Linux Gotham stable problem with ati mobility radeon 5000 series
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7403909/

At the moment i'm connected through a vga cable to a monitor but usually I use the mediacenter connected via hdmi to a panasonic 42" tv fullhd
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output LVDS --off
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr --output VGA-0 --mode 0x5f
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
after these commands should I be able to run xbmc?

What was the problem?

Thanks a lot for your effort Smile
This will disable the internal laptop screen and put your VGA out to something higher resolution. No idea as of now. The logs look good - It just does not like the multi monitor.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just tried the above commands...same results: flickering of gotham logo and then it went back to login screen.
No way to start xbmc.

Just tried openelec 4.0 from a usb key: works like a charm.
Nice :-)
XD

Well...I'd prefer to use xbmcbuntu...
If you need some other tests or logs to try to resolve this issue, please ask.
In the meantime I will install openelec on an sd just so I can continue to use the mediacenter, but I will leave the xbmcbuntu installation on the hard drive for testing if you want. I'll be glad to help.
If Im not mistaken the XBMC in OE doesnt have SDL and the XBMCbuntu does, of which SDL makes multimonitor support out of the box a bit of a pita without some tweaking the underlying Linux.
Multi monitor now works fine. I can disable the laptop monitor and set the correct resolution on the external one.

The problem is xbmc that doesn't start.

Maybe the problem is not monitor/gpu related?
OE ships a pimped xbmc version. Which has true X11 support. Furthermore it has all the bugs fixed - we found already in 13.0 :-)
there is any chance that we can sort it out or do you suggest to abandon xbmcbuntu ad use openelec from now on?
xbmcbuntu should work just fine (xbmcbuntu v13 of course). You can visit me in #xbmc-xvba (historical reasons) on freenode and we will see what we can do. Bring your fully installed xbmcbuntu installation with you :-)
Sorry - still at work. GMT+1 I think :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham stable problem with ati mobility radeon 5000 series0