• 21(current)
Android Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)
just wasn't sure about which nightly the discussion was about (32 vs 64 bit)
32 bit, yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Firstly thank you for this build. I've been using 
Code:
kodi-20230314-703d2f61-nexus-backports-cube-armeabi-v7a.apk
with my Fire TV Cube 3 for a few weeks now. So far it's been the most compatible set up I've had so far. I can even watch the occasional DV clip, which I've never been able to do before.
I do have 1 issue.
When I turn my tv off, then back on again, I only get 2 channel PCM sound. When I check the Kodi settings the IEC packer is gone and all the passthrough options are gone. I have to reset the Fire TV and it goes back to normal using the recommended IEC packer and everything works fine. I have to reset this every time I turn on it on. Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

Also is there any way to update this in the future? Or do I have to keep my eye on the thread for updates?

Thanks
Every nightly has all fixes made here. You can install whatever you want. If you have to reboot the entire FireTV and just rebooting kodi is not enough, then I cannot do anything for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-08-14, 08:54)puunda Wrote: Firstly thank you for this build. I've been using 
Code:
kodi-20230314-703d2f61-nexus-backports-cube-armeabi-v7a.apk
with my Fire TV Cube 3 for a few weeks now. So far it's been the most compatible set up I've had so far. I can even watch the occasional DV clip, which I've never been able to do before.
I do have 1 issue.
When I turn my tv off, then back on again, I only get 2 channel PCM sound. When I check the Kodi settings the IEC packer is gone and all the passthrough options are gone. I have to reset the Fire TV and it goes back to normal using the recommended IEC packer and everything works fine. I have to reset this every time I turn on it on. Not sure if anyone else has this problem.

Also is there any way to update this in the future? Or do I have to keep my eye on the thread for updates?

Thanks
You need to make sure you quit Kodi before turning off so it completely reloads next time. Simplest way I've found is to use the Keymap Editor add-on and set the back key to quit Kodi when on the homescreen, obviously you can edit the xml manually if you're that way inclined. I've then gone one step further and programmed my Harmony to send a 'back' command when leaving the Watch FireTV activity to guarantee I don't forget to hit back before turning off.

If you don't see the Kodi boot screen when picking the app you'll know it didn't quit last time and you'll get that problem.
Per @fritsch post, suggested using the latest nightly instead. Updated post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2023-08-14, 18:14)hdmkv Wrote: Per @fritsch post, suggested using the latest nightly instead. Updated post #1.

I have installed the latest nightly.
I am still getting the issue where the IEC packer is no longer detected and passthrough is not available. However now restarting Kodi works and I don't need to restart the Fire TV.
Thanks
(2023-08-15, 14:48)puunda Wrote:
(2023-08-14, 18:14)hdmkv Wrote: Per @fritsch post, suggested using the latest nightly instead. Updated post #1.

I have installed the latest nightly.
I am still getting the issue where the IEC packer is no longer detected and passthrough is not available. However now restarting Kodi works and I don't need to restart the Fire TV.
Thanks
It worked before which is why I suggested it   Laugh
@puunda you might start a new post about this and include a Debug Log showing the behavior

im running a much older master 21.0-ALPHA2 (20.90.201) Git:20230721-f087be63b4 on FireTV Cube Gen3 OS 7.6.4.6 and am not experiencing this, it could be a change between then and now
deleted
I updated to version. 7.6.5.2 and it broke passthrough and refresh rate switching..anyone else have this problem?
(2023-08-20, 07:42)jezza1222 Wrote: I updated to version. 7.6.5.2 and it broke passthrough and refresh rate switching..anyone else have this problem?

Oh noes. Similar things happened to the old FireTV 4k. Make sure to properly power cycle and check Kodi Debug Log as well as your FireTV settings. Kodi supports IEC and RAW API. It is very unlikely that they were able to break both.
just tried the latest nightly but no luck.

audio only has the option. for the Android IEC packer, can't chose pass through

can't change resolution

can't change refresh rate..stuck on 59.94

Was all good before the Amazon Update Sad

I will try to work out this Kodi log thingy
log link attached

https://paste.kodi.tv/ijetajigis
Also my whitelist only has one resolution and one refresh rate..no other options appear Sad

thanks again. for everyone's help
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)0