• 21(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
What is the best way to install this addon, in the op you list three links?

Will the addon auto update?
(2016-09-26, 10:10)Jeffers24 Wrote: Does this addon have a nameHuh

TV Guide Fullscreen.

Its just a placeholder until inspiration dawns. Wink

My first design goal was to make it easy to use on touchscreen devices, even phones. So I try to maximise the display out to Fullscreen where possible and the Default skin uses the whole screen for the now playing video window in the background.
(2016-09-26, 10:16)Jeffers24 Wrote: What is the best way to install this addon, in the op you list three links?

Use the zip repo link for automatic updates:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip
(2016-09-26, 10:53)primaeval Wrote:

TV Guide Fullscreen.

My first design goal was to make it easy to use on touchscreen devices, even phones. So I try to maximise the display out to Fullscreen where possible and the Default skin uses the whole screen for the now playing video window in the background.

Just thought I would prod the inspiration, maybe you should ask for suggestions?

I plan to try it on an Android TV box plugged into a TV and use a handheld remote. Will your addon work well in my set up?
(2016-09-26, 11:46)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 10:53)primaeval Wrote:

TV Guide Fullscreen.

Just thought I would prod the inspiration, maybe you should ask for suggestions?

I plan to try it on an Android TV box plugged into a TV and use a handheld remote. Will your addon work well in my set up?

I use a cheap Android TV box on my main TV and it works ok for me.

I occasionally get a stream playing in the background behind a blackout screen but just press Info or Fullscreen. I think it is the cheap box rather than Kodi, the addon or Android but I don't know.

Have a look in Settings \ Help \ Commands to see what does what (commands.txt file in the addon folder). You might need to use the Kodi addon called Keymap Editor if you need to remap any of the buttons on your remote.

I did ask for suggestions a while ago but it is a difficult business to name something right. I looked at thousands of names before I found the best ones for my daughters. Smile
(2016-09-26, 10:54)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 10:16)Jeffers24 Wrote: What is the best way to install this addon, in the op you list three links?

Downloaded recommended zip, installed from zip, installed from your repo programs.

When I try to run the addon I get an error message, "It was not possible to load program data, because the settings are invalid".

I am guessing I have missed something, are you able to tell me what I should do?

I assumed the guide would open unpopulated and I could then populate it with the necessary addons and links.
(2016-09-26, 12:02)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 10:54)primaeval Wrote:

Downloaded recommended zip, installed from zip, installed from your repo programs.

When I try to run the addon I get an error message, "It was not possible to load program data, because the settings are invalid".

I am guessing I have missed something, are you able to tell me what I should do?

I assumed the guide would open unpopulated and I could then populate it with the necessary addons and links.

The only thing necessary is to set the xmltv source, either a local file or url.

To make it look nicer you can change the number of channels per page and a location for logos.

The easiest way to add streams is to use the Add Folder option from Context Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder.
(2016-09-26, 12:06)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:02)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 10:54)primaeval Wrote: Use the zip repo link for automatic updates:

The only thing necessary is to set the xmltv source, either a local file or url.

To make it look nicer you can change the number of channels per page and a location for logos.

The easiest way to add streams is to use the Add Folder option from Context Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse \ Add Folder.

I don't have a local file or a url?

I thought it would open with a default list of channels that I then link to my addons.
(2016-09-26, 12:10)Jeffers24 Wrote: I don't have a local file or a url?

I thought it would open with a default list of channels that I then link to my addons.

There are several ways to get an xmltv file.

I have just started a new addon to grab the xmltv from SchedulesDirect.org. It costs $25 a year and is a powerful service.
The addon is still very beta though.
SchedulesDirect to xmltv
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=292112

You could try bluezed's EPG-Direct TV Guide which has SchedulesDirect support built-in
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287868
and use my addons.ini Creator addon to get all your addon streams.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291225

You can use my Webgrab+Configurator to configure and control an external xmltv grabber from http://www.webgrabplus.com
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2389809
Beware: Webgrab++ is not that easy to set up properly.

You can get some pre-made xmltv files from here:
http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

And of course Google.
(2016-09-26, 12:10)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:06)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:02)Jeffers24 Wrote: Downloaded recommended zip, installed from zip, installed from your repo programs.

The Repo is showing as version 0.0.1, the Program Addon 'TV Guide Full Screen' is showing as version 0.0.119.

Are these the latest/correct versions that I should be using?

Once I have the right versions I will follow up your post on how to get a file, I am looking for a list of channels for UK and US that I can customise.
(2016-09-26, 12:29)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:10)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:06)primaeval Wrote: The only thing necessary is to set the xmltv source, either a local file or url.

The Repo is showing as version 0.0.1, the Program Addon 'TV Guide Full Screen' is showing as version 0.0.119.

Are these the latest/correct versions that I should be using?

Once I have the right versions I will follow up your post on how to get a file, I am looking for a list of channels for UK and US that I can customise.

They are the correct versions. This morning anyway. Wink

You'll have to follow my links and do some research to find the best solution for you.

You can find other TV Guides around with some pre-made xmltv files included but this is the only TV Guide that lets you use any addon as a stream source.
But they are generally run by ego-maniacs on twitter and youtube who engage in some pretty appalling and petty fights with other developers.
(2016-09-26, 12:38)primaeval Wrote: They are the correct versions. This morning anyway. Wink

You'll have to follow my links and do some research to find the best solution for you.

You can find other TV Guides around with some pre-made xmltv files included but this is the only TV Guide that lets you use any addon as a stream source.
But they are generally run by ego-maniacs on twitter and youtube who engage in some pretty appalling and petty fights with other developers.

Thanks for your responses and patience.

I know another TV Guide which allows you to choose channels from installed addons, not sure I can mention it here. It uses a database with a comprehensive (in my view) list of channels. Could I copy it's database into Full Screen TV Guide and make use of it?
(2016-09-26, 12:45)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 12:38)primaeval Wrote: They are the correct versions. This morning anyway. Wink

Thanks for your responses and patience.

I know another TV Guide which allows you to choose channels from installed addons, not sure I can mention it here. It uses a database with a comprehensive (in my view) list of channels. Could I copy it's database into Full Screen TV Guide and make use of it?

Internally TV Guide Fullscreen still uses an addons.ini file to link the xmltv channels to addon streams.

You can actually import that from the other TV Guide with the setting in Settings \ Optional \ Import addons.ini etc.

But if you leave the Import addons.ini checked after the first import it will overwrite your internal addons.ini file every time the source changes.

You can actually just use a File Manager and copy the addons.ini file to \userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\addons.ini

But if you add the addon streams folders yourself you can get them to automatically update on a schedule so they always contain the latest links. There is a manual update setting too: Settings \ Optional \ Refresh Addon Folders.

There are a lot of possibilities in this TV Guide so you might need to get the hang of one of the more basic ones first.
Have a look in the userdata folders to see what is happening behind the scenes.
(2016-09-26, 12:55)primaeval Wrote: Internally TV Guide Fullscreen still uses an addons.ini file to link the xmltv channels to addon streams.

You can actually import that from the other TV Guide with the setting in Settings \ Optional \ Import addons.ini etc.

But if you leave the Import addons.ini checked after the first import it will overwrite your internal addons.ini file every time the source changes.

You can actually just use a File Manager and copy the addons.ini file to \userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\addons.ini

But if you add the addon streams folders yourself you can get them to automatically update on a schedule so they always contain the latest links. There is a manual update setting too: Settings \ Optional \ Refresh Addon Folders.

There are a lot of possibilities in this TV Guide so you might need to get the hang of one of the more basic ones first.
Have a look in the userdata folders to see what is happening behind the scenes.

I am making slow progress, used mc2xml to create xml file and changed addon settings to point to it.

Now can run addon and list of channels and programs loads.

When I choose a channel and choose stream, I go to addon option and no addons are listed just an up and down arrow with no icon displayed.

How do I get access to my addons so I can choose a stream?
(2016-09-26, 13:09)Jeffers24 Wrote: How do I get access to my addons so I can choose a stream?

This is the Add Folder method I talked about earlier.

Go to Context Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse (at the top).
Find your Addon with your remote's up/down buttons.
Click OK.
Wait for the Folders to load.
Select the Folder with tv channels.
Click OK.
Wait for the channels to load.
Click Add Folder.

Next time you try to play a channel you should get a list of channels that match the xmltv channel.
The Stream Setup \ Addons list should also now contain your addon streams.

If you have any matching channels in your normal Kodi Favourites it will match them first.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8