• 20(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Thank you Smile

Maybe I know what's happening. With XBMC 12 (frodo) there are some changes on how the thumbnails cache are treated, so the remote app checking the XBMC version does different stuff for eden or for frodo. But maybe alpha1 is a bit old, so while there is yet the old thumbnail cache system in XBMC, the remote app is trying to use the new system. Updating xbmc frodo alpha1 (if applicable) to one more recent version should solve your issue.
I'm using a recently nightly on my dev PC and I get posters just fine.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, if I go to an earlier version I lose HD audio. If I go to a latter version, I lose DanielaE’s excellent HD-Audio and get, in my opinion, the less stable, AudioEngine HD audio. Oh well, I guess I’ll use the app without posters. On the positive side – it is even more blazingly fast without posters :-).
1.1.5 sounds awesome, enjoy your free time!

Now why does Apple's review process seem to take so much longer when you're checking daily for an update...
(2012-07-26, 22:31)joethefox Wrote: A new version, 1.1.5, has been submitted to apple with this change log:

- Tv shows: recently added tv shows section
- fixed tv show seasons list order
- added toggle for all/not watched/watched videos when tapping on the section button
- added gesture remote (switch between traditional and gestures with the button on toolbar)

The gesture remote was added to allow one finger navigation throughout the XBMC interface. It is not meant to be burdened down with many multiple finger gestures. It is meant for a laid back "thumb" navigation experience.

And now it's time for a Summer break.
See you in Autumn!!! Smile

Sweet, looking forward to it. Smile
@joethefox, fantastic app, i'm loving it....

One small request though :-) Would it be possible to have a playlist button in the music section alongside the albums, artists, genres, files buttons....it would be nice to access playlists directly. As far as I can tell the only way at the moment is by using the remote control section, unless i've missed something? :-)

Thanks again for the great app...

John
@joethefox Wonderfull app!!!! everybody in our family loves working with this. Now even my wife uses XBMC without calling me 50 times a day!!!!

I just got a few questions....
- is there a possibility to add user switching? If you want to change from one user library to another using the remote the connection is lost...
- can you add box-set support in the library
- I used to work with the constellation remote, which is way too complicated for normal users, but it had one verry nice option:
if you are playing a movie the poster and basic controlls show up on the ios lockscreen.

I hope i'm not asking for to much!

p.s. i've got some basic programming skills and i'm a dutch user... perhaps i can help you translate the app...

Thanks in advance and don't reply to quick because your on a well earned holliday!!!!!
@johndhulme, @DJ Jam, thank you guys!

(2012-07-31, 11:50)johndhulme Wrote: Would it be possible to have a playlist button in the music section alongside the albums, artists, genres, files buttons....it would be nice to access playlists directly.
Yes, I like the idea and I've just verified that the xbmc api supports playlists retrieving. added to the TODO list Smile

(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: - is there a possibility to add user switching? If you want to change from one user library to another using the remote the connection is lost...
Beside adding a way to switch users from the remote (I have to look into the feasibility) maybe you need to set the same connection info for each profile (XBMC Eden: System->Network>Services>Allow control of XBMC via HTTP)
(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: - can you add box-set support in the library
Yes, it's already in the TODO list
(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: - if you are playing a movie the poster and basic controlls show up on the ios lockscreen.
I will look into the feasibility.
(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: I hope i'm not asking for to much!
Never think about that!!! without user suggestions I will never implement cool stuff Big Grin
(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: p.s. i've got some basic programming skills and i'm a dutch user... perhaps i can help you translate the app...
Help is always much appreciated!!! source code https://www.github.com/joethefox . We need to adapt the code to accept language file
(2012-07-31, 12:33)DJ Jam Wrote: Thanks in advance and don't reply to quick because your on a well earned holliday!!!!!
I did not resist Big Grin
(2012-07-31, 15:42)joethefox Wrote: Yes, I like the idea and I've just verified that the xbmc api supports playlists retrieving. added to the TODO list Smile

Great, thanks very much...

John

The 1.1.5 version is available in the app store.
..aawwww. You stole Joe's thunder... He likes to make the announcements. I guess he is busy vacating! Enjoy the farm Joe!
I for the life of me cannot get the volume gesture working correctly. all rotating my thumb does is skip through the thing I'm watching/listening to super quickly.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
The volume gesture is a two finger action. Look at the thumbnail again. It is the only 2 finger action. We wanted to do a circle one finger action, but that takes extra code as it is not an built in iOS gesture.
(2012-08-02, 23:51)kricker Wrote: The volume gesture is a two finger action. Look at the thumbnail again. It is the only 2 finger action. We wanted to do a circle one finger action, but that takes extra code as it is not an built in iOS gesture.

works perfect! thanks Big Grin
Thank you so much for this great app. I have one question which I hope hasn't been asked before. I have tried to go through all the pages.
I'm running the app on iPhone and control XBMC on Windows. Is there anyway to make XBMC active if some popup window or anything else has taken focus?

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8