• 171(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
i got it working
i run Live but i have a windows version installed and on my system, the userdata folder is at c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\XBMC. Appdata is a hidden directory. If you have this folder, go to the addons folder in there, and delete skin.aeonmq.2, but first switch to Confluence if you havent already in XBMC

Download the zip file of the revision 98 from a couple of pages back and extract it back to this addons folder so you have a new skin.aeonmq.2 folder.

Try loading XBMC again and check whether the skin is enabled and switch to it, if it works, check which revision youre running by going to the info screen while at the homescreen (not sure how to do that on windows). It should say revision 98 at the bottom.

If that doesnt work post back and let me know which point didnt work, or if you dont have that roaming folder above, let me know

EDIT: dont delete the skin.aeonmq.2 folder!!!! The zip file that marcos provided is just a couple of replacement folders from inside skin.aeonmq.2. delete those folders and replace with the 2 from the zip file instead. I only just realised that after I wrote the above
markimark Wrote:Does anybody know how to clear the cache for the ClearArt Feature? I have created a clearart logo for local use on my pc and it was showing up but then I recreated it and saved under the same name because I have to (logo.png). The problem is that the new version of the logo is NOT showing up but still the first one that I have created. I guess that I have to clear something but I have no idea what and where to find it.

Any help out there? Thanks.

If no one here does have a clou why still the old artwork is showing up (insted of the redesigned one) I have to ask you directly. How can I update the clear logo artwork that is stored in the tvShow folder already? Thanks for your help.
d_hero Wrote:i run Live but i have a windows version installed and on my system, the userdata folder is at c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\XBMC. Appdata is a hidden directory. If you have this folder, go to the addons folder in there, and delete skin.aeonmq.2, but first switch to Confluence if you havent already in XBMC

Download the zip file of the revision 98 from a couple of pages back and extract it back to this addons folder so you have a new skin.aeonmq.2 folder.

Try loading XBMC again and check whether the skin is enabled and switch to it, if it works, check which revision youre running by going to the info screen while at the homescreen (not sure how to do that on windows). It should say revision 98 at the bottom.

If that doesnt work post back and let me know which point didnt work, or if you dont have that roaming folder above, let me know

i think i may have to reinstall xbmc first because it crashes as soon as i start to navigate
skid23 Wrote:i think i may have to reinstall xbmc first because it crashes as soon as i start to navigate

ok start again, uninstall xbmc, delete the whole of the XBMC directory that i mentioned above if it exists. Install XBMC again, download the 2.7.0 zip file from marcos's website (the whole 250mb-ish file), unzip that to c:\program files\xbmc\addons (or whevere you installed XBMC to), then replace the 720p and Languages folder with those from the zip a few pages back, then run XBMC and switch skins and see if that works
i got it working
skid23 Wrote:ok thanks.. i will do that now report back in a few mins oh and i can't find the roaming dir. so i guess it's ok i removed it fully including profile when uninstalling ..

It might be a hidden directory, you need to open up windows explorer,
click tools, then folder options, then click the view tab, and click show hidden files and folders.

After that I would use a free and safe registry cleaner like C Cleaner and make sure you are completely rid of your old XBMC install before reinstalling.

TC
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
i got it working
went back in when i navigate i can hear everything but its frozen on the compact mode normal mode full mode screen
i'm going to try again with a different skin see how it works out my media dreams are crushed lol
does it work at all with confluence?
yeh it seems to be with mq2 i'm going to test it a bit longer with confluence and a couple of other skins
i got it working
thats weird, ive tested it like you and as soon as i put the skin.aeonmq.2 folder in my addons directory, i can switch to it and it works fine.

did you say you definitely dont have the roaming folder? it will be hidden under appdata which itself is a hidden folder (providing you are using windows 7). you might find that its there somewhere and you need to delete it and your guisettings.xml with it too. otherwise im out of ideas
i got it working
  • 171(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232