Hardware recommendations
(2015-03-05, 03:39)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 03:15)Jetfire79 Wrote: Oh, and while I was digging on eBay, I found a seller that charges $30.00 to convert Chromebox's to several operating systems. I thought some of you guys might want to dig into that market since you can complete the task on a regular basis.

kinda goes against the spirit of this entire thing, no? If I had wanted to, I could have very well not released any of this (custom firmware, scripts, etc) and just sold pre-configured ChromeBoxes. But I'm a lousy capitalist I guess, since I'm not much for exploiting the labor of others for personal gain.

Completely understandable and I really enjoy the free tech support. This is a very noble community.
(2015-03-05, 04:38)Jetfire79 Wrote: Is there a Flirc addon for OpenElec?
Flirc is programmed via its software on a PC/Mac then its Plug an Play.
You can handily map a full Kodi keyboard to any spare remote control you have lying around.
Very good IR sensitivity with the Flirc receiver.

A cheap bluetooth PS3 remote works well out of the box as well. Its very responsive.
Mapping of its buttons is already integrated into OpenElec.

I have a PS3 remote that I currently use with my game console. I guess I'd have to get a second remote unless I could configure both simultaneously. I'm not sure if that's possible as the PS3 bluetooth remote is paired with my PS3. The second you touch any button on the remote, it turns on the PS3 and is activated. Is there a link that discusses the opportunity to use a single remote for both console and OpenElec?
while some BT devices allow for pairing with multiple hosts, I don't believe the PS3 remote does this, so using it for both isn't going to work
Here we go with another one of my PIA questions.

I was reviewing the pricklytech link this afternoon and ran down the installation list once more.

-When prompted insert a USB Jump Drive to back up the stock firmware
-Remove the stock firmware backup and insert another USB Jump Drive.
-Press 6 to create the OpenELEC install media on the 2nd Jump Drive.

Is there a specific USB stick size that is required? I have a handful of 1GB's laying around but wasn't sure if they're large enough.

Thanks
(2015-03-06, 23:22)Jetfire79 Wrote: Here we go with another one of my PIA questions.

I was reviewing the pricklytech link this afternoon and ran down the installation list once more.

-When prompted insert a USB Jump Drive to back up the stock firmware
-Remove the stock firmware backup and insert another USB Jump Drive.
-Press 6 to create the OpenELEC install media on the 2nd Jump Drive.

Is there a specific USB stick size that is required? I have a handful of 1GB's laying around but wasn't sure if they're large enough.

Thanks

this belongs in the ChromeBox setup script thread, but basically yes. The script will prompt you to insert/remove the USB/SD media at the proper time. 8MB free space on a FAT32-formatted drive is needed for the firmware backup; a 512MB+ stick (which will be wiped/operwritten) for the OpenELEC installer
Excellent, thanks for answering my question. I'd hate to have my Chromebox arrive, run all of the steps, and then find out I don't have a USB media drive with enough space for the backup and OpenELEC installer.
My Asus box arrived last night and I installed OpenElec. Thanks again Matt for the assistance.
Does anybody that buy chromebox + harmony could explain which harmony profile to use ?
Media.center extender ?
Media center.keyboard ?
(2015-03-10, 16:40)Roby77 Wrote: Does anybody that buy chromebox + harmony could explain which harmony profile to use ?
Media.center extender ?
Media center.keyboard ?

I use Extender and it works well!
(2015-03-10, 16:40)Roby77 Wrote: Does anybody that buy chromebox + harmony could explain which harmony profile to use ?
Media.center extender ?
Media center.keyboard ?

RTFW! Smile
Yes i read wiki about ir receiver compatibility ( my hp 5070 is listed as no comp but works on win10)

I will try on chromebox+open elec as soon as it arrives
(2015-03-10, 20:55)Roby77 Wrote: Yes i read wiki about ir receiver compatibility ( my hp 5070 is listed as no comp but works on win10)

I will try on chromebox+open elec as soon as it arrives

sigh. You asked:

Quote:Does anybody that buy chromebox + harmony could explain which harmony profile to use ?
Media.center extender ?
Media center.keyboard ?

and the wiki says:

Quote:Logitech Harmony remotes (programmed as Microsoft Media Center Extender - not as a keyboard - with MCE/eHome receiver; not recommended for use with a Flirc)
Ops My apologize i'm italian Big Grin (we are lazy Big Grin)

Really sorry
(2015-03-10, 21:03)Matt Devo Wrote: and the wiki says:

Quote:Logitech Harmony remotes (programmed as Microsoft Media Center Extender - not as a keyboard - with MCE/eHome receiver; not recommended for use with a Flirc)

I'm curious why this is the case. I use a Harmony remote with a Flirc, with my remote programmed as a Media Center keyboard, and it works great. Using it programmed as a keyboard gives me plenty of extra keys to program

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware recommendations0