• 20(current)
Dolby atmos
(2016-01-27, 18:52)zigzag930 Wrote: Tried latest Aeon Nox, but I seems the hack for Atmos tags was for an earlier version 4? DTS-X will be the next request, beginning as early as tomorrow for those running Denon receivers that accept the F/W upgrade.

Anyway, if anyone can help me with the Atmos tagging in a "current" skin that is supported by OpenELEC, please PM me rather than clog up this thread.

Also, happy to see H.265 icon are already working. I've got a few HEVC compressed files that are playing perfectly and look to re-compress some others soon (once I can get the compression to run a whole lot faster!!!)

I have pushed support for Atmos/DTS-X flags (based on filename) to a fork of Aeon Nox in the jarvis branch: https://github.com/midgetspy/Aeon-Nox/tr...dtsx-flags

I've also submitted a pull request to put them in the official skin: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/pull/692
Yes, by some stroke of luck - I noticed your pull request yesterday as I was checking again to see if anything had been done along these lines.

I'm not on Jarvis yet as OpenELEC only announced the Beta a few days ago. Is there a way to run your NOX skin version on Isengard or is the new skin for Jarvis only?
edit
I can't believe no one has asked yet.... about DTS:X

Yes Kodi (at least OpenELEC 6.0.x) does properly bitstream DTS:X content (on my intel h/w) to my AV processor.

So Atmos and DTS:X both work nicely!

Wow, quite an improvement over the 2D versions of TrueHD and DTS-MA. Immersive sound is a whole new dimension in sound. However, getting it set up correctly (speaker choices and placement, time delays, etc) is not for the faint of heart, time or money
(2016-03-22, 17:37)zigzag930 Wrote: Yes, by some stroke of luck - I noticed your pull request yesterday as I was checking again to see if anything had been done along these lines.

I'm not on Jarvis yet as OpenELEC only announced the Beta a few days ago. Is there a way to run your NOX skin version on Isengard or is the new skin for Jarvis only?

You'd need to manually merge the changes to the master branch which is still for v15. It's probably best to just wait if you're not familiar with that process.
Thanks, I wound up looking at pull request and manually edited the files based on your changes. Works great! Thanks for you efforts and assistance.

Jim
I have no trouble bitstreaming Dolby Atmos audio to my AV preamp but not DTS:X. With DTS:X I only get DTS-HD audio. If I use one of my other dedicated media players the DTS:X audio track plays OK. I've tried the latest Kodi 16 development release but still no DTS:X. Is there something else I could try to resolve this issue?

Steve
Debug log (wiki) is the key thing to resolve all issues.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here is a link to my log file:

http://pastebin.com/73KBMP0C

Thanks,

Steve
i dont want to start anything but how come dts hd X media flags cant be added, clearly its identified in his log under media info when playing back the file so it should be easily flag-able correct?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
No, it's not easy possible. Fmpeg (the internal decoder of Kodi) recognize the DTS-X file as DTS-HD MA. DTS-X is an extension of DTS-HD MA but the extension is not recognized as the same for Atmos.
Ffmpeg is not developed by the Kodi team. So no chance for an internal detection. Maybe someday ffmpeg can recognize the 3D audio formats.

If you want the flags now, you need a skin to support the flags and you have to file tag your movies. In the madnox skin i have posted the changes to enhance the skin to recognize all flags like atmos,auro and dtsx.
(2016-04-09, 18:57)_Andy_ Wrote: No, it's not easy possible. Fmpeg (the internal decoder of Kodi) recognize the DTS-X file as DTS-HD MA. DTS-X is an extension of DTS-HD MA but the extension is not recognized as the same for Atmos.
Ffmpeg is not developed by the Kodi team. So no chance for an internal detection. Maybe someday ffmpeg can recognize the 3D audio formats.

If you want the flags now, you need a skin to support the flags and you have to file tag your movies. In the madnox skin i have posted the changes to enhance the skin to recognize all flags like atmos,auro and dtsx.

thanks for replying, yes im using the Esutary Mod with filenaming support but looking at the log its easy to identify DTS HD X in the log from ffmpeg.
while i understand atmos doesnt work the same, is it possible to get support for dts hd x

09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA), 48000 Hz, 7.1, s32p (24 bit) (default)
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: Metadata:
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: title : DTSHD-X / 4158 kbps / 7.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: BPS : 4157868
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: BPS-eng : 4157868
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: DURATION : 01:46:34.400000000
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: DURATION-eng : 01:46:34.400000000
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: NUMBER_OF_FRAMES: 599475
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 599475
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 3323384236
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 3323384236
09:29:16 T:5744 INFO: ffmpeg[1670]: _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP: mkvmerge v7.2.0 ('On Every Street') 32bit built on Sep 13 2014 15:42:11
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Hi, I am new to this Forum, because to this day I was using my 6years old Xtreamer Sidewinder2.
This old, lame device is capable of playing nearly ALL Video/Audio.
It has no Problems with Dolby (master, TrueHD Atmos...) or DTS (HD...) and it reads and demuxes every Container.

Why ist it so hard to do that now yet ? I am talking of bitstreamin thus no Decoding, only demuxing.
I bought an Android Box (Bqeel 9MC), because old Xtreamer is to slow and stutters with high bandwitdh Videos (>35Mbit an mutliple Atmos tracks).
This new Box can't switch framerate and neither does it bitstreaming of HD tracks. It uses Kodi Jarvis.

So my question:
FFmpeg does all the Magic, but I dont want to have anything parsed or decoded, it should just demux (who does it ? Kodi or FFMMPEG ?) and bitstream over
HDMI. It should be a no-brainer compaired to full Decoding.

PS: can someone provide some test Clips of all sound-Formats that matter ? I have no DTS:X Sample yet and only one huge Atmos Clip.
PSS: sorry for strange writing in caps, correction is set to german...
Search the wiki. You will find a lot of links to testfiles for different audio codecs.

Bitstreaming works. I have no issues with atmos files. It works with my Windows 10 HTPC and my Android Shield TV. If there is no other issue with your box maybe firmware it should work with Kodi.

In my case it works with Kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17. Use the correct settings in Kodi. On some devices refresh rate switching doesn't work correctly. Maybe try the fork SPMC of Kodi.

There are a lot of threads about Bitstreaming issues and most it's a false setup in Kodi. E.g. 'sync playback to display' in the video settings prevents bitstream.Just read some threads.
That's a firmware poblem with your Android device and not a Kodi problem, even if not decoding the device firmware still needs to know how the audio is packaged in order to bitstream it to another device such as avr.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby atmos3