• 20(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
About "Video Diagnostic Screen - CodecInfo" , how can activate this function with default remote ? Thanks
Anyone having issues copying files from Shield to a connected USB stick? So, for whatever reason, I can no longer do this. I'm trying to copy/paste to my USB the .kodi folder within Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/

I've tried ESFileExplorer, FX File Explorer & another off Google Play (forgetting which). Same problem with all. I even tried 4 different USB sticks, tried reformatting each on my PC (NTFS and FAT32) & even formatting on Shield itself.

What's going on?! Please see attached screenshots of the can't copy errors I get with ESFileExplorer & FX File Explorer.

And, choosing 'Select' or allowing write access doesn't work. What's odd is I can't use the Backup add-on from within Kodi to copy my Kodi settings to a USB stick. Tells me disk may not be writable (huh? it is!). I can however still perform backup to a network share.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-07-20, 18:50)hdmkv Wrote: Anyone having issues copying files from Shield to a connected USB stick? So, for whatever reason, I can no longer do this. I'm trying to copy/paste to my USB the .kodi folder within Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/
It is a bug. ManuelG from nVIDIA has said that it will be fixed in the upcoming OTA 2.0.
It has never worked on the Shield ATV.

It is supposed to be fixed on the 2.0 update.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8/#4604118
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Reply to shield kicking out to main menu while in kodi...

I also have this happen and just started after I upgraded to the latest NVidia update and or kodi update.
Thanks wesk05 and Tinwarble. Copying folders/files in the Android folder to USB was working for me until recently, but happy to hear nVidia is addressing with 2.0 firmware.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
does anybody successfully install python-libtorrent on the device ?
(2015-07-13, 23:08)Tinwarble Wrote: This is my current Harmony Smart Control HUB setup for the Shield.

I have 2 devices setup to control it because Logitech has changed it so if you set it up as a Shield ATV you can no longer pair it as BT, and you can't set it up strictly as a Windows PC because then you can't ENTER text in Google Search because it requires the OK command from the Shield. As well, you can't Power off (sleep) or Power on (wake) the Shield via BT.

Also, BT is about a 1/2 sec faster than IR when navigating.

Tinwarble, is there any way to make it, so that the harmony automatically pairs the bluetooth connection when you switch to the NVidia Shield Activity? I find I allways have to look for my mobile phone, to select "Windows PC" device, so it actually pairs, so I can begin using the remote (which makes it a little pointless).
The Hub should pair automatically, at least I haven't had any troubles with pairing.

Also, Logitech has changed things again and as of a couple of days ago, now if you setup the Hub for the SATV you can only pair it via BT and it gives the message that the Shield doesn't have an IR receiver.

Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's weird then. Everytime I switch activites, and come back to the Shield, I need to re-pair the Bluetooth link...
I recently joined the 4K club with a Samsung JS8500 SUHD TV Smile I am now facing an issue navigating Kodi 15 GUI with a touchpad (Logitech K400) on the SHIELD. It seems that Kodi GUI interface objects are off by several pixels. I cannot select anything using the cursor. You can see what I am talking about in the video. I haven't seen any previous report on this issue. I hope I have not overlooked something simple in Kodi settings. It works fine on other apps. It also works fine with Minix X8-H at 4K2K.

Debug log - http://xbmclogs.com/p70uzgoa2
Any change if you move the KB within a couple of feet of the Shield? There is tons of USB 3 / wifi 2.4 ghz interference on this thing. What about using the controller for navigation?
(2015-07-16, 04:55)chaunbot Wrote: Has anyone had any issues with Kodi exiting to the shield home screen? Once on the home screen click on Kodi and it will go right back to the video i was watching. It seems like it hops out of Kodi like ALT+TAB would in windows. Hoping is some configuration i missed. I tried 14.0 15r2. both seemed to work fine besides both going to the home screen randomly. for an 40 min show it would pop out 3-4 times.

I expected to see some mention of it in this thread but i guess not. i will get a look at the debugs.

I have this same issue, but only with 1 of my 2 Shield TV devices. My device downstairs is hard-wired to my network, never buffers or has any exiting issues. My device upstairs connects to my router via wireless AC, and the connection is very strong. However, on a 40-minute video that is standard quality, it ends up 'buffering'/'caching' 2-3 times (about once every 10 minutes or so), and then near the end of the video, Kodi crashes completely back to the shield hub/launcher. I'm not sure why it does this, because the Amazon Fire TV that it replaced, that was running the same version (14.2) Kodi, never had these issues, it was just connected to Wireless N, rather than Wireless AC (but it almost never buffered, and it never crashed).

I'll try to post a log for this crashing problem later today.
(2015-07-27, 15:18)hifiaudio2 Wrote: Any change if you move the KB within a couple of feet of the Shield? There is tons of USB 3 / wifi 2.4 ghz interference on this thing. What about using the controller for navigation?

It is not an interference problem and I know of the USB 3.0 interference problem because I am the one who reported it Smile. It is the same with Bluetooth mouse (Logitech Ultrathin touch mouse). Of course, you can use the controller, but I don't think that is the solution for this issue.
(2015-07-27, 18:10)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 15:18)hifiaudio2 Wrote: Any change if you move the KB within a couple of feet of the Shield? There is tons of USB 3 / wifi 2.4 ghz interference on this thing. What about using the controller for navigation?

It is not an interference problem and I know of the USB 3.0 interference problem because I am the one who reported it Smile. It is the same with Bluetooth mouse (Logitech Ultrathin touch mouse). Of course, you can use the controller, but I don't think that is the solution for this issue.

Why would you want to use a mouse and not a remote. Using a mouse from the couch is not the most ideal way to control Kodi.

That being said, it works fine for me with my old Logitech VX Revolution mouse.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6