Library is "losing" episodes.
(2022-10-17, 04:56)rossc719 Wrote: About getting new logs.. 

You already mentioned it: NEW logs. Editing or 'cleaning up' old logs is not the way, as portions of 3rd party / piracy add-ons have been known to interfere with Kodi core functionality. The cleaner the result, the better.

So keep debugging enabled, restart Kodi for a fresh log, reproduce the problem(s), and pastebin the new log file.
Hmm.. I was definitely not suggesting cleaning up old logs.. in fact I said "I've deleted the old logs for now, and will try to get new ones."

My primary question only was whether I should leave my existing "0/0" folders as is, or fix them (and if I should fix them, in which way), before gathering fresh brand new logs.
I'm guessing that it does not really matter... but I really want to get to the bottom of this issue, and if there is anything I can do to make it more likely to be debuggable, I am eager to do it.
Hi again.

Since my last update, this issue has not recurred for me.
The only change that I made was to change some settings for the nvidia shield which runs kodi.
Specifically, I changed it so that it never powers off when idle.
Prior to this, it would go into a suspend state when the TV turns off, or if it times out.
This is terrible for power saving and such, but it does seem to work.

My guess is that Kodi would have issues if it was in the middle of updating the library when this happened.
When it was later turned back on, it would continue the update, but the smb share would have long since timed out and disconnected.

I am not sure if this is something that Kodi would be interested in fixing or not.

On the one hand, I think devices like the shield default to suspending when idle, so it seems like Kodi should handle it.
On the other hand, it has a workaround, and other people probably update their library less often and more deliberately than I do.
(I have tools that trigger updates programmatically)
I’m guessing you don’t close Kodi down via the power menu and just exit it using the Shield home button? Just going to home leaves the app running in the background at the discretion of the Android OS.

I suspect shutting down Kodi correctly it would complete the library update before doing so if it was already running and if not then Kodi would be completely shut down and would not get interrupted by the Shield going into standby.

I always shut Kodi down via the power menu, it’s a good habit to get into, we are just not used to doing so in the age of iOS and Android devices.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
TBH, I don't even do that.  I just turn off the TV.
I believe that the CEC stuff then turned off the shield as a result.
Now that the CEC stuff is disabled, the shield just stays on, and things seem to be happy.
I don't really like this solution... but it is a solution, and I'll take it.
(2022-12-07, 19:56)rossc719 Wrote: TBH, I don't even do that.  I just turn off the TV.
I believe that the CEC stuff then turned off the shield as a result.
Now that the CEC stuff is disabled, the shield just stays on, and things seem to be happy.
I don't really like this solution... but it is a solution, and I'll take it.

Well there is your answer. Kodi likes being cleanly terminated and you now have the tools to solve both your library problem and still be able to put the Shield into standby. Only you can decide if this is too much effort for you Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library is "losing" episodes.0