v17 Crash when (re)generating thumbs in Pictures
Also verify that you can watch the pics, e.g.:

Quote:14:24:34 T:12024 DEBUG: Caching image 'smb://192.168.1.10/photo/Italië2016-Umbrië/Allard/WP_20160802_12_33_34_Rich.jpg' to '1/1e631175.jpg':
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was still testing on the second PC and when that failed I decided to start from scratch on that machine, using your testbuild of Kodi, just to make sure there wasn't some kind of mistake on my end.

On the first PC it all seems to work fine. Kodi doesn't crash when generating thumbnails or when watching the pics.
On the other PC (Intel NUC, Windows 10) it still crashed. Your Kodi testbuild has been installed there without any addons and with default settings. I only added a source to get to the pictures folder.
There, Kodi still crashes while generating thumnails. The log file is: Kodi regerating thumbs #3

I see several out of memory errors now, and a number of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors.
That last error is especially weird but I was using Remote Desktop to access the machine at the time which might have caused that specific error.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
This is not a debug log (wiki). I guess the problem is that something else which is more critical tries to allocate memory too. I'll try to investigate the issue further. If I remember correctly there are 5 workers running in parallel, each having approx. 120 mb ram allocated. That's 600 mb which shouldn't be a problem imo.
When starting with a fresh install I must have left out the loglevel entry. Here is one with the loglevel enabled. It was too large for pastebin so I uploaded it to paste.ubuntu.com:
Kodi log
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Quote:09:21:07 T:5340 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources - (Re)Create window size (800x450) dependent resources.
09:21:07 T:5340 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources - Creating swapchain in Mono mode.
09:21:07 T:5340 DEBUG: CWinSystemWin32::OnDisplayReset - notify display reset event
09:21:07 T:5340 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX:TongueresentRenderImpl - device removed
09:21:07 T:5340 ERROR: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Do you have driver issues?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Not that I know of. The system (Intel NUC) has been stable sofar without blue screens or other crashes. Eventlog also seems in order, as does device manager.
I have been running Kodi Jarvis on this specific configuration for over a year. When I have Kodi Jarvis regenerate thumbnails on that same folder it seems to work fine, without crashes.

I am at work at the moment so I can only test the device remotely via Remote Desktop. The DXGI error might be related to that. When I am off work tonight I will upload another debug log without Remote Desktop.
I've manage to get a few other logs, hope these clarify things a bit more.

First I had Kodi to regenerate thumbs while leaving it completely alone and let it do its job without moving around or pressing any buttons. That time it didn't crash at all.
That log file is here

After that I did the exact opposite and browse through the pictures while generating thumbnails, forcing it to load the thumbs that were still black at the time. While I was doing that, Kodi was running fullscreen. Suddenly the numbers in the debug info froze, indicating that Kodi might have frozen also. I switched to windowed mode, which caused Kodi to start responding again but after that the Kodi interface was shown in black, with white text:

First pic is right after windowed mode, second is when I had moved around so select another picture, third is after going back to the home screen.
Image ImageImage

Only the Kodi window was black, the Windows desktop and taskbar were as they should be.

Kodi seemed to keep running like this without crashing so I went to fullscreen mode again and started to browse through the pictures again until the debug info started to freeze again. Then switched to windowed mode to get it running. I did that a few times until I decided NOT to switch back to windowed mode when the debug info would freeze. It stayed frozen that way a number of seconds until I got a pop up from Windows that Kodi had crashed.
That logfile is here (big one)

For testing I used the Estuary skin but when I first noticed the problem I was using the Titan skin. To rule out that thát was the problem I decided to stick to defaults as much as possible.

It seems that if I let Kodi generate its thumbnails and leave Kodi to work on it for ~15 minutes, it is OK. I seem to also be able to browse pictures when it is NOT generating thumbnails. However, it hates to be doing other things while it is generating thumbnails.

I also tested this in Jarvis but I could not replicate the issue there.
I asked our windows dxva dev to have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when (re)generating thumbs in Pictures0