• 20(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
Everything works great with the latest version except for one minor issue. With the original version of DSplayer Kodi, when I played HDR files my projector would automatically switch to that and when playback ended it would go back to normal. With this new version, it does not auto switch. If I manually switch to HDR mode then Kodi GUI becomes horrible. Any advise?
The switch to HDR mode is controlled by madVR and the video drivers. So this build of DSPlayer shouldn't have any impact on HDR switching. Maybe you need to clean your video drivers and reinstall a driver that is known to be more reliable with HDR switching?
(2020-04-29, 20:21)hentai23 Wrote: this i can confirm as well , when i have a video with borders and i zoom in on my 16:9 screen and set the aspect to 16:9 in old dsplayer it would properly zoom to the edges of the screen with additional vertical pixel ratio adjustment , in this one it dont , same issue as mentioned and also movies start in this shrinked screen output in the center , i gotta select custom zoom as aspect for it not to do so , in old dsplayer it was set to 16:9 and didnt shrink the window to the center of the screen at half size , indeed an current issue 

btw if possible add as said dsplayer playback support for this >

anybody know how i can get this to play bdmvs and vobs with dsplayer as videoplayer , help would be appreciated, i come from the previous dsplayer build, just want to force dsplayer to be the default player for ALL Formats possible so i can get the best possible quality playback with madvr and lav, a drag and drop option would be appreciated for sure

mind you this stopped being possible since ive updgraded to kodi 17 dsplayer previous versions worked with aforementioned formats in dsplayer

one more issue ive noticed with it is the skipping ahead is alot slower aka much smaller increments , im using the xperience1080 skin

and yes the dsplayer branch is still superior,  ...just needs some love again

btw notice another issue when in files mode and youre in a video folder and select a video file ,it wont play you have to call up the menu and select play instead , something with your update that messes with xperience1080

hope this can be taken care of , would be very appreciated
(2020-05-03, 10:27)Warner306 Wrote: The switch to HDR mode is controlled by madVR and the video drivers. So this build of DSPlayer shouldn't have any impact on HDR switching. Maybe you need to clean your video drivers and reinstall a driver that is known to be more reliable with HDR switching?

Probably but it took me a while to get the correct drivers working to get HDR and 3D  (with 3D switch enabled in Windows) so I'm afraid to touch them. Though if you have any simple solution, I might give it a try.
Hi, this is more a KODI DS issue rather than an issue with this build asi ti happens with all builds.

I cant get 3D MVC to trigger unless my PC is running in 1080p mode, either is plays the movie as SBS instead of proper MVC or it just does nothing and plays as 2D.

If I run my PC in 4k native, but then run my KODI GUI in 1080p it works but it buggy and I get black screens and it doesnt always work. It works eveyr time if I just leave both in 1080p though.

However, using the exact same MADVR settings it works fine with MPC-HC which leads me to beleive its and issue with how KODI DS is triggering 3D when using MADVR.

Again, its doesnt appear to be a MADVR issue as if I put my PC resolution at 2160p, open KODI DS and play a 3D movie it doesnt work, if I come out of KODI DS and drop to 1080p resolution and go back in to KODI DS it works fine with no changes to settings at all.

I've tried messing with the settings in KODI and got nowhere, i'd really like to run my HTPC in 4k all the time now and this is holding me back.

Any suggestions anyone?
I am running my pc in 2160p as well. Works fine with MK3D, 3D BDMV folders. Occasionally, I'll have mismatch, but has worked for most part. Display mode: Full-screen #1, resolution 3840x2160p, Use fullscreen window: Yes. Everything else is default.

Using Windows 10, 1909. Nvidia GTX 1060, driver version 425.31
could be an AMD thing maybe, so you have getting full MVC 3D and not SBS/HSBS?
yes, full MVC 3D
ok, thanks anyway.
Wink 
Hi guys,

New to the forum. Great build by the way!

Any one else experiencing long delays for the video to start? Seems the audio starts right away on a black screen and 3-4 seconds later the image comes on.
17.7,  GTX 1660, Windows 1909, madvr, external filters... the whole shebang. Big Grin

Any thoughts?
if you are dropping to a different refresh rate thats normal, slighty quicker for some, can be quicker if you are not using FSE but it may take a second or two even if you are are using your desktop refresh rate.
(2020-05-14, 11:14)mclingo Wrote: if you are dropping to a different refresh rate thats normal, slighty quicker for some, can be quicker if you are not using FSE but it may take a second or two even if you are are using your desktop refresh rate.
Thank you. I guess that makes sense. I do have this line included in the config. I would think it should be handing the switch properly.

1080p24, 1080p60, 1080p23, 1080p25, 1080p50, 1080p59, 1080p29, 1080p30, 2160p24, 2160p60, 2160p23, 2160p29, 2160p59, 2160p25, 2160p30, 2160p59

What about HDMI dropping out?  I see it quite a bit where my Epson 6050ub goes blank and I get the source input screen showing the loss of the HDMI signal.
Then a few seconds later it comes back again. Ever seen that?
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
there will be a drop in signal when it changes refresh rate / resolution, how long this takes can be dependant on your hardware, a few seconds is well within normal parameters. To these this theory disable refresh rate switching in MADVR and see how long the movies tale to load using your desktop refresh rate.

One other thing, you dont need to put 1080p modes in MADVR, those modes resolution you are trying to achieve, not the material you are playing, if you want to upscale everything to 2160p, which is the best option you wont need any 1080p modes in there. If you are playing MVC 3D movies you wont need a 1080p mode either as 3D movies will only play in 1080p anyway so this will be autonaticalky chosen.

So you just need:

2160p24, 2160p60, 2160p23, 2160p29, 2160p59, 2160p25, 2160p30, 2160p59
(2020-05-06, 18:34)hentai23 Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 20:21)hentai23 Wrote: this i can confirm as well , when i have a video with borders and i zoom in on my 16:9 screen and set the aspect to 16:9 in old dsplayer it would properly zoom to the edges of the screen with additional vertical pixel ratio adjustment , in this one it dont , same issue as mentioned and also movies start in this shrinked screen output in the center , i gotta select custom zoom as aspect for it not to do so , in old dsplayer it was set to 16:9 and didnt shrink the window to the center of the screen at half size , indeed an current issue 

btw if possible add as said dsplayer playback support for this >

anybody know how i can get this to play bdmvs and vobs with dsplayer as videoplayer , help would be appreciated, i come from the previous dsplayer build, just want to force dsplayer to be the default player for ALL Formats possible so i can get the best possible quality playback with madvr and lav, a drag and drop option would be appreciated for sure

mind you this stopped being possible since ive updgraded to kodi 17 dsplayer previous versions worked with aforementioned formats in dsplayer

one more issue ive noticed with it is the skipping ahead is alot slower aka much smaller increments , im using the xperience1080 skin

and yes the dsplayer branch is still superior,  ...just needs some love again

btw notice another issue when in files mode and youre in a video folder and select a video file ,it wont play you have to call up the menu and select play instead , something with your update that messes with xperience1080

hope this can be taken care of , would be very appreciated 

and bump
spent about 4-5 hours trying to get this working with my previous setup (i use kodi + DSPlayer + madvr + plex addon)

and for the life of me I can't figure out why this doesn't work, whereas it worked perfect previously on the old version. 
https://paste.kodi.tv/wexovopido.kodi
^log

i suspect, its something to do with the whole new rule matching thing (even though the file is .mkv through the api)

Quote:17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: Use DSPlayer selective
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: system rules
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: system rules
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: mms/udp
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: lastfm/shout
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: rtmp
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: rtsp
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: streams
17:02:47.499 T:15984 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: streams

so yeah i'm having no luck with it just using DSPlayer by default. i've followed this thread and done all the settings as set up, but i don't know how to remove / edit the above rules to work with plex and restore original functionality (as it was before).
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8