• 20(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
I take it that everything is ok if you disable DDL?

I doubt this is something I can help with, all I can advise at the moment is carry out the follow:

1. Enable debug logging, see Log_file/Easy (wiki)
2. Carry out whatever causes the force closure.
3. Go to your Userdata folder, shortcut in Windows from Run type %APPDATA%\XBMC then select OK and see if there is a crashlog file, if so then it needs uploading to something like Google Drive, Dropbox, Skydrive so any dev can download the file. Note - it is frowned upon when sharing files to use anything requiring someone to sign up to view the file.
4. Create a new thread in the windows forum to get maximum exposure and include in thread title [Logs provided] and make sure you do have them linked.
Hi everybody!

Hope to get some help :-)

I use xbmc for couple years and last week upgraded PC.

So the setup is:
PC: Zotac ZBox_AD04 (AMD E-450). Video - integrated HD6320. Windows 7 professional x64
AVR: Yamaha AV-R465 5.1
TV: Samsung

Everything connected with HDMI.

Xbmc - 12.1 Frodo

Now.
I setup everything according to post 1. But running xbmc I'm getting only PCM with two speakers in Yamaha with WASAPI HDMI-AMD settings in xbmc.

Yes, there are Realtek audio drivers. I tried to uninstall them but windows detects it again... I use AMD one.

If I open browser in Windows and play YouTube, I get 5.1 PCM in Yamaha.
May be because it uses direct sound...

I can get 5.1 in xbmc if I select DirectSound: AMD HDMI for Audio Output Device...

But in post 1 it states to use WASAPI...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
(2013-04-25, 22:05)goldenmeadow Wrote: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a debug log so I've a better understanding of your system capabilities showing you trying to play a video with 5.1 with WASAPI set as audio device, see Log_file/Easy (wiki) for details on taking the log.
Rainbow 
Hi all,

Today I installed this on my windows 7 machine.
When using the current stable release I cannot use the optical output properly. It stutters on HD videos only not SD (I get around 4FPS)

The error in my log was:
CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: cannot create secondary buffer (DSERR_UNSUPPORTED)

So just now I installed the latest nightly build for this and it is fixed with that.

This happens on a brand new A6-5400k with Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M.

Please fix this Angel

Greetings Tokageroh
Please fix what exactly Huh

You state you had a problem without giving the details of the files in question, the build of XBMC you were using, or providing a debug log then state it's fixed in the latest nightly with again no details Huh what version is latest & what was it datedHuh

If you have HD video with HD audio then you shouldn't be using Directsound anyway.
(2013-04-26, 11:41)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 22:05)goldenmeadow Wrote: Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a debug log so I've a better understanding of your system capabilities showing you trying to play a video with 5.1 with WASAPI set as audio device, see Log_file/Easy (wiki) for details on taking the log.

Thanks for reply!

Last night I had enough time to go through all 29 pages of this thread Smile

Today I tried some downloaded samples in DTS-HD and TrueHD and they played fine.

Now I need to figure out how to set my system so I don't loose HDMI connection... But I will create separate topic in proper forum.

Thanks anyway!!!
I finally got HD audio to work today!! No external players!! All my audios flac/aac/dts-ma/dd hd works the way it supposed to. In addition, prior to this my video would drop a few frame and also in the middle of the film as well as fast forwarding. Here is my previous setting and current setting that worked (took me ~3 month to finally bite the bullet and get figure this out)

previous:
audio output: optical
audio output device: direct sound
passthrough output device: direct sound

current:
audio output: hdmi
audio output device: wasapi
passthrough output device: wasapi

In addition, I disabled all window's sound drivers other than HDMI (under win7 sound setting). This would prevent xbmc from switching to optical during startup if hdmi sound isn't available. I also programmed the harmony 900 to have a 25s delay between startup to xbmc start (this will allow enough time for the hdmi handshaking to complete).

Using i3-2100 as audio and graphics
Just made a minor tweak.

If I use audio output device: wasapi, Then this will interfere w/ MCE. Once I set this back to direct sound then I got MCE to work and HD audio on xbmc. I'm glad this is all ironed out now!
I have a Yamaha Receiver. While I turned off HDMI Control and made sure Audio Output is set to AMP, I'm still seeing Sony TV instead of the Yamaha in sound properties. Not exactly sure how else to handle this? I also turned off HDMI control on my TV along with disabling the speakers

On Windows 8 if that makes a difference

EDIT - I have tried everything to get my receiver to be shown in Sound properties (it shows up in device manager) but it still shows my TV. It seems like all supported formats are still listed though.

Does it really matter if my receiver is listed or not? I can not figure out how to set things up so that XBMC and WMC can coexist. The exclusive mode options are the reason. WMC wants these two check boxes turned off and XBMC wants them on. I don't see how to get around this issue.
What do I lose by switching to direct sound? It looks like there are issues with loading blurays through an external player if WASAPI is selected. I don't have the same issue using Direct Sound

Also, I think I was able to figure out the issues I was having. Or so it seems. The only thing I have changed is setting my system up as 7.1 in Windows Sound Properties even though my system is 5.1. I removed the side speakers during that configuration and then was able to successfully set up my system as 5.1 in WMC as well.
(2013-04-28, 03:03)andyd Wrote: IDoes it really matter if my receiver is listed or not? I can not figure out how to set things up so that XBMC and WMC can coexist. The exclusive mode options are the reason. WMC wants these two check boxes turned off and XBMC wants them on. I don't see how to get around this issue.

As long as everything appears sane in Supported Formats it doesn't really matter.

It's more be aware that if your TV reports against your HDMI device and you are having problems then this could indicate an EDID issue, mostly likely caused the the AVR passing the TV details onto the HTPC. As long as all formats your AVR supports are listed in the Encoded Formats box and Max Number of Channels report as being 8 then it's not something to worry about.

(2013-04-28, 21:42)andyd Wrote: What do I lose by switching to direct sound? It looks like there are issues with loading blurays through an external player if WASAPI is selected. I don't have the same issue using Direct Sound

Also, I think I was able to figure out the issues I was having. Or so it seems. The only thing I have changed is setting my system up as 7.1 in Windows Sound Properties even though my system is 5.1. I removed the side speakers during that configuration and then was able to successfully set up my system as 5.1 in WMC as well.

If you need to have use of audio outside of XBMC while it's process is still open in the background then I'd advise using 12.0, if you are using 12.1 then audio won't be released in WASAPI mode due to a bug fix for the Linux platform that was pushed into the code, the problem is the code for Windows needs reworking since that bug fix but none of the Windows dev's currently have any time to look at it.

With Directsound you'll lose the ability to passthrough HD audio within XBMC.
I see. It's good to know that it is a bug. Here's hoping it's prioritized at some point.

I'll see about reverting back to 12.0. Thanks for the help
I really can't win with this Sad

It looks like HD audio is sitll an issue. Anything tagged with Dolby Digital Plus or TrueHD slows down my system. Same movies play perfectly in MPC-HD. I'm not exactly sure how else to handle it. My receiver is definitely capable. Doesn't look like XBMC is properly bitstreaming the files though. Screenshots and debug file below. I've also reverted back to 12.0 which helps with the external player issue I was having but doesn't help with addressing audio playback in XBMC

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14982

ignore - looks like the person that responded to me deleted message
Do you have any DTS-HD MA files? If so how do they play?

Those Windows properties on the surface appear to be ok, although strange your Sony TV is being reported as the connected device. What model of AVR do you have? make sure any HDMI Control (CEC) settings are off if you haven't done this already.

Check in Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers to see what drivers are installed

Please post what is shown in Sound, video and game controllers, and can you also post a screenshot of your XBMC audio settings.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10