v16 PVR Search broken?
If you do not like the new UI of Kodi Krypton, you can install another skin at any time - for example Confluence - the Jarvis default skin. No reason to step back to Jarvis because of not liking Estuary, really.

Regarding the bug: I fixed it months ago for Krypton. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10723 + https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10632

I thought people able to use a debugger should be able to search on github. ;-)

HTH
Thanks for the hints ksooo.

I'll give it another try with Confluence. Perhaps some of the issues I saw, e.g. Client Specific Menu not working, is ok then. I may also have to install other addon versions. I try to sort that out.

Perfect! Your bugfix seems to be exactly what's needed.

Quote:I thought people able to use a debugger should be able to search on github. ;-)
The search didn't break as needed :-)

I'll work on it. Stay tuned...
I tried LibreELEC 7.90.009 (Kodi 17.0 Beta 6) with Confluence skin.
The client specific menu is working fine. PVR search is working fine.

Other stuff is not influenced by the skin - evidently.
For example Kodi 17.0 Beta 6 handles repeating timers through the new timer rules mechanism. In the current LE 7.90.009 this works with tvheadend but not with VDR. I have read that it'll work with VDR version >= 2.3.1. VDR 2.2.0 seems to be installed. So I have to install the newer version.

After all, with the right tweaks this will be an awesome system - like the ones before. And like the ones before it needs some time and care to tweak it ;-)

Currently I stick to my well-known Kodi 16.1. I'll backport the fixes for the PVR search and let you know...
I built LibreELEC 7.0.2 version with second fix listed by ksooo (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10632). I tested it last night.

It fixed the problem for me. I have a USB hard drive with two partitions and both of them were showing when I tried the PVR search (or EPG search) in the original version. With the fix, the partitions do not show up (that is what the fix should do). The search of PVR works correctly and EPG search works correctly.

I am also sticking to 7.0.2 with Kodi 16.1 since I have a perfect live TV picture. I will also be backporting the fixes for any other things that I want to fix in this version. I tried all of the Kodi 17.0 alpha and beta versions and none of them are as fast as Kodi 16.1 and none of them as smooth and fast live TV playback.
Hi all,

here is the fix from ksooo for LibreELEC 7.0.2. For your convenience as two patch files:
kodi-999.17-PVR-list-remov-media-10632.patch
kodi-999.18-PVR-win-hotplug-10723.patch

9601 is already included in LE 7.0.2 (don't know what it fixes, though)
10632 prevents PVR windows from listing removable media
10723 fixes behaviour of PVR windows when hotplugging USB devices
(For further details follow the links to the pull requests given in this thread above.)

E.g. for WeTek Play in an already checked out build environment:
Code:
copy the two .patch files to packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches
export PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm
./scripts/clean kodi
./scripts/unpack kodi
make image

@pajtaz: Two minds but a single thought ;-)

Ciao
Zweikeks
Zweikeks, since I am not getting any replies on a thread I posted, maybe you or others in this thread will help.

When I search the EPG, if I tick "Include description" and then click "Search", the search results do not actually search the descriptions. For example, I searched for "NFL" and only one program is found that has "NFL" in the title. However I know there was at least one other program with "NFL" in the description. This program did not come in search results.

I tested this with both the latest Kodi 17 rc3 for Windows and with Kodi 16.1 on my Cubox. Neither search seems to search the description of the programs. Is this a known bug or is it actually supposed to work?
It's a bug, and not the only one in the epg search component. Especially, there are items in the search dialog which simply have no implementation logic in the search component. Description is one example, ignore shows already recorded is another.
Thanks, ksooo.

At least I know now. Nobody was responding to my other post. Maybe it's time for me to start learning Kodi source code so I can implement this. Sounds like a challenge!
Hello,

I just wanted to update everyone that I managed to update the code to implement "Search in Description". Basically, the functionality was there but the code simply did not take into account the checkbox being ticked and it did not include the search in description when being executed.

ksooo implemented the fix (among other improvements) in this pull: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11570

However, for the version of LibreELEC 7.0.2 that I was running, there were too many changes in that pull that I either didn't need or I could not fully backport. So I managed to only backport the "Search in Description". I will post the patch for this fix when I get home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Search broken?0