• 20(current)
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator
episodes that are standard definition are not working on xmbc for me plus many of the full episodes are not available to view. I'm new to this so any help is appreciated.Big Grin
Which shows? Will be able to help more if you post the log.
(2013-08-21, 17:04)karmaj Wrote: Does anyone happen to have an updated .py for the CBS website changes that they would share?

Thanks in advance!

Updated CBS script is posted, should come to you in the next update from moneymaker.
Update: v0.7.3 available

Code:
version 0.7.3

* fixed cbs
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-08-15, 11:47)madduffer Wrote: Howdy gang!

I'm writing to everyone as I've been having a bit of a problem recently with Free Cable and am not 100% sure why. I'm running on an Apple TV with XBMC Frodo (12) and basically since the update from 11, Free Cable usually restarts the Apple TV a few minutes into the stream. I will also say that at one point I was running the "transparency" theme and noticed that the Apple TV would reboot 30 to a minute into the stream. When moving back to the default theme, the stream worked successfully for 1.5 shows. Since then, the Apple TV reboots about 4 or so minutes into the stream. I'm wondering if it's memory related but not sure. I mainly use Free Cable to watch "The Daily Show and Colbert" on Comedy Central.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? What should I try on my end to understand where the problem is coming from?

Thanks again in advance and I will repost findings after seeing some of your replies. I've also put a couple details as to what I'm running on below.

Cheers and thank you,

-Duffy

FreeCable 0.7.1
Latest rev of XBMC 12
Apple TV 2 running 5.1.1
i've been getting plugin errors on colbert report and daily show lately... are you having that issue ?
Is anyone else seeing this issue I have with all my installs. Any time I click on a "station" as it is loading it will randomly pop up some show titles. I have to back out of that list, then another list of shows are shown; maybe 4 or 5 of them. After a few pop ups like this I am finally greeted with the full list of available shows. Its been happening for a while with my set up.
(2013-08-25, 01:51)mrdally204 Wrote: Is anyone else seeing this issue I have with all my installs. Any time I click on a "station" as it is loading it will randomly pop up some show titles. I have to back out of that list, then another list of shows are shown; maybe 4 or 5 of them. After a few pop ups like this I am finally greeted with the full list of available shows. Its been happening for a while with my set up.

I'm not positive, but I believe that should only happen the first time you load a station. It appears to me that the addon is asking you to confirm the TVDB.com entry for that particular show. If the shows name is unique, it doesn't ask you as it knows exactly what it is... but if there are possible multiples, take Survivor for example, then it asks you which one from that list is the one that's correct.

If you're guessing and you guess wrong, you can always select a different entry by highlighting the show in the addon and pressing 'C' for the menu, then "Refresh TVDB Data". It'll show the pop-up again, and you can select a different entry.
(2013-08-23, 21:47)moneymaker Wrote: Update: v0.7.3 available

Code:
version 0.7.3

* fixed cbs

CBS is working again.

Thanks.
(2013-08-24, 02:06)schneidz Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 11:47)madduffer Wrote: Howdy gang!

I'm writing to everyone as I've been having a bit of a problem recently with Free Cable and am not 100% sure why. I'm running on an Apple TV with XBMC Frodo (12) and basically since the update from 11, Free Cable usually restarts the Apple TV a few minutes into the stream. I will also say that at one point I was running the "transparency" theme and noticed that the Apple TV would reboot 30 to a minute into the stream. When moving back to the default theme, the stream worked successfully for 1.5 shows. Since then, the Apple TV reboots about 4 or so minutes into the stream. I'm wondering if it's memory related but not sure. I mainly use Free Cable to watch "The Daily Show and Colbert" on Comedy Central.

Has anyone else run into this problem before? What should I try on my end to understand where the problem is coming from?

Thanks again in advance and I will repost findings after seeing some of your replies. I've also put a couple details as to what I'm running on below.

Cheers and thank you,

-Duffy

FreeCable 0.7.1
Latest rev of XBMC 12
Apple TV 2 running 5.1.1
i've been getting plugin errors on colbert report and daily show lately... are you having that issue ?
fyi:
i updated to 0.7.3 and now it worx.
Hello,

Im from canada and i keep getting script error for FX. How can i fix this?
FX and Fox stopped working long ago due to DRM on the streams.

Is anyone else getting script error with CBS/TV Classics?
hi,

encountering playback issues from nbc and unable to get the comedy central feeds to work at all as its reporting script errors. does anyone know for a link with a guide about changing the dns settings?
^ what version of the script are you running (check out post #294 above) ? what platform is this running on (dns settings in linux are stored in /etc/resolv.conf) ?
Hey guys.

I used free cable for a while and abc stopped working. I think they changed something and because I live in europe I can't access it anymore. But: it works when I go to their website. I don't use a proxy but the modify headers addon for firefox. This allows me to watch abc outside the us. my question is: can something like modify headers me implemented in the addon, so that all of us who live outside the us can enjoy abc in xbmc? I have no idea if this is possible, maybe someone could check on that.

Thanks, bye.
It's possible, already do this for nickeldon since Tunnlr doesn't support them. Although this isn't why it's not working in xbmc. They radically changed the website to make it a lot more complicated to play videos. There is a fix for this coming in the next FreeCable major release. I'll have a look at adding modify headers to ABC as well.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator7