Unable to share my Kodi Library with 3 devices using Synology NAS (MariaDB 10)
Dohhh, still no joy !

I have carried out the following:
  1. Removed / uninstalled Kodi from my Nvidia Shield box
  2. Rebooted Nvidia Shield box
  3. Installed kodi-20.5-Nexus-arm64-v8a.apk
  4. Started Kodi and downloaded Aeon Nox Silvo
  5. Activated the relevant logging
  6. Shut down Kodi
  7. Copied advancedsettings.xml from my Windows laptop into \Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata
  8. Restarted Kodi
  9. I can see the playlists, but when I try to open any of the movies I see the message “This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library”
Here is the latest log file from my Nvidia Shield Pro Log File
You must define the sources (before turning on the remote db settings) and the paths have to look the same for all devices.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Video 
(2024-04-08, 16:45)CrystalP Wrote: You must define the sources (before turning on the remote db settings) and the paths have to look the same for all devices.

Sorry for sounding like a complete numpty.

But I am having such difficulty with this and it is so very frustrating. Over the last 2 days I tried everything and even decided to forget the laptop and just get the 2 Android boxes sharing - but no joy with this either !! (after backing them up I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch - but still no joy)

Short of paying someone to help me (which I am happy to do), I am at the end of my tether.

I guess that I will have to succumb to the ongoing pain of manually updating the library on each device separately and not being able to stop watching on one device and continue from where I left off on another one. No

Any more guidance will be extremely welcome.
From looking at your debug log:
Code:
SQL: [MyMusic82] The table does not exist

suggests something went wrong when you first created the music library.  Do you have errors like this on the Kodi client that first created the music library?

then
Code:
SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://DS1621PLUS/Downloads/Music%20Concerts/ACDC%20Live%20at%20Donington%201991/AC-DC%20Live%20at%20Donington.mkv' unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

looks like your NAS control panel needs to set read/write permissions for the shield user.

scott s.
SUCCESS !!!! Blush

It has taken me over a week, but by patiently spending my evening hours (and creating some new expletives), I now have all 3 devices sharing the library on my NAS.

As painful as it was, I now have 3 very clean devices updated to Kodi 21 Omega.

Many thanks to you all for your support.
Good to hear.  Any tips to share with other users?

scott s.
Would there be any objection if I provided, a pretty long and comprehensive, step by step guide on how I configured all of the devices?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to share my Kodi Library with 3 devices using Synology NAS (MariaDB 10)0