[RELEASE] Pandora Alaska Mod (Script) Addon
Just tossing this out there for people having problems with the "failed to log in" message. I noticed when typing in the password into the settings screen it would introduce random characters as it was trying to replace the characters I typed into asterisks to hide the password. Every time I tried to run the plug in it just kept failing.

Eventually fixed it by just using the on screen virtual keyboard to type the password in instead of using my actual keyboard. No random characters and was then able to use the plugin with no further issues.

This may or may not relate to your specific problem, but it had me scratching my head for a good long while till I tried that and it worked.

Good luck
Ludeboy12 Wrote:Damn. For the life of me I cannot get this to add to my main screen. Pretty sure I'm following the instructions to the T.

If you followed HTPC_GUY's instructions on post #6 then Pandora will appear when you go to the APPS menu and hit DOWN ARROW a couple times to cycle through the sub menus. It doesn't get it's own Home Screen section if that's what you were going for, just added to the APPS sub menu is all.

"Once it is installed you can access it through the apps button in Alaska Revisited.

Adding to the home screen as a sub menu:
add script.xbmc.panora.AlaskaMod as a favorite
Go to the skin settings menu
go to Sub Menus and click "Apps (Click to open/close)"
Enable Custom Button 1
Select Script - choose Pandora [Alaska Mod]
Choose Edit Image and select the icon.png file located at the root of the script.xbmc.pandora AlaskaMod folder"
Rygrath Wrote:Just tossing this out there for people having problems with the "failed to log in" message. I noticed when typing in the password into the settings screen it would introduce random characters as it was trying to replace the characters I typed into asterisks to hide the password. Every time I tried to run the plug in it just kept failing.

Eventually fixed it by just using the on screen virtual keyboard to type the password in instead of using my actual keyboard. No random characters and was then able to use the plugin with no further issues.

This may or may not relate to your specific problem, but it had me scratching my head for a good long while till I tried that and it worked.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip on this.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I have made another revision and now I am extremely happy with it. Check out the first post for changelog, download link, download instructions etc...
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
Thanks. V3 is absolutely perfect.
Ludeboy12 Wrote:Thanks. V3 is absolutely perfect.

Thanks.
How to use Git
I cannot for the life of me get this working.

Tried manual install
Tried Install through XBMC

Tried running under Confluence
Tried running under Alaska
Tried Running under Alaska Revisited

Nothing seems to be working I keep getting a script error whenever I click on the add-on. Not only that - but I can't get it added to the home screen either. I am fairly certain I am following all the directions exactly - not confused by anything, so I don't think that is the problem.

Help?
SX0T Wrote:I cannot for the life of me get this working.

Tried manual install
Tried Install through XBMC

Tried running under Confluence
Tried running under Alaska
Tried Running under Alaska Revisited

Nothing seems to be working I keep getting a script error whenever I click on the add-on. Not only that - but I can't get it added to the home screen either. I am fairly certain I am following all the directions exactly - not confused by anything, so I don't think that is the problem.

Help?

This should be fixed now. Re-Download from the link on the first page and try again.
How to use Git
Works great now, thanks a ton!
thank you sooo freaking much!!! LOVE IT! installed perfectly through .zip method

Big Grin

just wish i could keep it playing when exiting out of the pandora window and scroll through other menus
r3skyline Wrote:thank you sooo freaking much!!! LOVE IT! installed perfectly through .zip method

Big Grin

just wish i could keep it playing when exiting out of the pandora window and scroll through other menus

Sadly this is a limitation of the plugin and XBMC. Once the plugin is closed and you navigate the menus the plugin can no longer function.
How to use Git
Awesome work! Thank you. I love the app and love the theme. 1 issue I'm having is the new Alaska theme is showing up under my Programs icon instead of my Music icon. Any ideas what I did wrong?
It shows up that way for me too. Not sure why. The cool thing is that you just have to add it as a favorite and now you can give it its own home screen button in Alaska Revisited (it doesn't have to be a sub menu anymore).
How to use Git
htpc guy Wrote:It shows up that way for me too. Not sure why. The cool thing is that you just have to add it as a favorite and now you can give it its own home screen button in Alaska Revisited (it doesn't have to be a sub menu anymore).

Sounds like i need to go get the Alaska theme for XBMC then!Big Grin
Please help.
I followed all the directions. I have the latest version of PC XBMC 10.1
Installed the Pandora Alaska Mod but it keeps saying," Failure to authenticate listener. Check username/password and try again" I have a purchased Pandora account. I tried using the on screen keyboard but that didn't help. Thanks for any reply's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Pandora Alaska Mod (Script) Addon0