• 19(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
What is the best way to get the latest updates/fixes from the Helix branch? Download the zip file or is there a way to do a pull request? Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
phil65, I can't seem to set any new submenus. I can add to default submenus that are already present, but If I try to add for instance as an example "update video library" to the "TVGuide" menu item or any other menu item that doesn't already have submenu's it's a no go. The skin shortcuts notify pops up after adding and indicates that it's building the menus or whatnot but the submenu item I added never appears. Any suggestions? thanks.
@woodside
Are you using Helix branch?
will have to look at submenu stuff. didn´t really change anything affecting that in helix branch I think. could anyone report if it works in Gotham?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi Phil, I decided to give Kodi another try and I installed your Kodi branch. Nice work so far man. The only errors I kept getting was an extended info error when I went to the video dialog page (I updated all scripts you listed on the first page), also the TV guide would not update, I didnt go much further as I got a few crashes, however I don't think that's of any fault of the skin, I just think that Kodi is not stable enough just yet, Ive switched back to Gotham and my custom nox for the time being.

I really like the maps and trailers additions on the main menu. Ive actually imported the maps addon into the version of nox I'm using for the time being.

By far the greatest change so far is the ability to simply right click on something in the main menu and edit it right there, fantastic!

On the video dialog page, I miss the ability when clicking on a actor and then having the option to look at there bio, look them up on youtube or see related movies but that's easy to mod back in.
Example:

Also, just my humble opinion but I think that the original video controls looked better and fit the skin better, but again that's another easy thing to mod back.

I would request that in the bookmarks page (when watching a video) that you add a exit button because like versions before, right clicking a mouse doesn't close the window.

Like so:

Glad to have the master back working on the "King of Skins"!

EDIT: also as I'm sure you are aware, weather underground no longer supports XBMC Sad
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1813365
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2014-10-15, 14:59)bobrap Wrote: @woodside
yes
(2014-10-15, 16:53)ShadowTek Wrote: Hi Phil, I decided to give Kodi another try and I installed your Kodi branch. Nice work so far man. The only errors I kept getting was an extended info error when I went to the video dialog page.
debug log?
(2014-10-15, 16:53)ShadowTek Wrote: On the video dialog page, I miss the ability when clicking on a actor and then having the option to look at there bio, look them up on youtube or see related movies but that's easy to mod back in.
still WIP. It´s possible that I will integrate actor info in script.extendedinfo in the long term because noone really maintains that add-on.
(2014-10-15, 16:53)ShadowTek Wrote: I would request that in the bookmarks page (when watching a video) that you add a exit button because like versions before, right clicking a mouse doesn't close the window.
No, I try to get rid of all "exit" / "cancel" buttons for dialogs. all remotes have a back key to close them.
(2014-10-15, 16:53)ShadowTek Wrote: EDIT: also as I'm sure you are aware, weather underground no longer supports XBMC Sad
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1813365
Yes, I´m aware, but there´s a good solution in sight. (Look in weather addon subforums)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2014-10-15, 17:21)woodside Wrote:
yes

Can you give a man a hand with updating? How are you updating the fixes Phil posts? A git pull is the master branch? Is the zip file constantly updated? Hate to be a bother, just like using things that can break Smile Thanks.
Hi

1. I already uninstalled Kodi and the kodi skin Smile sorry about that. I'll remember next time.
2. that would be great, for such a cool script Smile
3. Sad That's ok, I can add it..
4. I saw, open weather map, looks promising. Still... shame about WU.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2014-10-15, 18:15)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 17:21)woodside Wrote:
yes

Can you give a man a hand with updating? How are you updating the fixes Phil posts? A git pull is the master branch? Is the zip file constantly updated? Hate to be a bother, just like using things that can break Smile Thanks.

git checkout helix
git pull

should work.
(2014-10-15, 18:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 18:15)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 17:21)woodside Wrote: yes

git checkout helix
git pull

should work.
I have actually just been re-downloading all the relevant zips each time and unzipping into their respective directorys and overwriting.

@phil65 - can you point me to where I might find a better way to update or some documentation I could read to do it the way you listed? not sure what you mean by "git checkout helix" and "git pull". thanks.

[EDIT] Nevermind... figured it out... to think I have been doing it the hard way all this time. STUPID ME!
Thanks, Phil. Should have figured that out. Just to make sure my files are getting updated correctly, in episode view there was an alignment issue. By chance did you have the time to fix that. I'm still seeing it which made wonder about my file updates. Is there a visual clue to let me know I have the latest and greatest? Thanks again and the skin is coming along nicely!
(2014-10-15, 18:38)woodside Wrote: [EDIT] Nevermind... figured it out... to think I have been doing it the hard way all this time. STUPID ME!

can you explain, I allways download the zip-file and install from zip...
is there a better way?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-10-15, 19:55)sveni_lee Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 18:38)woodside Wrote: [EDIT] Nevermind... figured it out... to think I have been doing it the hard way all this time. STUPID ME!

can you explain, I allways download the zip-file and install from zip...
is there a better way?

If your using windows... Github for Windows. https://windows.github.com/ after install use "Clone in Desktop". instead of the zip file download.
Thanks, will try On my windows System...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11