Asrock Visionx 321B CI5
(2012-09-27, 10:50)Lucas Rey Wrote: The differences between VisionX and Vision HT Series is only on Graphic card:

VisionX = AMD Radeon™ HD7850M Graphics
Vision HT = Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals

Which is better for FULL HD / BLU RAY FULL ISO 3D movies ?!?

Thanks!
You cannot compare an Intel iGPU to a very powerful HD7850M GPU.....but for HTPC purpose, the latest Intel iGPU should handle blu-ray 3d very well too.....

The VisionX with HD7850M GPU is a more powerful model.....

(2012-09-28, 09:19)tetzuoshima Wrote: As I said earlier I will start working on the setup this saturday so will keep this post updated!
Great stuff......

You might want to consider configure it as below....

-Uninstall Realtek in Windows 7 control panel/programs/programs and features
-Update AMD latest driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
-Enable DXVA2 and select Software as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/settings/video/playback
-Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output
-Select AMD HDMI audio output in control panel sound/playback
-Select HDMI audio output, un-check all the capable receiver options and select DirectSound: AMD HDMI output (AMD high definition....) in XBMC system/settings/system/audio output (Note- if you are connecting HTPC directly to HDTV, you need to select DirectSound and select WASAPI/check all the receiver capable options if there is AVR in between HTPC and HDTV.....)

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-28, 14:38)th30n3 Wrote: Great to keep us updated on your setup, i'm currently looking for a replacement for my old Asrock ION 330-BD and i'm not sure which one to choose, either the Vision X or Vision HT.

Will you be installing OpenELEC on it? I wonder if all hardware is supported and would be interested in your findings.

Yes that was my first aproach but after posting I got responses saying it would be a waste on this hardware so I Installed Windows on it.

(2012-09-29, 21:06)Lucas Rey Wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience, expecially for XBMC on this HTPC! I can't wait for more infos and photos! ^_^
Please let me know if the original remote works ok (fast responsive command on XBMC!) Wink

The original control works right out of the box, the only thing I had to map was context menu, SMS style keypad and "subtitle disable button" (my pref) BUT as I have the Motorola Nyxboard I will be using that one, still a big plus is the power on, power off feature is working out of the box! I have to configure that function on my Nyxboard.
Also the remote is IR so you have to have clear site to the box itself, with the Nyxboard I have RF.

(2012-09-30, 00:36)paisley Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 15:11)tetzuoshima Wrote: Just ordered a Asrock Visionx 321b Ci5 (http://goo.gl/y3uVO)

Can I ask where you bought it?

I'm in Australia and can't seem to find this locally and it looks like great hardware for a Group #7 HTPC.

Im from Sweden so I bought it from a swedish retailer, I checked the Asrock page and there is som australian retailer with the Asrock visionX, hope you find it Smile

(2012-09-30, 09:57)lucho528 Wrote: Let us know how XBMC on windows feels on it? Does it handle 1080p 3D content without issue?

Only tried it for a short while but my first impressions is great! its way moore responsive than my Asrock 330, My library contains 700 movies and my tv shows contains about 4000 episodes where my Asrock 330 took about 5 seconds to load the library this feels seamless so am really happy with that.(sidenote is that I used SMB before and now I use NFS) havent tried any 3D movies mostly because my TV dont support it Smile will try to get my hands on one and test it out.
Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
Installed Windows 7 I then used the XBMC launcher app I found on this forum to change the Windows shell to XBMC so now it boots directly into XBMC pretty happy with the setup will work on it some more the coming days, the scan of my ReadyNAS was really quick so was up and running in no time.

These are the setting I use for Audio, Thanks for info blu, will continue the work regarding Audio/video settings

The System info when Machine is idle

Hardware. Asrock VisionX, Onkyo TX-SR508, LG 47", ReadyNAS Ultra 6 TB | Software. XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4.0, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, SABnzbd
[trakt.tv]
(2012-09-30, 00:36)paisley Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 15:11)tetzuoshima Wrote: Just ordered a Asrock Visionx 321b Ci5 (http://goo.gl/y3uVO)

Can I ask where you bought it?

I'm in Australia and can't seem to find this locally and it looks like great hardware for a Group #7 HTPC.

It's just starting to appear at some online retailers in Australia on StaticIce http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/sear...ion&spos=3
however no one has it in stock.

I have emailed the Australia distributor and they have indicated that it should be in stock early to mid October.

Thanks ChessKing. I will keep an eye out for stock.

Also I notice that some suppliers (linked from staticice) such as Megaware and EYO seem to only reference the Intel HD4000 integrated GPU and not the HD7850M. Not sure if this is an oversight or not. Perhaps I should check with the distributor that the Australian imports have the Radeon?

tetzuoshima your setup looks amazing, thanks for the pics!

Can I ask how quiet is the asrock?

Not sure if you have had a chance to watch and 23.976fps content yet but I'm keen to see if this performs well without any refresh issues. AnandTech have a good article here on custom refresh rates (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4380/discr...shootout/5). Let me know what you think after you have had a chance to watch a movie or two Smile
(2012-10-01, 10:02)paisley Wrote: tetzuoshima your setup looks amazing, thanks for the pics!

Can I ask how quiet is the asrock?

Not sure if you have had a chance to watch and 23.976fps content yet but I'm keen to see if this performs well without any refresh issues. AnandTech have a good article here on custom refresh rates (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4380/discr...shootout/5). Let me know what you think after you have had a chance to watch a movie or two Smile
Glad you liked it Smile
The system is quiet almost no sound is generated one thing I noted is when I used the optical drive it did made alot of sound when spinning up while installing drivers, will try a bluray disc and see how it works.
Thanks for the link regarding refresh rate, I will dig into that and read up.
[trakt.tv]
(2012-10-01, 10:02)paisley Wrote: Thanks ChessKing. I will keep an eye out for stock.

Also I notice that some suppliers (linked from staticice) such as Megaware and EYO seem to only reference the Intel HD4000 integrated GPU and not the HD7850M. Not sure if this is an oversight or not. Perhaps I should check with the distributor that the Australian imports have the Radeon?

paisley I wouldn't worry about it. The VisionX will have the Radeon (as per the other suppliers listings such as SkyComp and the VisionX specs on the Asrock site) otherwise there would be no difference between it and the Vision HT.

Thanks for the info man, Great Pics.. I will try to get my hands on one... Big Grin

Thanks again for the info...

Someone has find this Asrock in European resellers?
I cannot find any sellers with at least one in stock!!!!! Sad
Hey tetzuoshima - did you get HD audio bitstreaming working properly on the VisionX?
Today i received my VisionX 321 as well Smile
My Pioneer SC-LX75 shows DTS-HD MA when playing a Blu-ray movie so i think HD audio bitstreaming works or is there another way to tell if it works?
(2012-10-09, 19:24)th30n3 Wrote: Today i received my VisionX 321 as well Smile
My Pioneer SC-LX75 shows DTS-HD MA when playing a Blu-ray movie so i think HD audio bitstreaming works or is there another way to tell if it works?
Whenever you see DTS-HD/TrueHD display on AVR screen, you're bitstreaming......

(2012-09-27, 10:50)Lucas Rey Wrote: The differences between VisionX and Vision HT Series is only on Graphic card:

VisionX = AMD Radeon™ HD7850M Graphics
Vision HT = Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals

Which is better for FULL HD / BLU RAY FULL ISO 3D movies ?!?

Thanks!

I use the Core HT-100 (i3 - Sandy Bridge) with Intel HD300 built in. Due to limitation of HDMI Version, i was never trying 3D (even i could now with my new TV)
Another "pain" is that DXVA Hardware Accelleration is not properly working with Bitstreaming (and picture is "Pixled" all time) running DXVA HW acc. with the Intel HD3000.

I don't use External Player or DXVA, just switched to Software and everything runs fine with streamed MKV's (incl. DTS-HD etc. with Bitstreaming).
I also plan to switch to a newer model (either VisionX or a self built HTPC in a OriginAE Case)

I'm also wondering, if the Radeon based VGA Chip is capable to do HW Acceleration with DXVA - or do we in future still need to used a External Player?
Thanks for any Feedback on this.

PS: i use the latest Frodo_Alpha6 with AEON Nox 4.0
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
(2012-10-08, 09:36)Lucas Rey Wrote: Thanks again for the info...

Someone has find this Asrock in European resellers?
I cannot find any sellers with at least one in stock!!!!! Sad

Vision HT is on stock here in switzerland - VisionX should be available end of october..
source: https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2....kel=249125
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
(2012-10-10, 17:05)A-Swiss Wrote: Another "pain" is that DXVA Hardware Accelleration is not properly working with Bitstreaming (and picture is "Pixled" all time) running DXVA HW acc. with the Intel HD3000.
For Sandy Bridge, you don't need DXVA to playback smoothly using XBMC. It's strong enough to playback smoothly without it. I don't have any problem bitstreaming DTS-MA using HD2000 without DXVA.....

If you need more info on bitstreaming, you can check out SETUP section of this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock Visionx 321B CI50