[ATV2] Video_TS Only Works In File Mode
i think in library mode it trys to feed the ifo file to libdvdnav ... and this is broken at the moment ... i think its best to wait for the source code getting merged to trunk for this issue ... or correct me davilla?

when i got it right ... what works is playing the vob files in file mode ... not the ifo right?
Memphiz Wrote:i think in library mode it trys to feed the ifo file to libdvdnav ... and this is broken at the moment ... i think its best to wait for the source code getting merged to trunk for this issue ... or correct me davilla?

when i got it right ... what works is playing the vob files in file mode ... not the ifo right?

nope, the ifo works perfectly fine in file mode Smile
I'm noticing the following behavior with playing video_ts/ifo files on 10.0.7(latest). I'm trying to do this in two modes:

1. Streaming off an SMB share from win7/xp

2. Copying it to ATV2 and playing it from local source

Playing video_ts works in both cases. However menu/chapters work only when I played from local source. Also it can play ifo from local source.

In case of network streaming(for the same movie/folder structure), it picks up vob files and plays one after another. So there are no menus/chapters. It can't play ifo files. Even this behavior works only for some movies. But for others movies, it will try to play and come back to file list or crash.
Wink 
Sometimes works Video_TS Only in File Mode Blush
Same problem here, DVD playback from library mode doesn't work. Same DVD playback from file mode does work fine!
.MKV files work flawlessly
Ronny! Wrote:Same problem here, DVD playback from library mode doesn't work. Same DVD playback from file mode does work fine!
.MKV files work flawlessly

Yes, thats what I get also.

MKV and avi work in either mode.
Video_TS only in file mode.
milli Wrote:Playing video_ts works in both cases. However menu/chapters work only when I played from local source. Also it can play ifo from local source.

Because it was the first time I read something like this and couldn't believe it, I tested it, too. And ... I can confirm it. VIDEO_TS with menus are working very perfectly from local source. Shocked
newsilentsilver Wrote:Because it was the first time I read something like this and couldn't believe it, I tested it, too. And ... I can confirm it. VIDEO_TS with menus are working very perfectly from local source. Shocked

Wondering why it would only work with local source but not over networkHuh Hope it gets fixed soon.
This is the most interesting thing I have heard all day!

I've been using RipIt, and have been getting ready to take the next step of extracting to full VOB with DVDRemaster Pro, but I'd love to just have full discs and full menus. Right now, I feel like full VOB files will give me the best options with proper language, forced subtitles, and full audio choices. I'm not quite ready to send everything thru Handbrake until I get a faster system.

Thanks to all the XBMC developers for what we have right now! I look forward to matching features with the Mac version, having the only limits be the processing power of the ATV2 (so no 18GB HD-DVDs).

Cheers,

jason
milli Wrote:I'm noticing the following behavior with playing video_ts/ifo files on 10.0.7(latest). I'm trying to do this in two modes:

1. Streaming off an SMB share from win7/xp

2. Copying it to ATV2 and playing it from local source

Playing video_ts works in both cases. However menu/chapters work only when I played from local source. Also it can play ifo from local source.

In case of network streaming(for the same movie/folder structure), it picks up vob files and plays one after another. So there are no menus/chapters. It can't play ifo files. Even this behavior works only for some movies. But for others movies, it will try to play and come back to file list or crash.

Update on playing local video_ts:

Just noticed if the file list order is not by name, it doesn't work properly. I had to change it to list by size to play vob files from network and when I switched to local video_ts, it didn't work.

Scratching my head why it was working before and not now but finally figured it out. Thought it might help someone.
milli Wrote:Update on playing local video_ts:

With the unofficial semi-nightly build video_ts over network is working now. Smile
newsilentsilver Wrote:With the unofficial semi-nightly build video_ts over network is working now. Smile

That's great. I will give it a try.
milli Wrote:That's great. I will give it a try.

Yes it works including iso files. But I have issues with audio stuttering both from local and network. The sames videos(with same settings) worked on the stable release with no issues. I had to disable "de-interlace" to avoid audio stuttering in the nightly build.
Excuse my stupidity if I'm wrong here ..... but does this mean that the issue of playing video_ts directories with menus is/will soon be fixed on the apple tv??

I got an apple tv yesterday to play my dvd collection which is over 200 DVDs which I ripped to a drive and shared using samba, and none of them play on apple tv Sad (but play fine on a linux box running xbmc) ... I have written a script to convert each to a mkv, but my computer only manages to convert about 6 per day, and that's if I don't use my computer..... so would really like to be able to play the ripped content.

I have done the usual "apt-get update" "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbcm-atv2", but it says I'm running the latest version .... is there an update due soon, or a version I can manually install .... or am I best just converting each dvd??

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Video_TS Only Works In File Mode0