you have given me but when I go to add-ons --> install from reporsitory there is no new repository.

However, I have just made and upgade from 17.6 to 18.9, and in the past, after during this version update, kodi skin was alway disabled, but today, is present and enable showing that is the Amber v3.2.120

i
Thanks in advance

I am still using kodi 17.6 because the skin amber was officialy supported. I have tried to upgrade to kodi 18.9 and install amber skin.amber-3.2.122.zip (from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo....2.122.zip) but I get an error:

Thanks in advance

Greetings

@clamatac, you should install the Amber repo first, from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip, and then install Amber from the repo inside Kodi. That way you will keep it updated.

Your log shows that your system did not recognize the zip file as a zip file, there might have been an issue with the download.

Regards,

Bart

thanks for answering, but i do not know how to install the repository. I have followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRBXPe-AQY but I am not sure the url I must write. I have copied the full url you have given me but when I go to add-ons --> install from repository there is no new repository.

However, I have just made and upgrade from 17.6 to 18.9, and in the past, after during this version update, kodi skin was always disabled, but today, is present and enable showing that is the Amber v3.2.120

Thanks in advance
(2021-01-05, 20:28)clamatac Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Regards,

Bart

thanks for answering, but i do not know how to install the repository. I have followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRBXPe-AQY but I am not sure the url I must write. I have copied the full url you have given me but when I go to add-ons --> install from repository there is no new repository.

However, I have just made and upgrade from 17.6 to 18.9, and in the past, after during this version update, kodi skin was always disabled, but today, is present and enable showing that is the Amber v3.2.120

Thanks in advance
@clamatac , I am glad you are on 3.2.120.  Most likely you will get a new update soon, to 3.2.123, which was just approved in the Kodi repo.

In any case, these are the steps to install Amber from the Amber repo, which will keep it well updated, since I update the Amber repo much more frequently than the Kodi repo.  These steps pre-suppose that you downloaded the Amber repo zip file from the link I posted before, and that you have it on some location accessible to your Kodi device.

First, go to Addons, Addon Browser.

Then, select Install from Zip File:

Then, go to the location where you downloaded the file before.  In the next screenshot, I have gone to that location already:

When you click on the file, Kodi will install the Amber repo addon.

Now, you can go to Addons, Addon Browser, Install from Repository:

Now, you should see the Amber repository as one of your choices:

When you click on it, select Look and Feel, and then Skin

Amber should be your only choice here:

When you click on that, you should get the Amber addon information dialog, where you can choose to Install if you did not have it on your system, or Update, like it is shown below:

This is what you should see today if you click Update:

As you can see, the Kodi repository version is higher than the Amber repository version.  If you already have version 3.2.123, you do not need to update.

By having installed the Amber repo, whenever I push an update for Amber to the repo, Amber should auto-update in your Kodi device, if you have automatic updates enabled for addons.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Ever since I updated to version 122, my streaming addons have stop working. The icons are there, but when I select one it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens. I changed skins to check if it was the addons but they worked okay. I managed to downgrade to version 119 and everything worked okay. What do I have to do to get my addons to work. What I'm I missing?
(2021-01-05, 22:42)timmins Wrote: Ever since I updated to version 122, my streaming addons have stop working. The icons are there, but when I select one it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens. I changed skins to check if it was the addons but they worked okay. I managed to downgrade to version 119 and everything worked okay. What do I have to do to get my addons to work. What I'm I missing?
@timmins , I do not know what might be happening in your system.  I have tested 122 (and 123) with my streaming addons under Windows, such as Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, etc., and they all work fine.  In order for me to further evaluate the issue, please post a debug log of when this problem is happening to you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-05, 23:34)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 22:42)timmins Wrote: Ever since I updated to version 122, my streaming addons have stop working. The icons are there, but when I select one it goes to a blank screen and nothing happens. I changed skins to check if it was the addons but they worked okay. I managed to downgrade to version 119 and everything worked okay. What do I have to do to get my addons to work. What I'm I missing?
@timmins , I do not know what might be happening in your system.  I have tested 122 (and 123) with my streaming addons under Windows, such as Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, etc., and they all work fine.  In order for me to further evaluate the issue, please post a debug log of when this problem is happening to you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
More information, my PC is working okay with version 122. Both my shields don't work with 122.
(2021-01-06, 01:31)timmins Wrote: More information, my PC is working okay with version 122. Both my shields don't work with 122.

@timmins, please provide a debug log. I do not have a Shield that I can test with, so I would need to see a debug log to evaluate what the problem might be. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart long time.

The skin is looking great Big Grin

I just resetup my plexkodiconnect system and installed your latest version of amber 3.2.123

Everything was ok until I installed tmbd helper (2.4.36) from the kodi repo and then that old problem of nothing happening when i click play came back that you fixed ages ago. I'll link the post where you fixed it below.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2959183

Literally nothing would play this time whether I selected an episode from the widget or the main library and the same for films.

Anyway I installed jurialmonkeys repo and updated tmdb helper to the latest version (4.1.5) and now everything works again apart from when I try play a tv episode after clicking on it from a widget. (clicking on it from the main library now works)

Hopefully it is something easy for you to fix

thanks in advance
Here would be some updates for missing finnish translations;

Show smaller favourite icons = Näytä pienempiä suosikki ikoneita

Show three rows = Näytä kolme riviä

Show four rows = Näytä neljä riviä

Enable use of TMDB helper = Ota käyttöön TMDB helper

Use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder = Käytä fanart.jpg mikäli saatavilla kansiossa tai yläkansiossa

Disable Logo view = Älä käytä Logo näkymää

Amber settings>backup:
Backup = Varmuuskopioi
Restore = Palauta
Configure backup addon = Määritä varmuuskopiointi lisäosa
(2021-01-06, 14:36)G0mez Wrote: Here would be some updates for missing finnish translations;

Show smaller favourite icons = Näytä pienempiä suosikki ikoneita

Show three rows = Näytä kolme riviä

Show four rows = Näytä neljä riviä

Use fanart.jpg if present in folder or parent folder = Käytä fanart.jpg mikäli saatavilla kansiossa tai yläkansiossa

Disable Logo view = Älä käytä Logo näkymää

Amber settings>backup:
Backup = Varmuuskopioi
Restore = Palauta
Configure backup addon = Määritä varmuuskopiointi lisäosa
@G0mez , thanks! I have updated these strings in the new Kodi translation system.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-06, 07:29)treboR2Robert Wrote: Hi Bart long time.

The skin is looking great Big Grin

I just resetup my plexkodiconnect system and installed your latest version of amber 3.2.123

Everything was ok until I installed tmbd helper (2.4.36) from the kodi repo and then that old problem of nothing happening when i click play came back that you fixed ages ago. I'll link the post where you fixed it below.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2959183

Literally nothing would play this time whether I selected an episode from the widget or the main library and the same for films.

Anyway I installed jurialmonkeys repo and updated tmdb helper to the latest version (4.1.5) and now everything works again apart from when I try play a tv episode after clicking on it from a widget. (clicking on it from the main library now works)

Hopefully it is something easy for you to fix

thanks in advance
@treboR2Robert , happy new year! Thank you for your kind words.  

Thanks for bringing this up, since the way I fixed this before is not valid any more.  I went ahead and tried to recreate your environment, and I found (again) that PKC does not set a file name and path or folder path in the video info dialog, for On Deck items.  I have tested, successfully, a fix for this.

I have included the fix in version 3.2.124.  It is already on the Amber repo for Leia.  Please test and let me know if the problem is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.124 to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia. 

This version has just a fix for playing items that have no path set, from the video info dialog.  There are plugins which do this, like PlexKodiConnect for its On Deck items.  These items should now play correctly from the video info dialog.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for the information.

(2021-01-05, 21:43)bsoriano Wrote: Most likely you will get a new update soon, to 3.2.123, which was just approved in the Kodi repo.
Yesterday, I had the automatic update of Amber 3.2.123.
What are the fixes or new features in this version compared to version 3.2.122 ?
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5