dots in file/folder names
I tried

somefolder\foo.bar\somefiles
somefolder\foo.bar.tbn

and also

somefolder\foo.bar\somefiles
somefolder\foo.bar\folder.jpg

it doesn't display thumbs. If I downgrade, no problem. I don't get it...I give up.
with 2.0.0, all thumbs get cached into the xbmcroot\userdata\thumbnails folder. if you have an existing folder, delete it. it could have incorrect thumbs still cached there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've done this....before I cleared the cache the thumbs were displayed correctly in v2.0. After deleting the cache the problem occured...
something that has been forgotten in this thread throughout.. what protocol are you using samba ftp or maybe ccx?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

elupus, I don't stream mp3s, I just transfer them to the xbox harddrive via ftp. So I got all my music stuff organized in folders on its local harddrive. Structure like this:

F:\MP3\bandname\albumname\somemp3s
F:\MP3\bandname.tbn
F:\MP3\bandname\albumname.tbn

If there's a dot in bandname or albumname -> no thumbnail is displayed in my music, file view (they were as long as I started to clear the cache, and they still are displayed if I downgrade xbmc). Strange prob, I know...
the "protocol" shouldnt really matter. previously i only tested an smb paths, but i can quickly test local folders later today.
confirmed... tbn files do not seem to work for hard drive folders with dots in the name... folder.jpg did work however.

** edit **
fixed... the bug couldve hit any folder where there wasnt a trailing slash
So is it fixed in the actual cvs?
yes. it was fixed in cvs a few day ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dots in file/folder names0