• 2(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?
jmarshall Wrote:playercorefactory.xml is in system, as I said above Wink

I know what you said but my system folder is empty.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
installing svn 21399 and testing will let you know
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok here it is, It sounds great but.. after you play a DTS track it stays in DTS and if you select a regular mp3 track it cant be heard even if you select it and try to play it with paplayer.
http://reaven.pastebin.com/m4d5c936

weird when is playing in DTS it display 2 channels, lol

yep sure no playercorefactory.xml, i found this in the log
Code:
23:50:25 T:2693707552 M:2575749120  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
23:50:25 T:2693707552 M:2575769600  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
23:50:25 T:2693707552 M:2575769600  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
23:50:25 T:2693707552 M:2575769600  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.

if someone can facilitate me the playercorefactory.xml I will be grateful.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
As the log points out, it's loading it from system (special://xbmc/system). This system/ is distributed with XBMC, i.e. you'll find it within the app bundle.

The "2 channels" thing is possibly due to XBMC passing it through (i.e. to XBMC it just looks like 2 channel PCM). I presume you get multi-channel output?

I believe the "once you've pass through'd you can't play non-passthrough'd" is a known problem with the way coreaudio "hog mode" works. Will mail phi for his information.

It would be extremely helpful if you were to post a snippet of a file for him to test with (or find a free one online that you can also reproduce with).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:As the log points out, it's loading it from system (special://xbmc/system). This system/ is distributed with XBMC, i.e. you'll find it within the app bundle.

The "2 channels" thing is possibly due to XBMC passing it through (i.e. to XBMC it just looks like 2 channel PCM). I presume you get multi-channel output?

I believe the "once you've pass through'd you can't play non-passthrough'd" is a known problem with the way coreaudio "hog mode" works. Will mail phi for his information.

It would be extremely helpful if you were to post a snippet of a file for him to test with (or find a free one online that you can also reproduce with).

Cheers,
Jonathan

yeah and as the log pints out
Quote:special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
I will just then download a copy of XBMC and get the file.
Quote:The "2 channels" thing is possibly due to XBMC passing it through (i.e. to XBMC it just looks like 2 channel PCM). I presume you get multi-channel output?
yes, I get DTS audio I was just point it out !

Quote:I believe the "once you've pass through'd you can't play non-passthrough'd" is a known problem with the way coreaudio "hog mode" works. Will mail phi for his information.
I will wait then, meanwhile what i can do ? I have to reboot XBMC everytime I play a DTS track and want to play an mp3 track after?

Quote:It would be extremely helpful if you were to post a snippet of a file for him to test with (or find a free one online that you can also reproduce with).

what you mean ?
a sample DTS track to test, to phi2039?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
If you want to waste time, feel free to checkout the full sources. Alternatively, you can just grab it directly off trac or sourceforge easily enough just by browsing to branches/linuxport/XBMC/system.

But as I continually point out: It's located in the system/ folder inside the XBMC.app bundle.

And yes, a sample 44.1kHz DTS file to send to phi so that he has access to suitable media would be useful.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Quote:Alternatively, you can just grab it directly off trac or sourceforge easily enough just by browsing to branches/linuxport/XBMC/system.
That's just what I need, I couldn't remember where I saw those files and was in sourceforge, thanks.

now. How I do this ?

Code:
<rule filetypes="(dts|wav)"  player="DVDPlayer" />

another thing since is not possible to view those albums in the library its possible to make a playlist per DTS album and then the playlist can be visible in the library ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
As I said earlier, use a .cue sheet.

I don't believe the xml file has been documented as yet - take a search through the wiki to check.

If not, then have a play and let us know what you do to get it working - that can then be used as a base for the documentation.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:As I said earlier, use a .cue sheet.

I don't believe the xml file has been documented as yet - take a search through the wiki to check.

If not, then have a play and let us know what you do to get it working - that can then be used as a base for the documentation.

Cheers,
Jonathan

ok then.

the cue sheet can be seen in the library ?

I found if I play a DTS track and then select an mp3 track after it can be heard if I disconnect the SPDIF cable and connect it back again.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok this is working great
Code:
<rule filetypes="(dts|wav)"  player="DVDPlayer" />

the .cue sheet not !
Code:
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Welcome to the jungle"
PERFORMER "Guns N' Roses"
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Sweet Child O'mine"
PERFORMER "Guns N' Roses"
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Generate a correct .CUE sheet and it'll work just fine.

For a start, that one's missing the FILE line, in addition to the INDEX lines.

Your best bet is to download a known working one and modify that.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Generate a correct .CUE sheet and it'll work just fine.

For a start, that one's missing the FILE line, in addition to the INDEX lines.

Your best bet is to download a known working one and modify that.

Cheers,
Jonathan

thanks I found a wiki page of cue sheets and have an example of one with multiple tracks... thanks God I only have 4 DTS albums !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok everything its working so far, editing those .cue files is a pain....

only thing missing is the fix to be able to play an mp3 after a DTS file.. I send a file to phil so he can test

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I'm on vacation away from my mac for the week. I'll have a look at all this when I get back.

Quote:I'm on vacation away from my mac for the week. I'll have a look at all this when I get back.

Thank you very much...

Just in case, sample DTS track
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?0