• 17(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Got this working great so thanks!

I have found one issue...TV series with a written number in the title aren't found.

For example Brooklyn Nine Nine and Hawaii Five-o in the logs it searches for Brooklyn 99 and hawaii 5 o.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1
If I understand this correctly, after I set this up it will only work for files that I own physically right? No add ons like
netflix, or amazon prime?
Also, if it needs the file physicall and I decide to use an add on will it still be able to call the pause, stop buttons?
I have kodi 16.1, harmony hub, windows7, Alexa and use the ha bridge. Maybe there is an easier way to get pause, play and stop to work. Any help would be great. Thx so much.
I followed the directions, and up until setting up the stuff on Amazon it seemed to work (got no errors) I added SHOWS, MOVIES & MUSIC slot types, then I pasted the files in Intent Schema & Sample Utterances. This is what I get when I try to save it

Error: There was a problem with your request: Unknown slot type 'MUSICARTISTS' for slot 'Artist'

I tried a bunch of things but I can't figure this out at all
(2016-10-24, 06:15)quebert Wrote: I followed the directions, and up until setting up the stuff on Amazon it seemed to work (got no errors) I added SHOWS, MOVIES & MUSIC slot types, then I pasted the files in Intent Schema & Sample Utterances. This is what I get when I try to save it

Error: There was a problem with your request: Unknown slot type 'MUSICARTISTS' for slot 'Artist'

I tried a bunch of things but I can't figure this out at all

You need to add a slot for MUSICARTISTS as the sample utterances config references it and it can't find it. You need to delete the sample utterances before you add it, and the re-add the sample utterances.

Your complete list of slots should be:

MOVIES
SHOWS
MUSICARTISTS
MUSICPLAYLISTS

Even if some of them are blank....
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
(2016-10-24, 05:51)michaelhinchey Wrote: If I understand this correctly, after I set this up it will only work for files that I own physically right? No add ons like
Also, if it needs the file physicall and I decide to use an add on will it still be able to call the pause, stop buttons?
I have kodi 16.1, harmony hub, windows7, Alexa and use the ha bridge. Maybe there is an easier way to get pause, play and stop to work. Any help would be great. Thx so much.

Navigation commands (up/down/left/right/skip/previous/etc) will work everywhere they're applicable.

The other commands specifically operate on library items. This is usually a file located on your local storage. There might be a way to add streaming media to the library, but I've never tried to do it.

I will soon be adding commands to execute addons and support for favorites (if possible). This should allow some rudimentary control of addons, but you still won't be able to say anything like "play {movie} from Netflix". As far as I know, that support just isn't there in Kodi yet. I am going to look at it more thoroughly though once I sit down to implement this stuff.
(2016-10-24, 15:27)jingai Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 05:51)michaelhinchey Wrote: If I understand this correctly, after I set this up it will only work for files that I own physically right? No add ons like

Navigation commands (up/down/left/right/skip/previous/etc) will work everywhere they're applicable.

The other commands specifically operate on library items. This is usually a file located on your local storage. There might be a way to add streaming media to the library, but I've never tried to do it.

I will soon be adding commands to execute addons and support for favorites (if possible). This should allow some rudimentary control of addons, but you still won't be able to say anything like "play {movie} from Netflix". As far as I know, that support just isn't there in Kodi yet. I am going to look at it more thoroughly though once I sit down to implement this stuff.
Thx for the quick reply. Can this be done outside oh kodi on say like an app or something?
I'm gonna do this for kodi because just being able to pause, play and stop via voice is so Jetson. Lol
Thx for the reply and I would be interested to see what you have coming next.
(2016-10-24, 16:42)michaelhinchey Wrote: Thx for the quick reply. Can this be done outside oh kodi on say like an app or something?

I don't know, but I think most apps are using the same interface we're using (JSON RPC) so, probably not.
(2016-10-24, 16:51)jingai Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 16:42)michaelhinchey Wrote: Thx for the quick reply. Can this be done outside oh kodi on say like an app or something?

I don't know, but I think most apps are using the same interface we're using (JSON RPC) so, probably not.
Thx
brilliant work really amazing. was wondering if alexa will work on osmc on raspberry pi 3?
I love it when she tells me the names of the new shows ready to watch. Is there a way to make her tell me more than 2 random shows that are new? I'd love to be able to make that list go higher. This is so much fun. Thanks a bunch!
Hi,

I've been trying this for a while now and struggling. Keep getting an "error parsing results" message from Alexa (and occasionally not even that).

I've followed this set of instructions almost to the letter (although I've set up MUSICARTISTS and MUSICPLAYLISTS slot types instead of the one it recommends): http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-c...azon-echo/

I'm able to pull an error log from Heroku, so *that* seems to be OK. I'm also able to log into Kodi via my dynamic DNS URL, so *that* seems to be OK too. The Alexa developer app has green ticks throughout. I'm not sure where else to obviously troubleshoot.

http://pastebin.com/uPmHzmpZ

Can anyone offer any obvious pointers?
(2016-10-25, 12:20)MattDale Wrote: I'm also able to log into Kodi via my dynamic DNS URL, so *that* seems to be OK too.

Are you able to access the JSONRPC using your ddns? e.g. superrandomname.duckdns.org:33333/jsonrpc

Also what language are you trying to set up and where are you located?
Thanks for the reply... Whilst I don't understand JSONRPC, I've entered my DDNS followed by /jsonrpc into a browser and it's come up with a lot of code, so I'd say yes to that one!

I'm English, based in the UK, so I've used that setting when building this. So far (I've only had the dot 24hrs) I've found it's been amazingly good at transcribing me... and indeed the app is reporting back the exact words I'm saying, even when I get a parse error.
(2016-10-25, 12:41)MattDale Wrote: Thanks for the reply... Whilst I don't understand JSONRPC, I've entered my DDNS followed by /jsonrpc into a browser and it's come up with a lot of code, so I'd say yes to that one!

Did it prompt you for a username and password first?
Quick question. When creating a role in AWS it wants me to select a role type. Which one do I select?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15