Seek Recommendation for Android Black Box
FWIW, the WeTek Core arrived a few days ago.

All I have to compare it with is the ZoomTak 5 that somebody gave me to fool around with, so I am no connoisseur.

That being said... I have to say that this thing is sweet.

To Wit:

- 1080P rendering is a good as I could want

- The built-in air mouse is very handy. I started out using a USB mouse/BlueTooth keyboard, now I get by 95% of the time
with only WeTek's remote.

- Controls, once I figured them out, are intuititive and functional: I can do what I want when I want with minimal effort.

- It's dead quiet

- Only pulls 9-10 watts when idle, 22 when rendering.

My purchase was mainly motivated by the prospect of having a full-screen Chrome browser on my TV.

Now I have discovered plug-ins and the Ted Talks plugin alone makes the device totally worth the price.

Bottom line: 5 stars.... I'd recommend it to anybody.
Some people like Noggin, hate Air Mice. But for casual Web Browsing and minimal text entry its fine. My brain does not hurt too much using it !

The very first thing to do in decrease Air mouse sensitivity in Android settings to make it a bunch easier to navigate about on the TV screen. Its an accurate, responsive little bugger.

I actually really like the dual Short / Long press remote control button functionality programmed into the remote control when using Android Lollipop on the Core. Its very well though out once you gets to grips with it. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seek Recommendation for Android Black Box0