• 23(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
(2013-09-18, 18:13)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 19:37)Koloss Wrote: @ZexisStyfe: Can you tested my translation file?

Koloss, I would hold off on any translation effort. I will be redoing the strings.xml file during Beta to better support translations.

I believe it was stated plainly here.
I'm sure your help will be appreciated when the time comes.
Sorry guys, but you didnot understand my work!
I mean it just good!!!

Please look my sourcecode and then ZexisStyrfe.
We can then speak of my work!

I am not only translate in german, you can polish francais or other, only you must translate strings.xml in the right folder.
Zexisstyrfe must do the same work what i do, I wanted to take it just a little work.
Guys, chill out. I am here and reading all the messages.

Koloss, what I meant by holding off is the fact that I am currently going through my entire skin and removing all explicit labels within it and replacing them with localization variables. This means I am redoing the strings in all 120 some odd XML files that makes up the skin and will be replacing the entire strings.xml file in the beta release because so much of it will have changed (all of the existing string defined in the strings.xml will likely change). This is a process that actually began prior to me releasing Alpha4.1. I really appreciate all the work you have done, I just don't want you to do it now and have most of it turn out to be invalid after the release of Beta. Once I release beta I will whole heartily accept any translation effort you would like to do.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

It's ok when you have time for it, it's really many work!

In future you learn and localize from beginning. Development is every a learning process.
I will support you in translate your version in german when the beta is out.

I use actually my version and it running good for me!
Just a small update for everyone-

My Localization efforts are now complete and will be in for Beta 1. I am in the process of migrating the skin over to the Roboto font (which has kind of become the default XBMC font) along with some other tweaks and optimizations to the existing skin. Once those are complete I will begin adding the new features for Beta.

I am hoping to have Beta 1 released by the end of the year, however I am not going to make any promises. At that point the skin will also be added to XBMC's development repository. This will also be the last version of the skin to support Frodo (XBMC 12.2). Starting with Beta 2 the skin will be moved to the Gotham codeset (XBMC 13.0).

If anyone really wants a (reasonable) new feature that is not on the "TO DO LIST" in the first post of this thread, now would be the time to speak up. After Beta 1 the skin will be feature complete as far as the primary release is concerned and any new features will have to wait until after that.

(2013-10-30, 03:37)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I am hoping to have Beta 1 released by the end of the year, however I am not going to make any promises. At that point the skin will also be added to XBMC's development repository.

Thank you for this update.

This is great news! This skin is excellent and definitely should be added to the repository so more XBMC users can enjoy it. I'm looking very forward to this Christmas present.
Hey dude! Thanks for your skin, really liking it.
Do you think a 3D button in the progress overlay (as in confluence) would be possible?
Is there a way to install the skin in the latest Gotham alpha, regardless of the dependencies?
(2013-11-02, 11:31)mancer Wrote: Hey dude! Thanks for your skin, really liking it.
Do you think a 3D button in the progress overlay (as in confluence) would be possible?
Is there a way to install the skin in the latest Gotham alpha, regardless of the dependencies?

Hey mancer,

I am planning on moving metroTV to Gotham with Beta2, so at that point I would be happy to add the 3D button to the progress overlay. As for using it prior to that time, you should be able to do so, however I know the settings screens will not work as they have reorganized the way those windows function with Gotham.

Thanks for your reply.
I was able to install it under alpha7, but when I try installing it on a clean alpha8, I get the message that the dependancies are not met.
(2013-11-04, 14:39)mancer Wrote: Thanks for your reply.
I was able to install it under alpha7, but when I try installing it on a clean alpha8, I get the message that the dependancies are not met.

That is likely because Alpha8 broke one of the add-on dependencies.

(2013-10-30, 03:37)ZexisStryfe Wrote: If anyone really wants a (reasonable) new feature that is not on the "TO DO LIST" in the first post of this thread, now would be the time to speak up. After Beta 1 the skin will be feature complete as far as the primary release is concerned and any new features will have to wait until after that.

Hey ZexisStryfe! I hope I haven't missed the boat on this, but I was curious if you would be keen to do another view that has been interesting me?

and

http://i.imgur.com/DeLCX.png

I would love to see your take on it. You have a style that I just haven't seen anyone else match...
I believe I can accommodate that request, Zora. Big Grin

(2013-11-09, 16:05)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I believe I can accommodate that request, Zora. Big Grin

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman! Thank's a bunch ZexisStryfe! Smile
Alright guys, as someone who doesn't use PVR in my day to day XBMC use I have a question for everyone- what is the window DialogPVRGuideOSD and where do I go about activating it so I can see it's content? It is the last window I have to skin and it is annoying me greatly... Angry

I'm not sure if they're setup that way by default or if I changed the keyboard.xml but those are the keys on my end:

Code:
<g>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</g>
      <c>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</c>

One of them (PVROSDChannels) is the complete guide for all the channels when in fullscreen tv, the other (PVROSDGuide) is the program of the day for the currently tuned channel.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23