Need a GPU for this HTPC
mr.sparkle Wrote:Can you confirm this? ION2 with VDPAU can handle the exotic widths, too? I cant find any documentation.

Sure. It is Purevideo feature set C not B like original ION:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Pure...ews.net-11

mr.sparkle Wrote:You're not convinced about an NVidia card because one ATi card was better than anotherHuh?

Any GT210 will slice any 2D video like butter, I assure you.
i'm still not convince because i tried the gt430 on the same e7200 too. the hd6570 is the more stable one. i know hd6570 is slightly more powerful, but the price wise is not that much different. i have no beef again any brand because i own two ati cards and two nvidia cards. for the same price range, i preferred ati!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:i'm still not convince because i tried the gt430 on the same e7200 too. the hd6570 is the more stable one. i know hd6570 is slightly more powerful, but the price wise is not that much different. i have no beef again any brand because i own two ati cards and two nvidia cards. for the same price range, i preferred ati!

That is cool. I personally think when I do my tests I am going to find that AMD now has better image quality than Nvidia in the 6xxx series. That is why I have been waiting to get a 6xxx card- I will have to replace every Nvidia card in the house if that is the case. It will be like when I discovered SSDs all over again...

poofyhairguy Wrote:I have a VERY rigorous test that I do for any GPU. I have picked out of my 1300 HD movies the ones that best represent the different encodings I have seen on the internet.
when you're ready to test, you can try the latest thor bd in 1080p with 7.1 dts-hd, 3:10 to yuma bd in 1080p with 7.1 lpcm and transformers: dark of the moon bd in 1080p with 7.1 truehd. if you can, try it with iso and index.bdmv!
poofyhairguy Wrote:I will have to replace every Nvidia card in the house if that is the case. It will be like when I discovered SSDs all over again...
the rule of thumb- if you like it as is and it doesn't broke, why replace it? but, if you have the money- why not!
bluray Wrote:when you're ready to test, you can try the latest thor bd in 1080p with 7.1 dts-hd, 3:10 to yuma bd in 1080p with 7.1 lpcm and transformers: dark of the moon bd in 1080p with 7.1 truehd. if you can, try it with iso and index.bdmv!

Yeah the 3:10 to Yuma is a fav for testing VC-1. I will give the rest a try as well. I also have a few 3D movies that it will get tested with!

bluray Wrote:the rule of thump- if you like it as is and it doesn't broke, why replace it? but, if you have the money- why not!

Nod

bluray Wrote:the rule of thumb- if you like it as is and it doesn't broke, why replace it? but, if you have the money- why not!

I like that! Wink

I had a 5xxx ATI and had tons of problems... but I would later like to get a 6xxx series fanless that works well with win7.... but I do not wan't to be the guinea pig for it.
Beer40oz Wrote:I had a 5xxx ATI and had tons of problems... but I would later like to get a 6xxx series fanless that works well with win7.... but I do not wan't to be the guinea pig for it.

Well, Y not try the one I have.. HIS 6570 I'm diggin' it...lots!!Nod(BluRay recommended, CpTHOOK tested!!) Runnin' flawless, with a 300W power supply at that
CpTHOOK Wrote:Well, Y not try the one I have.. HIS 6570 I'm diggin' it...lots!!Nod(BluRay recommended, CpTHOOK tested!!) Runnin' flawless, with a 300W power supply at that

Cool beans! but for $75 ... ill stick with my $10.00 G210 Big Grin later down the road....

but you know what ... I am tempted to buy this EVGA gt210 fanless....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130605
Beer40oz Wrote:Cool beans! but for $75 ... ill stick with my $10.00 G210 Big Grin later down the road....
this one is $10 cheaper- New SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570

Beer40oz Wrote:but you know what ... I am tempted to buy this EVGA gt210 fanless....
if you are not interesting in bit-streaming dts-hd and truehd to avr for decoding, you're fine with gt210.
Beer40oz Wrote:I like that! Winkbut I would later like to get a 6xxx series fanless that works well with win7.... but I do not wan't to be the guinea pig for it.

bluray Wrote:this one is $10 cheaper- New SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570

Great looking card Blu, but i think fanless was the request! Still looking for fanless with a smaller heatsink. If i find one, I'll put the HIS on E-Bay. The large heatsink is the only thing that's getting to me because it presses up against CPU heatsink
CpTHOOK Wrote:Well, Y not try the one I have.. HIS 6570 I'm diggin' it...lots!!Nod(BluRay recommended, CpTHOOK tested!!) Runnin' flawless, with a 300W power supply at that

Beer40oz Wrote:Cool beans! but for $75 ... ill stick with my $10.00 G210 Big Grin later down the road....

but you know what ... I am tempted to buy this EVGA gt210 fanless....

CpTHOOK Wrote:Great looking card Blu, but i think fanless was the request! Still looking for fanless with a smaller heatsink. If i find one, I'll put the HIS on E-Bay. The large heatsink is the only thing that's getting to me because it presses up against CPU heatsink

Shit, i been away for like 8 hours and you lot are splitting the atom Laugh... i think i got the best of both worlds really..in my main HTPC downstairs i went for the fanless HD6570 because i had the height in the case and also i have a dual dvb s2 HD sat card in there (problems with playback using that)..on the freebie pc i picked up i think i went for the right card there (GT210)...certainly not forking out for a 3D tv for my girls and they have freewiew up there anyway..though i may look to putting in a free sat dvb card..not sure the GT210 will handle that or not.....on the 3D side..i am really not impressed with 3D...i have noted that unless you are bang on sqaure with the tv then the picture is crap
loady Wrote:Shit, i been away for like 8 hours and you lot are splitting the atom Laugh... i think i got the best of both worlds really..in my main HTPC downstairs i went for the fanless HD6570 because i had the height in the case and also i have a dual dvb s2 HD sat card in there (problems with playback using that)..on the freebie pc i picked up i think i went for the right card there (GT210)...certainly not forking out for a 3D tv for my girls and they have freewiew up there anyway..though i may look to putting in a free sat dvb card..not sure the GT210 will handle that or not.....on the 3D side..i am really not impressed with 3D...i have noted that unless you are bang on sqaure with the tv then the picture is crap
did you turn on "smooth playback" in catalyst control center? did you turn htpc power option in windows control panel/hardware to "high performance"?
bluray Wrote:this one is $10 cheaper- New SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570

if you are not interesting in bit-streaming dts-hd and truehd to avr for decoding, you're fine with gt210.

+1.... yup... have it in the cart! this will make my setup way silent the only fan I hear that is loud is the GPU... hope this works out good! I love EVGA.... it just works.
Beer40oz Wrote:+1.... yup... have it in the cart! this will make my setup way silent the only fan I hear that is loud is the GPU... hope this works out good! I love EVGA.... it just works.
i'm a fan of gpu with fan, and i never own any fanless gpu either. i can barely hear any noise from it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a GPU for this HTPC0