• 19(current)
Broken Multi Weather
(2024-05-13, 00:37)wags1 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 00:13)kittmaster Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/apegiconow.kodi

I can't get this to work. When I put my trailer away in Nov. 2023, it was on version .18, and worked. 

I start up and I get some crazy numbers like 2400F another is -32F. I've tried to update to .26, same result, tried .25 which is what the log results are... same thing.

Can't get it to work, what is the fix? 

Do you see the same behavior using the Kodi default skin?

Yes:

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
please follow the steps outlined in the first post on how to create a Debug Log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2024-05-13, 01:10)ronie Wrote: please follow the steps outlined in the first post on how to create a Debug Log.

Read post 269
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-05-13, 01:16)kittmaster Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 01:10)ronie Wrote: please follow the steps outlined in the first post on how to create a Debug Log.

Read post 269
Based on the log posted in 269 it did not appear that you had completed steps 1 and 2 from post 1:

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the multi weather addon settings
(2024-05-13, 01:26)wags1 Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 01:16)kittmaster Wrote:

Read post 269
Based on the log posted in 269 it did not appear that you had completed steps 1 and 2 from post 1:

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the multi weather addon settings

I turned on logging in the add-on, didn't have debug log enabled globally. I nuked log and restarted, tried it out, same results. Updated log here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/fokipaweri.kodi

Thanks for heads up, I keep forgetting you need to have master logging on for the add-on logs to work also.
Mr. V's Original Source
And to verify after reading the logs, my API is active and has been so without any recent changes, so the log is probably pointing to whatever the issue is (taken 5 min before this post):

Mr. V's Original Source
@kittmaster I tried your location just to make sure it wasn’t something funky with that and it worked fine for me.
Try 02864, I just can't figure it, I uninstalled it, a few times I tried to do a Kodi installed of .18, that is missing from the repository even though it is still listed as there.

I downloaded .18 manually from a link in this thread, tried that to see if something go corrupted, tried installing .26 via zip, failed, I'm still on .25 using estuary and it still shows random temps with a big yellow slash. Sometimes 194F, recent was 384F, just nutty behavior.

This unit has been in storage since it November and restarted in early April, no updates otherwise and it is just "broke".

I do have a userdata folder archive, I might try to restore that and see what happens.
Mr. V's Original Source
If it's any consolation, I'm experiencing the same thing.  zip 37330
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Add on has stopped working for me too. I'm on latest nightly of Kodi V21. I tried renaming the addon settings file and go through setup again of the addon (v.26) but still no weather data gets downloaded
i'm afraid the addon broke again and i'm even more afraid i won't be able to fix it this time.
just like on previous accasions, the addon will continue to work on existing installs, but will fail to fetch weather on new installs.

yesterday i've spend half a day trying to come up with a fix, but no luck.
in case someone from the community wants to take a shot at it, that would be most appreciated of course.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2024-05-14, 10:33)ronie Wrote: i'm afraid the addon broke again and i'm even more afraid i won't be able to fix it this time.
just like on previous accasions, the addon will continue to work on existing installs, but will fail to fetch weather on new installs.

yesterday i've spend half a day trying to come up with a fix, but no luck.
in case someone from the community wants to take a shot at it, that would be most appreciated of course.
Ok, what is the failure mechanism? That is a strange fail case.

EDIT: And also, on both my systems, they are not new installs, they were existing... so I'm confused by what is happening. What are the details of why it is failing?

EDIT EDIT: I just read through this entire thread, I get it now... thx Yahoo... LOL.
Mr. V's Original Source
One thing to note, I went to https://weather.yahoo.com/ and it required a circus acrobat login session to get to be able to change "my location" from Mass to RI.

I had to login to my account, challenged on if I'm a robot, then sent a code to continue. So it is like 3 layers of BS to get the locale adjustment to where it think I was. 

I assume this also applies to the add-on and how it changes it location and then the cookie capture to be able to display the persistent data.

I'm sure you have found most of this on your end, almost seems like it has been locked down to script capturing...
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-05-14, 15:19)kittmaster Wrote: One thing to note, I went to https://weather.yahoo.com/ and it required a circus acrobat login session to get to be able to change "my location" from Mass to RI.

I had to login to my account, challenged on if I'm a robot, then sent a code to continue. So it is like 3 layers of BS to get the locale adjustment to where it think I was. 

I assume this also applies to the add-on and how it changes it location and then the cookie capture to be able to display the persistent data.

I'm sure you have found most of this on your end, almost seems like it has been locked down to script capturing...
Perhaps it affects new installs or something else is going on? I added new locations yesterday with no problems.
Not sure if this info helps or not but I have 4 android boxes and one windows box all with old installs with one exception. The weather displayed weird results on one of the android boxes which had been wiped and reinstalled 2-3 months ago with Nexus now upgraded to Omega. All the rest are now on Omega and work as expected. Just so happens the non working one was wiped again and reinstalled yesterday and with same results. So for for me at least it started a several months ago
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Weather0