• 21(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@Nostrodamus, @Poida - Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports? If you do, can you unplug all USB devices and try booting the G-Box again?
I thought that might have been a possibility. I did have a USB keyboard plugged in, to run the Clockwork Mod recovery. It's a bit tricky to run from the remote. But in the interest of troubleshooting, I unplugged the keyboard and tried it again, using the remote to run the CWM. Same result as before... freezes on the boot logo.

Just for the hell of it, I tried running it from the built in Android recovery (most modified builds won't install that way) and oddly enough, it appeared to be installing correctly, according to the messages on the screen. But when it came time to reboot, once again it froze up at the boot logo.

I can't think of any other variables here. Everything I've read on numerous other boards would seem to indicate that MX Linux was one of the best things ever created for this hardware, but if that is indeed the case, it seems odd that some percentage of Midnights & Slavs just can't run it.
@Nostrodamus - Which Gotham build were you able to install and run successfully? Do you have a download link?
The most recent one was posted earlier in this very thread.....

(2014-12-26, 23:53)nightowl6900 Wrote: Here is the hydra 13.2 version that works with my g-box midnight m3. I got it from matricom and you have to put the two files on a blank sd card. Enjoy and happy holidays. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5khvj7v4kdee8l...M.rar?dl=0

Before that, I was using a modified version of The Hydra's build over at the Pivos board. That one had a couple of strange errors, so I was happy to find a replacement. The Hydra version that Nightowl posted is working great so far, but I would rather move on to Helix, if I can get it to work.
@Nostrodamus - Please try this test build. Install using the built-in Android recovery; this is a signed image and does not require CWM.

Download: M3_HELIX_NOS_TEST.zip

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

mivlives
(2015-01-24, 17:36)mivlives Wrote: @Nostrodamus, @Poida - Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports? If you do, can you unplug all USB devices and try booting the G-Box again?

Same with or without usb keyboard attached / with CWM or stock android recovery

Just tried "M3_HELIX_NOS_TEST.zip". Aborts with

Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
Hello all,

I have read this thread with interest and want to convert my J1nx Linux Frodo to (Linux) Gotham using the latest best zip.

I use a USB remote keyboard with my Gbox so something that makes that work too would be appreciated.

However I need this to be quite simple! I managed it before with the J1nx upgrade but I am not that technical. Please could someone tell me:

1) Which the best latest flash/zip file is is, so I can use that one.
2) Point me towards a simple set of instructions to make this change on the Gbox Midnight 2.x?

All best wishes in advance, I love my Gbox and want it to be the best it can be!

GQ
(2015-01-25, 09:53)Poida Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 17:36)mivlives Wrote: @Nostrodamus, @Poida - Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports? If you do, can you unplug all USB devices and try booting the G-Box again?

Same with or without usb keyboard attached / with CWM or stock android recovery

Just tried "M3_HELIX_NOS_TEST.zip". Aborts with

Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Yep, I got the exact same error Sad
@Nostrodamus - I've updated the link, please redownload and try again
(2015-02-01, 01:52)mivlives Wrote: I've updated the link, please redownload and try again

The updated link did in fact install for me. Sadly, after a minute or so, it just keeps on re-starting / re-booting and becomes unusable.

Perhaps Nostrodamus will have more luck?
Works great here so far. Installed without errors, booted up possibly faster than the previous Gotham did, and immediately downloaded the standard Kodi addons upon completion.

Much appreciated, mivlives. Thanks!
Doh - @mivlives Is this an update of the update I tried?

I'll download again
updated 02/01/2015 build by the-hydra
- Video and PVR tweaks

Download: M3_HELIX_020115.zip
MD: 2391F5D581E9EB86BE4D26F919C8C4AB
SHA-1: F65F3C00F22796137C9EC75E3CE8A5CDD4E3B0C9

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

mivlives
Thanks for keeping us updated! Big Grin
(2015-02-04, 06:36)mivlives Wrote: updated 02/01/2015 build by the-hydra
- Video and PVR tweaks

Download: M3_HELIX_020115.zip
MD: 2391F5D581E9EB86BE4D26F919C8C4AB
SHA-1: F65F3C00F22796137C9EC75E3CE8A5CDD4E3B0C9

mivlives

Thanks for the build, installed without issue on a gbox midnight 2.1

I cannot get the wifi working , i can seen the AP

Solved, use the network manager under programs Smile
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7