• 21(current)
Google Nexus Player
(2014-12-17, 07:19)Anssi Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 07:11)KeithLM Wrote: I don't see the options for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD capable receiver. Are these available somehow? I'd like to bitstream all the audio formats to my receiver, not convert everything to PCM. I see the DD and DTS options, but not the HD options.

DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough are not presently supported by the Android platform. They may or may not get added in future Android versions (I might look into it myself later).

Well that sucks big time. Is the decoding even full bitrate decoding or is it just pulling out the DTS or DD stream and decoding that? I was really hoping to ditch my HTPC and replace it with this, but I need Atmos and that will only come with a TrueHD stream. I can't believe they won't let Android just pass the bits. Seems a lot simpler than decoding the stream.

I just keep hoping that one day I'll be able to have a small, low-power device, that can handle all my media needs. I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Sad Granted I can't do Amazon on this device, but it's oh so close to doing everything else I need.
(2014-12-16, 23:37)Koying Wrote: Unless you are using my "daydream" PR, it cannot kick in while Kodi is running. Most probably, Kodi dies, then immediately daydream kicks in because the wake lock is freed.

Normal nightly. However the daydream on exit isn't a crash because manually exit.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-17, 07:34)KeithLM Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 07:19)Anssi Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 07:11)KeithLM Wrote: I don't see the options for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD capable receiver. Are these available somehow? I'd like to bitstream all the audio formats to my receiver, not convert everything to PCM. I see the DD and DTS options, but not the HD options.

DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough are not presently supported by the Android platform. They may or may not get added in future Android versions (I might look into it myself later).

Well that sucks big time. Is the decoding even full bitrate decoding or is it just pulling out the DTS or DD stream and decoding that? I was really hoping to ditch my HTPC and replace it with this, but I need Atmos and that will only come with a TrueHD stream. I can't believe they won't let Android just pass the bits. Seems a lot simpler than decoding the stream.

I just keep hoping that one day I'll be able to have a small, low-power device, that can handle all my media needs. I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Sad Granted I can't do Amazon on this device, but it's oh so close to doing everything else I need.
Kodi uses FFmpeg for audio decoding, and it has full TrueHD decoding and full DTS-HD HRA (Hi-Res Audio) decoding, but no full DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) decoding yet.

Android 5.0 added some official passthrough support for the first time (for AC-3 and E-AC-3, the latter of which we do not yet support on Android), so things are heading to the right direction. There is a TODO entry in their code to add more formats.
Thanks for the info Anssi, I'll keep my fingers crossed. On the plus side with the latest nightly I watched a movie for about 30 minutes with no glitches tonight and spent some time in the menus and changing settings and never had a problem.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=43

Quote:If somebody can make the NP capable of changing refresh rate on the fly for 24p playback, the Nexus Player will be good enough for a professional home theater. I believe Chainfire is on his way to accomplishing this (he already has an app to force 24p, but it doesn't change on the fly yet).

Would be awesome off course. Anybody with more information?
I cannot get Kodi to be stable on my Nexus Player. I experience random crashes during video/music play back and this has been an issue with every version of Kodi after beta1. I disabled all add-ons, no help. I tried both NFS and SAMBA, no difference. I get crashing on both low and high bitrate video of all file types. Sometimes I can watch a whole 2 hour movie (rarely though) without a crash, sometimes I can't get through a 20 minute TV show without 3 crashes.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this? I'm currently using the 12/15 nightly, but I have experienced this through beta 5, rc1, r2 and r3.

(2014-12-17, 12:00)Joster Wrote: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=43

Quote:If somebody can make the NP capable of changing refresh rate on the fly for 24p playback, the Nexus Player will be good enough for a professional home theater. I believe Chainfire is on his way to accomplishing this (he already has an app to force 24p, but it doesn't change on the fly yet).

Hehe, I'm the one that posted that over there.
(2014-12-17, 17:31)ktownhero Wrote: I cannot get Kodi to be stable on my Nexus Player. I experience random crashes during video/music play back and this has been an issue with every version of Kodi after beta1. I disabled all add-ons, no help. I tried both NFS and SAMBA, no difference. I get crashing on both low and high bitrate video of all file types. Sometimes I can watch a whole 2 hour movie (rarely though) without a crash, sometimes I can't get through a 20 minute TV show without 3 crashes.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this? I'm currently using the 12/15 nightly, but I have experienced this through beta 5, rc1, r2 and r3.

(2014-12-17, 12:00)Joster Wrote: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=43

Had the same issues, been using the ADT-1's ARM version of Gotham 13.2 since and it's fully working, no crashes no nothing.

I assume it is safe to say that an ARM version of Kodi will provide the same result but I haven't tried yet.
(2014-12-17, 17:36)JoHasse Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 17:31)ktownhero Wrote: I cannot get Kodi to be stable on my Nexus Player. I experience random crashes during video/music play back and this has been an issue with every version of Kodi after beta1. I disabled all add-ons, no help. I tried both NFS and SAMBA, no difference. I get crashing on both low and high bitrate video of all file types. Sometimes I can watch a whole 2 hour movie (rarely though) without a crash, sometimes I can't get through a 20 minute TV show without 3 crashes.

Had the same issues, been using the ADT-1's ARM version of Gotham 13.2 since and it's fully working, no crashes no nothing.

I assume it is safe to say that an ARM version of Kodi will provide the same result but I haven't tried yet.

Weird. I guess I can try this, but I assumed that I would want the x86 version for the Nexus Player?
That should be the correct version, yes.
(2014-12-17, 17:49)JoHasse Wrote: That should be the correct version, yes.

So are you saying that you have found stability by using the incorrect (ARM) version?
That's exactly what I'm saying, while waiting for a fix of Android or Kodi, don't know where this bug come from. Try it for yourself.
(2014-12-17, 19:18)JoHasse Wrote: That's exactly what I'm saying, sadly.

No that's not what you are saying.
It's impossible to run an ARM build on the Nexus Player.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I will gladly take a screenshot of my "information screen" later on then.

I installed this apk from another thread : http://d-h.st/zTT
(2014-12-17, 19:22)Martijn Wrote: No that's not what you are saying.
It's impossible to run an ARM build on the Nexus Player.

I wouldn't say impossible, ever heard of Houdini (libhoudini)?

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Like I said in my previous post, my cpu is seen as an ARM v7 processor in the info screen.
Obviously I may be saying complete bs as I'm not a pro, so I'll take a screenshot and eventually shut my mouth forever. :-D
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7