• 22(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
I can't for the live of me get this to work.

I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham which is supposed to have support. All my movies are on a network share, seperated in 2 directories (Movies 1 and Movies 2) but as one source, dunno if that matters at all.
The network paths are in smb:// format (I read that the windows notation might cause issues, so \\server\name) so that should be good. The network shares are however protected, also read that might be an issue. The guest/anonymous login functionality of Samba on my Thecus NAS is broken so I kinda have to.
However I tried the custom extras location pointing to my C drive which still doesn't work. The only thing I have is a dialog popup saying "No extra's found" for every movie info screen. I read that was a problem on the Aeon Nox Gotham thread as well but the suggestion to just remove all addon_data I don't really like since that will scrap all the settings.
I also tried with Confluence but there I don't even know how to access it, there's no button on the movie info screen (so pressing "i" after selecting a movie with Extras). I'm running the latest nightly of XBMC currently

I ran a debug enabled log when trying to access the Extras of Bolt, you can find that here (I anonymized some MySQL configuration, just so you know);
http://josnienhuis.nl/xbmc.log

I'd like to start using this but I do not know how to fix this. The log just doesn't mention anything even though I have debug logging enabled in XBMC and VideoExtras
Looking at the log, it appears you are running the latest VideoExtras, but not the latest Aeon Nox, I think you might need to get the version from the Git repo (I think some-one else posted this in the Aeon Nox thread)

https://github.com/WarLion/skin.Aeon-Nox-4.1.9

[This will often be the case if you are going to use Gotham before it is released]
Thx a bunch Rob! That ofcourse did the trick.
I was unaware I wasn't up to date since the download link on the Nox Gotham thread points to the one I had installed... After getting the latest version from github all is fine.
Sorry to waste your time and thx for the quick response! Keep it up, looks great!
(2014-03-28, 17:41)josz Wrote: Thx a bunch Rob! That ofcourse did the trick.
I was unaware I wasn't up to date since the download link on the Nox Gotham thread points to the one I had installed... After getting the latest version from github all is fine.
Sorry to waste your time and thx for the quick response! Keep it up, looks great!

the download link is the last stable version the git is the current work i will update the download link to 4.1.9.7 tomorrow
i am using 1.06 and the latest Nox Gotham from the git. I am still getting the no extras found error. I also deleted the video extra data in my roaming directory as suggested in the Nox forum.

What am I doing wrong?
(2014-03-29, 18:57)Agent62 Wrote: i am using 1.06 and the latest Nox Gotham from the git. I am still getting the no extras found error. I also deleted the video extra data in my roaming directory as suggested in the Nox forum.

What am I doing wrong?

A Debug log (wiki) is always a good idea for this sort of thing. Make sure you enable debugging in the VideoExtras addon.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
So I've gone through this whole thread, and wiki et al, and I must say wow. Thanks. This is a great addon. Also props Warlion as it's working great within Nox Gotham.

The question I have is about folder structure for extras. I know the way I currently have things will not work (extras\season1\filename) is the best way to do this just swapping the season and extras folder, and having as many extras folders as are necessary? I guess alternately I could edit the filenames so they included the episode/season number. I don't know what you've found works best/is cleanest.

Second, do bdmvs by default have an extras folder, or were people renaming that folder to extras to enable scraping? The only one I am aware of having only has (BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STEAM).

Lastly, the one question I didn't see adressed in the thread, is whether there is a way to handle extras a directory above the movie directory? For instance I have E:\Movies\The Godfather Collection Coppola Restoration in which I have an extras folder and a folder for each movie. Those extras are in essence shared across the three, and not specific to any one. Are the only ways to do that putting the movie files in the collection folder, or copying the extras folder into each movie directory?

Again, thanks for the awesome addon. Sorry if my questions are too general.
(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: So I've gone through this whole thread, and wiki et al, and I must say wow. Thanks. This is a great addon. Also props Warlion as it's working great within Nox Gotham.

The question I have is about folder structure for extras. I know the way I currently have things will not work (extras\season1\filename) is the best way to do this just swapping the season and extras folder, and having as many extras folders as are necessary? I guess alternately I could edit the filenames so they included the episode/season number. I don't know what you've found works best/is cleanest.
You can place the "Extras" folder inside whichever folder contains the videos you want the Extras displayed with. Typically this would be in a season folder with all the episodes in the same folder and the extras would be shared with all episodes from that season. If you wanted each episode to have separate extras you could put each episode in its own folder along with an Extras folder.

(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Second, do bdmvs by default have an extras folder, or were people renaming that folder to extras to enable scraping? The only one I am aware of having only has (BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STEAM).
I did a little testing with this a while back. If I remember correctly, I created a folder which was named with the proper video name and placed the bdmv and the Extras folder inside.

(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Lastly, the one question I didn't see adressed in the thread, is whether there is a way to handle extras a directory above the movie directory? For instance I have E:\Movies\The Godfather Collection Coppola Restoration in which I have an extras folder and a folder for each movie. Those extras are in essence shared across the three, and not specific to any one.

I can't say that I've tested this. I can see that it could be useful though in certain situations. My guess is that it won't work, but I have been wrong before Big Grin. You could test this and post back the results.Nod
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@wgstarks:

Thanks for your help.

http:://xbmclogs.com/show.php.id=161617
(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Second, do bdmvs by default have an extras folder, or were people renaming that folder to extras to enable scraping? The only one I am aware of having only has (BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STEAM).
Current VideoExtras supports playing of Extras in the format of Blu-Ray BDMV folder or ISO images, in the following structure:
1) Extras folder located in the parent movie folder (same level as the BDMV folder or ISO image) which is the preferred method or,
2) Extras folder located within BDMV folder.

Limitations:
VideoExtras is currently limited to only playing the main feature of a Blu-Ray extra. Although Rob has tried to implement this, Blu-Ray menus aren't supported by VideoExtras due to python limitations handling these type of BD menus via the class Player(__builtin__.object). I hold my hopes for Python to overcome this limitation one day though.

Hope this clarifies it further.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-03-29, 22:32)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 21:33)Adiventure Wrote: Lastly, the one question I didn't see adressed in the thread, is whether there is a way to handle extras a directory above the movie directory? For instance I have E:\Movies\The Godfather Collection Coppola Restoration in which I have an extras folder and a folder for each movie. Those extras are in essence shared across the three, and not specific to any one.
I can't say that I've tested this. I can see that it could be useful though in certain situations. My guess is that it won't work, but I have been wrong before Big Grin. You could test this and post back the results.Nod

wgstarks is absolutely spot on. VideoExtras will not look above the parent video folder for the presence of the 'Extras' folder, which means that currently there is no way to set an Extras folder common to all the movies belonging to a set. You will have to repeat the content within each movie's folder or you can place within each movie folder a symlink folder (called 'Extras') pointing to only one 'Extras' folder containing the original extras video files. The latter however I have tested to work only in OS X and haven't tried in Windows. This could also bring issues with the VideoExtras' internal database though, which keeps track of resume & watched states for each extra video; so my advice is to perhaps file a feature request for this capability if Rob thinks its implementation is reasonable and feasible.

EDIT: Nevertheless, for TV Shows only, on one hand VideoExtras does display the sum of all extras located in each season folder plus any content of an Extras folder located at the same folder level as the seasons when consulting the Information pane of the TV Show or a season. On the other hand, it will only display the extras corresponding to a season when consulting the Info pane of episodes from that particular season. So what you want actually works but only for TV Shows, not yet for movies.

Obs: Yes, it is a bit confusing: the extras you see when consulting a season are not actually those belonging to that season only and instead they are all the extras for the complete TV Show. Only consulting the episode will tell you what extras are specific to that season.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
If I have the TV show called "Extras" in my Library -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445114/

Then do I need to change the advancedsettings to something like this ? ->

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-dvd extras-</regexp>
<regexp>/DVD Extras/</regexp>
<regexp>DVD Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/dvd extras/</regexp>
<regexp>dvd extras</regexp>
<regexp>-trailer</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]DVD Extras[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]dvd extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

And then put my Extras in to a folder called "DVD Extras"?
(2014-03-30, 04:27)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: If I have the TV show called "Extras" in my Library -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445114/

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This is a great question!

I didn't even realize that the show Extras was not in my library any longer til you brought this up! I eagerly await the proper regexp - because I haven't a clue with that stuff...
However, I've already got a sizeable amount of content in "Extras" folders, so I hope that I wouldn't have to rename all of those folders just to get the one TVshow to appear in the library.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-03-30, 04:41)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 04:27)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: If I have the TV show called "Extras" in my Library -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445114/

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This is a great question!

I didn't even realize that the show Extras was not in my library any longer til you brought this up! I eagerly await the proper regexp - because I haven't a clue with that stuff...
However, I've already got a sizeable amount of content in "Extras" folders, so I hope that I wouldn't have to rename all of those folders just to get the one TVshow to appear in the library.

You may proceed with that kind of regexp if you are starting from scratch with VideoExtras, however you will face the same issue if at one point there is a movie or TV Show containing the string 'DVD Extras' in their name, if you know what I mean. Please DO NOT proceed with that kind of regexps if you have already set-up a considerable extra material using 'Extras' as standard regexp. You will have the described issue IF and ONLY when a movie or TV Show name contain, within its title, the string 'extras'. This is highly unlikely to happen, and if it does, as in the case of this TV Show called 'Extras', then there are some alternative procedures much healthier and organised than getting one TV Show to display at the expense of losing tidiness in your video library (your extras videos which had been previously regexped will now show up after a new scan in the movie library; you will have a mess and you won't be happy about it).

Alternative procedures:
1) Involves managing the TV Show manually and removing the 'extras' string at folder level:
1.1) If you have managed the TV Show with a media manager which wrote NFO files for each season and episode of the TV Show 'Extras' (2005), then:
1.2) With a tool like 'Renamer' proceed to rename (replace) the string 'extras' by something like 'xtras' wherever it appears within the TV Show folder name and the Seasons folders.
1.3) Proceed to update the library and the NFO files will feed the right information to XBMC.
1.4) For future episodes and seasons, manage them manually fetching all the info and writing the NFOs first, then proceed to rename the string 'Extras' wherever it appears (redo 1.2) and put them in the TV Show folder and update the library.

2) Involves defining a different source for videos containing the conflicting string 'extras' in their name:
Basically you will place all those movies and/or TV Shows, which may contain in their names the string 'extras', in a different source. First you need to prepare the system to have it doing exactly what you want:
2.1) Toggle off the option 'Update library on startup' under sub-menu 'Library' under menu 'Video' in 'System'.
2.2) Exit XBMC, go to your 'userdata' folder and rename your advancesettings to advancesettings.old (this is assuming that your advancesettings contains the necessary changes specified in VideoExtras wiki)
2.3) Create a new source directory and place in it your TV Show 'Extras' folder or any other show containing the string 'extras'. If you have movies containing the string 'extras', define a new source specifically for movies; same procedure for music videos.
2.4) Fire up XBMC, add your new video source, define its content as TV Show (or movie/music video as needed), define scraper and most important, turn on the option 'Exclude path from library updates'; press OK.
2.5) Call contextual menu whilst you hover on this new source and force a 'Scan for new Content'. DO NOT force a scan for any other source.
2.6) Exit XBMC, rename your advancesettings.old to its original name advancesettings only.
2.7) Restart XBMC. ; your new 'Extras' TV Show will show up, will remain immutable and nothing will mess with the rest of your library if you select to update the library on start-up or whenever you wish.
2.8) If at any point you need to scan your 'Extras' TV Show for new seasons or episodes that have been added to this folder, just repeat step 2.2), 2.5) and 2.6).

If your new source is for movies, deselect 'Scan recursively' when defining your content, so extra material within the sub-folder Extras doesn't get scanned into the library; if you have spare extra video files at the parent folder level you may want to put them within an Extras sub-folder.

OBS: I currently see no other methodology unless VideoExtras implements an option to by-pass the regexp for certain user-selectable content.
Best,

capfuturo

Has anyone tried just adding the year the TV show Extras was first broadcast in brackets after the title and see if that works?

And Channing the regex so that it only has versions with directory slashes in - or just doing that on it's own might work - so try removing ...>Extras<...

Rob
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2