• 17(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
(2014-10-24, 01:16)comfox1 Wrote: Copying and pasting from the old thread as this is still happening to me Sad

I have done a little troubleshooting on my issue and I am posting these results for Carb0 to ponder over.

If I run the most current version, 0.7.1, unedited I get an the error 'Check your login credentials' which is being thrown from line 72 in userinterface.py.

Code:
dialog.ok('Login failed', 'Check your login credentials')

I have verified that my credentials ARE correct.
I have also verified that I get a cookie in C:\Users\Theatre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\cookies.lwp

My cookie contents are: I have removed the JSESSIONID incase NHL is logging them, though I doubt it or they would fill up a crap ton of space in doing so

Code:
#LWP-Cookies-2.0
Set-Cookie3: JSESSIONID="XXXXXXXXXXX"; path="/nhlgc"; domain="gamecenter.nhl.com"; path_spec; discard; version=0

Now if I remove
Code:
(USERNAME in open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp')).read())
from line 58 in userinterface.py the addon will work and I am presented with the main menu

Live Games
Latest Games
Game Highlights
Condensed Games
Archived Games

If I go in to the Live Games menu I am presented with tonight's games

If I go further and try to play a live stream it works. I don't know what any of this means but I am hoping it helps resolve this.

Is anyone by chance working on a fix for this? The root cause is that the login I use is an email address but since I ONLY have my subscription through Rogers now I can't really change that fact. If not has looked in to it yet I will see if I can code some changes this weekend that will address it.

I noticed the newest version on the home page is 0.8.1 but when I install the download that is linked on the homepage the version in XBMC shows up as 0.8.0. Is there a problem with the link or version?
OK so I figured out how to fix my error. How do I add the code to the Github repo?
i can get all the way to the feeds menu nut cannot get them to play

debug log 351056 has been uploaded... hopefully someone can help me out! thanks
(2014-11-15, 05:23)cogitate228 Wrote: i can get all the way to the feeds menu nut cannot get them to play

debug log 351056 has been uploaded... hopefully someone can help me out! thanks

It looks like they made a change to the way they are streaming because we are getting "401 - Unauthorized" now. Will need someone with more capabilities than me to help diagnose.
I just tested the boston / carolina game and it's working for me.
The Boston game is buffering about every 5 minutes (on my pc and google tv box). The Roku is staying at 60 fps... Huh
If watching xbmc and roku at the same time is the roku feed delayed? Maybe the buffering is solved by a longer delay on the broadcast.
I also am receiving the error to check my credentials. Hoping for a fix soon. I am on a WIn 7 box with Rogers sign in.
For those with buffering issues: http://totalxbmc.tv/new-forum/index.php?topic=19.0

This add-on simply supplies xbmc with a video stream url. Once xmbc begins playing the video the code has done it's job, simple as that. Not saying this link will fix your issues, but maybe it will help you discover where the problem lies.
(2014-11-15, 23:52)eracknaphobia Wrote: For those with buffering issues: http://totalxbmc.tv/new-forum/index.php?topic=19.0

This add-on simply supplies xbmc with a video stream url. Once xmbc begins playing the video the code has done it's job, simple as that. Not saying this link will fix your issues, but maybe it will help you discover where the problem lies.

I tried that a while ago but didn't seem to make a difference since the stream is live.
I noticed that alot of times as soon as I start the stream it buffers for almost 1 minute (just checked the LA game). I think if it was a cache issue it wouldn't buffer as soon as the stream starts. (I could be wrong lol Angel)
(2014-11-15, 22:52)BEARDEDBBQ Wrote: I also am receiving the error to check my credentials. Hoping for a fix soon. I am on a WIn 7 box with Rogers sign in.

I just sent the code fix to eracknaphobia so it can get put in to the build.
Here is a video of the buffering starting as soon as the stream starts and again at 1:16 during the Ranger/Pens game

Interesting thing happened to me this evening. While watching the Rangers/Pens game it was at about 7 minutes left in the first period when my 4 year old son wanted to play the Wii for a few minutes before going to bed. Instead of stopping the game, I just switched inputs and intended to leave the game running. Once he was done... I guess a good 20 minutes or so had passed... I switched the input back to XBMC and found the game paused with about 5 minutes left in the first... not sure what caused it, but the game was paused for almost that entire time. When I pressed 'play', the game continued from where it was paused, and did NOT buffer the rest of the game.

Could that time paused of affected the buffering? If we pause a game for 20 minutes at the start, would that work? I may test that theory in the next couple of days.
I solved my buffering issues by changing DNS addresses and using Namebench to find out the best ones. Something to do with Akamai servers possibly?
https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

Most games I watch now almost never buffer. If anything its once or twice at most Smile
I did a little more testing last night during the Montreal - Detroit live game.

First - I ran a monitor cable from my PC over to my TV and watched the stream using a browser on my Windows 7 PC piped to my TV (720p). No buffering - but I did notice one thing - even though I was getting the highest number of bars all the time - in no way was the stream quality as good as what the XBMC plugin gives. I am not sure if it's the frame rate - but there was way more blockiness and much less smoothness even though the connection was rock solid on the PC. I also tried a couple of different browsers and the quality stayed the same. Ok, but nowhere near as good as the XBMC stream.

I switched over to XBMC plugin on the PC - picture quality was way better - but ran into buffering. Switched over to Pivos box with XBMC - still buffering.

Now here is the thing - I switched my DNS on my router over to google DNS rather then the normal ISP (Teksavvy).

I am not sure how that would make a difference - but I was able to watch the 2nd and third periods with no buffering at all through Pivos XBMC.

This also allows me to rule out effects from "Zap the Cap" throttling down to 12 mbps as well because it was perfect.

So it seems I can conclude two things:

1. I cannot compare the Windows stream to the XBMC stream because the windows one is way less quality even though it says Best (4500) and all bars lit. This wasn't evident until I was comparing on the same TV Screen directly
  2. Buffering seemed to get better when I switched to Google DNS - I have no clue why though.

Hope this helps someone.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7