[RELEASE] Discovery Channel Plugin [RELEASE]
(2013-02-14, 19:33)_XbmcUser_ Wrote: Nice try! Thanks Smile
But it seems a bit buggy...

The message "Make sure you go to settings..." appears on every start and sometimes the vids wont play on the first attempt.
I think, the navigation is also messed up: After selecting a vid, an empty directoy appears.

Would be also nice to let the user know, that you are using google analytics to track the user behavior...

first of all, its been a month since i learned python, second if you have a better way of telling the user to change their their settings , why dont you teach us. the blank directory is there because mp4 videos loop after you press stop, again if you have a better solution educate dont just criticize. and again keep in mind this is the initial release

(2013-02-14, 19:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:39)mash2k3 Wrote: updated my repo will be in fusion soon

May I ask this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156190

didnt know you can submit plugins to xbmc.
will do, if you have link on how to do it will be nice
yes i could find it in fusion .. which directory and which repo
(2013-02-14, 20:24)mash2k3 Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:39)mash2k3 Wrote: updated my repo will be in fusion soon

May I ask this:

If your addon indeed contains google analytics that a point we are discussing internally now.
If not here's some more information:
Official_add-on_repository (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-14, 19:33)_XbmcUser_ Wrote: Nice try! Thanks Smile
But it seems a bit buggy...

The message "Make sure you go to settings..." appears on every start and sometimes the vids wont play on the first attempt.
I think, the navigation is also messed up: After selecting a vid, an empty directoy appears.

Would be also nice to let the user know, that you are using google analytics to track the user behavior...

first of all, its been a month since i learned python, second if you have a better way of telling the user to change their their settings , why dont you teach us. the blank directory is there because mp4 videos loop after you press stop, again if you have a better solution educate dont just criticize. and again keep in mind this is the initial release
Sorry, I just wanted to give you some feedback about how you can even improve this nice addon in the next version...

For example, you can write a file to the addons userdata directory at the first start (when showing the message). So that you can check if the message has already been shown.
About the blank dir: I just wondered for what this is needed. I dont think it has something to do with the mp4 file format. Im using a lot of addons (also with mp4 format) and never saw such a blank directory!
I also noticed, that not only the selected video/episode is played, instead also other vids/episodes are added to the playlist...
One last small thing: I would change the setting "Device" to "Maximum bitrate" - Because also PCs/Macs can have a slow inet connection!

Just my thoughts to improve this...
How to get it to work on RPi??
great plugin! i like Movie25 as well.. worked on Rpi-openelec 2.99.2
Great plugin... I like Movie25 too... It worked flawlessly!...

Thanks
Too bad... It's not working for me:

08:03:16 T:2460 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named t0mm0.common.addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Jasper\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.discovery\default.py", line 3, in <module>
from t0mm0.common.addon import Addon
ImportError: No module named t0mm0.common.addon
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:03:16 T:4112 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery/
08:03:16 T:4112 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery/) failed
08:03:16 T:964 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:05:33 T:4724 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
08:05:33 T:3768 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:05:34 T:4920 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
08:05:34 T:4920 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:05:34 T:4920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Jasper\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.discovery\default.py", line 3, in <module>
08:05:34 T:4112 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery/
08:05:34 T:4112 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery/) failed
08:05:34 T:3536 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
(2013-02-15, 19:28)djkidy123 Wrote: How to get it to work on RPi??

set device to android box in settings

(2013-02-16, 08:57)jazzperm Wrote: Too bad... It's not working for me:

08:03:16 T:2460 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
08:03:16 T:4112 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery/
08:03:16 T:4112 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery/) failed
08:03:16 T:964 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:05:33 T:4724 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
08:05:33 T:3768 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:05:34 T:4920 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
08:05:34 T:4920 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:05:34 T:4920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
08:05:34 T:4112 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery/
08:05:34 T:4112 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery/) failed
08:05:34 T:3536 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

you are missing the t0mm0 module, thats a dependency that the plugin needs in fact all my plugins. easy fix install icefilms
(2013-02-14, 20:43)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:41)Martijn Wrote: May I ask this:

If your addon indeed contains google analytics that a point we are discussing internally now.
If not here's some more information:
Official_add-on_repository (wiki)

This is an issue I would like further info on too, as I am sure many others would to. Doesnt the use of analytics go against the usual ways of xbmc? Even if its implementation is totally for dev curiousity there is still user information being collected which could be worrying. Im sure devs are using to improve their work or target their work where needed but there will be alot of info in googles hands. Anyway Im sure the mods here are better equipped to judge this than me and am sure whatever is decided will be right for xbmc
Very Nice plugin;
That's what I waas looking for Playing videos continously of different episode
Long time I asked for Youtube plugin if possible (when I subscribe to a (i.e channel) ) can be played different episodes continuos
Wonderin is possible the same as you did for this
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
https://github.com/t0mm0/xbmc-urlresolver

Download the zip and put script.module.t0mm0.common in your addons folder.
Might want to put a better description of what the plugin actually is... as in, that its from an illegal source. Some might thing its streaming from the Discovery site like FreeCable does with other sites.
Find the way to get it work on RPi, just install XBMCHUB reposatory and no mather witch settings are iin Discovery plugin, it works!

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/mikey1234s...v4-2b.html
So why analytics tracking? And what data does it give you?
Just curious...
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Discovery Channel Plugin [RELEASE]0