Android Kodi 18.5 and Amazon Fire Stick 4K
(2019-12-09, 21:41)fritsch Wrote: You could cut out a 10 minute sample from the original file and copy it to the local sd / storage.

Good idea, do you have any advice on how to do it without re-encoding?
I tried VideoReDo TVSuite V6 but it doesn't support HDR10
There is a way with ffmpeg, but "dd" is fine enough

dd if=youroldvideo.mkv of=newcutout.mkv bs=1M count=1024

will just extract the first 1 GB, count=512 will give half GB and so on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-09, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: There is a way with ffmpeg, but "dd" is fine enough

dd if=youroldvideo.mkv of=newcutout.mkv bs=1M count=1024

will just extract the first 1 GB, count=512 will give half GB and so on.
I don't know if I can, but I think yes since this is only a sample and not the whole movie.
However let me know and I'll delete it. Here is the 1Gb sample from dd output, could you please try to play in your system?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HlDMpLR...sp=sharing
You can remove it. I played the file twice. Once with DTS-Core passthrough (from the dts-hd-ma track) and ones with Passthrough disabled and kodi set to stereo output.

Both tests work perfectly fine.

My Setup:
Firetv -> AC-Wireless -> Fritz 1750E -> Cable GBit/s -> Fritz 7590 -> Cable GBit/s -> Fritz 7530 -> Cable GBit/s -> Ubuntu 18.04.3 Server -> NFS

I currently use this kodi version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Btw. next time warn me ;-) if it's a horror movie - have very small children here at home Tongue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-10, 13:43)fritsch Wrote: You can remove it. I played the file twice. Once with DTS-Core passthrough (from the dts-hd-ma track) and ones with Passthrough disabled and kodi set to stereo output.

Both tests work perfectly fine.

My Setup:
Firetv -> AC-Wireless -> Fritz 1750E -> Cable GBit/s -> Fritz 7590 -> Cable GBit/s -> Ubuntu 18.04.3 Server -> NFS

I currently use this kodi version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
DAMN! Which wireless do you use? 2,4 or 5Ghz? Anyway, thank you for sharing the link with kodi you currently use, I'll try to upgrade the version I currently installed or, if I fail, I'll install it from scratch. Just curious, have you ever tried to transfer file like I did yesterday? Which is, in case, the speed you reach?
Quote:Btw. next time warn me ;-) if it's a horror movie - have very small children here at home Tongue
ahahah! Sorry! Laugh
Transfer Speed for the file you uploaded: 22 MB /s (MegaByte)  a 100 Mbit/s network can theoretically achieve: 100 / 8 = 12.5 MB/s - so I'd expect you get something like ~ 9 to 10 MB/s - therefore I highly wonder why you only got 21 Mbit (!) - cause 21 MB are too much for a 100 MBit/s therefore I cannot interpret your value differently.

Btw. are you sure you added a "remote source" in this mediamanager? And not just copied from "Stick" to "Stick"? - the number you named sounds like the R/W speed of the FireTV's storage.

So if you test your speed:

left side, go to Profile Directory
right side, Add source, the source where your file is stored on the NAS
Now click on the file (right hand side), with the context menu button and choose copy. This will copy it from NAS source to your profile directory. Remember to delete it afterwards.

Edit: Wireless AC is 5 GHz.
yes, I already edited my post, real transfer speed between my NAS and Fire Stick is 6/7 Mb/sec.
I'll try to connect the Fire Stick to my 5 Ghz WiFi and do the same transfer.
(2019-12-10, 16:26)Lucas Rey Wrote: yes, I already edited my post, real transfer speed between my NAS and Fire Stick is 6/7 Mb/sec.
I'll try to connect the Fire Stick to my 5 Ghz WiFi and do the same transfer.

Take care of the "small" b, a small b is for bit, while a B is for Byte :-)

So - I hope you have 7 Megabyte (MB) per second ...

which is - in sum not enough for that file :-) 7*8 == 56 Mbit
I don't know if Firestick can do 5GHZ. Xiaomi Mi S 4K was freezing too until i bought TP-LINK Archer 60 which can do 5GHZ. All problems gone.
H96 Pro+
Xiaomi Mi S 4K
Firetv Stick 4K can do 5 GHz just fine and even achieves 780 Mbit/s connection. The "optimized 5 GHz" antenna was one of the killing features of this device. The FireTV 4K is btw. also the first device that supports DFS, means you can use channels > 100.

@myfranco Do you own this Xiami Mi S 4K? If yes, could you post me a kodi Debug Log, best somwhere in HW forum.
(2019-12-11, 10:32)fritsch Wrote: Firetv Stick 4K can do 5 GHz just fine and even achieves 780 Mbit/s connection. The "optimized 5 GHz" antenna was one of the killing features of this device. The FireTV 4K is btw. also the first device that supports DFS, means you can use channels > 100.

@myfranco Do you own this Xiami Mi S 4K? If yes, could you post me a kodi Debug Log, best somwhere in HW forum.

Do you mean kodi.log in temp folder? Where do you want me to send it?
H96 Pro+
Xiaomi Mi S 4K
(2019-12-13, 05:11)myfranco Wrote:
(2019-12-11, 10:32)fritsch Wrote: Firetv Stick 4K can do 5 GHz just fine and even achieves 780 Mbit/s connection. The "optimized 5 GHz" antenna was one of the killing features of this device. The FireTV 4K is btw. also the first device that supports DFS, means you can use channels > 100.

Just turn on debugging, restart kodi and post me the log.

I can see then if the FW is flawed or nice standard :-) - no hurry.
(2019-12-13, 12:50)fritsch Wrote:
(2019-12-13, 05:11)myfranco Wrote:

Just turn on debugging, restart kodi and post me the log.

I can see then if the FW is flawed or nice standard :-) - no hurry. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/yoxikayaze.kodi

I guess this is the way you want.
H96 Pro+
Xiaomi Mi S 4K
@myfranco - you've got active banned addons (wiki) and repos installed on that device, plus the residue zombie scripts of others still running there.

I would suggest a clean-up before this goes any further or else everyone is potentially wasting their time...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.5 and Amazon Fire Stick 4K0