v17 Cannot Update From 16.1 -> 17.0
As you can (clearly) see, I already sorted it. But about the other question: Do you think a a modified 16.1 was what caused Arm 32bit to not install either when I first tried?

BTW, is there a spot on this site where I can grab an old (unmodified) copy of Jarvis 16? I'd like to wipe my other box, install 16 with my backup folders, and see if I can install over top of it, as it was a no-go with the 16.1 (modified, I guess).
Go to the download page (link at the top of the page) then scroll down to older releases (near the bottom) and select your appropriate OS and version. You'll need to side load it for the android case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm glad I read this. Mine is probably also modified. I've a Akaso Q-Box that runs on Android 5.1.1, but the Playstore says Kodi 17 is not compatible with my device. Can I somewhere see if it's modified. In the Kodi folder System I can only find: "Kodi 16.1, Git: unknown, compiled Jun 21 2016". Since my Box is new, I assume the fastest resolution is to uninstall Kodi 16.1 and than go back to Playstore?
(2017-02-05, 16:27)Fernand Wrote: I'm glad I read this. Mine is probably also modified. I've a Akaso Q-Box that runs on Android 5.1.1, but the Playstore says Kodi 17 is not compatible with my device. Can I somewhere see if it's modified. In the Kodi folder System I can only find: "Kodi 16.1, Git: unknown, compiled Jun 21 2016". Since my Box is new, I assume the fastest resolution is to uninstall Kodi 16.1 and than go back to Playstore?

That worked for me, Fernand.

If you want to save your settings/addons, purge your thumbnails, and copy these folders to another dir, then copy them into your new Kodi download, overwriting the folders that are there: Addons, Media, Userdata.
(2017-02-05, 16:26)DarrenHill Wrote: Go to the download page (link at the top of the page) then scroll down to older releases (near the bottom) and select your appropriate OS and version. You'll need to side load it for the android case.

Hey, Darren. Thanks.
Well, it didn't work for me. I removed everything, cache, data and the Kodi app. If I go directly to the Playstore Kodi is not there. If I use a Webbrowser and use the link on the Kodi site to the Playstore I get device is incompatible. I do not completely understand this since the system runs on android 5.1.1. Next step will be trying to install it from a flashdisk. This Q-Box has a Aarch64 and for Video Mali-450 MP. The first suggesting it's 64 bits. Apparently not. During installation the Arm64 crashed, but I got the Krypton nightly ARMv7a 32 bit installed. A quick test show that it can run a movie on my private network, however it seems that the video quality is less, more speckles and artifacts, compared with the Kodi 16.1 that was installed. Maybe settings. Don't have the time investigating this right now
Strangely enough when I tried the identical thing on an identical box, with identical backups I kept getting booted out of kodi back to the main android screen, or it would just go black and hang. Now, that's some odd stuff.

I have SPMC on that box as well, so I'm just going to leave will enough alone and deal with that. Weirdness.
Don't know if your Box is completely identical. For the record mine is an Akaso Q-Box 4K UHD 3D 2GB SDRAM + 16GB eMMC, Amlogic S905 Quad Core Android 5.1. Since it was brand new and hardly used I did not bother to make a back-up. Maybe this conflicts. Furthermore I'm not completely convinced that if you uninstall an app that some traces might still be there. So, before uninstalling I always flush the cache and clear the data before uninstalling.
Thanks, Fernand. Did that. My second box is backed up from my living room box, so yeah, about as identical as can be. Anyhoo, I gave up and just went straight SPMC. Thanks though.
Same with me. I just got nexbox 912 and it has 16. I went into playstore to upgrade to 17 and it only gives me options to open or uninstall. I'm very new to this and scared if I uninstall it I won't be able to get it back installed. What should I do ?
I can't upgrade either but my situation is slightly different. I did part 1 of it just fine but couldn't download the exe file because I could not "get" es explore due to billing info. I'm new to this stuff and I got my firestick from someone else. I think his information is still in there but his payment info isn't which is blocking the es explore download. I'm fine with removing his info and adding mine but dont know how. Not sure how to get around this part?
Hi my problem is I can't update from Kodi 16.1 to 17.0 let alone 17.1. I've gone thru my google play and it shows no update. I've gone thru app installer as well on my android box , version 5.1.1 and when I go to install it tell me app not installed. What am I doing wrong. So frustrated. I spend my time trying to figure this out but can't. I need help Sad( For me just going to the App Store just doesn't work. Oh and for some odd reason it updated my other android box to 17.0 without me doing anything. Grrrr
I have the same problem. Very frustrating!!!! Shows no update won't manual update after download any pack nothing. Can't uninstall it says on the app that it was downloaded from another place. Have the memory version 6.0 just can't figure out why. Any help would appreciate it
https://astrotvboxes.ca/update-to-kodi-1...droid-box/

This helped me get my kodi updated.
(2017-02-04, 21:17)Wanderlust Wrote: Right, what worked for me:

I backed-up all my settings and pref's, saved them out, and wiped 16.1 from the box. Back to the app store and there was the inviting 'install' button, so I did just that. Installed without a hitch, let it run once, backed out, slapped my backed-up folders in and everything is grand. Happy lad. Y'all have a good Saturday.

Did you have a rooted box Gen 1 with android lower than 5.1?

Right now the only apk that will even install is 16.1 or spmc 16.42

Not getting any sports now, assuming that because no https function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Update From 16.1 -> 17.00