• 23(current)
Win Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox
(2015-04-03, 07:34)SamWilson Wrote: Did anyone try to get Audio over HDMI working on Windows 10 Technical Preview?

no, it's non-functional on 8.1 forward
What is the High Definition Audio Device driver versions on Windows 8 and 8.1?

On Win 10 it is:

Date: 19.01.2015
Version: 10.0.9926.0
(2015-04-03, 07:58)SamWilson Wrote: What is the High Definition Audio Device driver versions on Windows 8 and 8.1?

On Win 10 it is:

Date: 19.01.2015
Version: 10.0.9926.0

it's not (strictly) a driver issue. You can load the drivers linked earlier, which work under Windows 8, in Windows 8.1/Win10 and HDMI audio is still non-functional.
High Definition Audio Device is as far I can tell shipping with the OS and has not been posted by anyone yet.
OP updated to reflect working HDMI audio in Windows 8. Thanks to marcus0!
So noone here believes that the Microsoft drivers like High Definition Audio Device could be part of the issue?
Would be really nice to know the version numbers from 8 and 8.1.
Btw. is there a good way to extract those drivers for testing?
(2015-04-04, 08:36)SamWilson Wrote: So noone here believes that the Microsoft drivers like High Definition Audio Device could be part of the issue?

marcus0 already said he's using the Intel Display Audio drivers, not the default MS HDA ones, so they have no bearing
(2015-04-04, 08:36)SamWilson Wrote: So noone here believes that the Microsoft drivers like High Definition Audio Device could be part of the issue?

tried the same drivers that we use on windows 8 on windows 8.1 and 10 and you can get working audio but buggy graphics (kodi doesn't work) or you can get working graphics and no audio... i mentioned this in this thread previously.
First off, thanks for all the great work Matt Devo, marcus0 and fma965. With your help I got Windows 8 up and running with HDMI audio relatively painlessly. Has anyone tried to use the Windows 8 Netflix app with 5.1 DD+? I can watch movies just fine if I leave Windows set to stereo sound, but as soon as I configure it for 5.1 Netflix slows to 1-2fps and no audio. Just curious if anyone else has seen this same issue.
(2015-04-06, 05:02)Bumpaneer Wrote: First off, thanks for all the great work Matt Devo, marcus0 and fma965. With your help I got Windows 8 up and running with HDMI audio relatively painlessly. Has anyone tried to use the Windows 8 Netflix app with 5.1 DD+? I can watch movies just fine if I leave Windows set to stereo sound, but as soon as I configure it for 5.1 Netflix slows to 1-2fps and no audio. Just curious if anyone else has seen this same issue.

this isn't a very helpful reply but i haven't tried it. sorry.
I think I just got it sorted. I had to disable exclusive mode on the audio settings:
Would this be a good candidate to run Windows 8.1 off of?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...8683&cm_sp=
(2015-04-06, 23:19)Bumpaneer Wrote: I think I just got it sorted. I had to disable exclusive mode on the audio settings:

Hey, quick question for you - when you said you were having issues with DD (Dolby Digital), was that in a pass through scenario, or software decoding directly on the chromebox? I'll be trying pass through on my system to a Pioneer AVR this weekend, so just curious about different audio configurations.
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15
Currently I'm seeing PCM as the audio type on my AVR, so I'm guessing windows is software decoding at this point. My next steps will be figuring out how to get bit-streaming working from the Netflix app. It seems to already work correctly out of Kodi as I see the correct audio indicator on my AVR.
(2015-04-06, 05:02)Bumpaneer Wrote: First off, thanks for all the great work Matt Devo, marcus0 and fma965. With your help I got Windows 8 up and running with HDMI audio relatively painlessly. Has anyone tried to use the Windows 8 Netflix app with 5.1 DD+? I can watch movies just fine if I leave Windows set to stereo sound, but as soon as I configure it for 5.1 Netflix slows to 1-2fps and no audio. Just curious if anyone else has seen this same issue.

Hi
Yeap same issue here, but not for every videos :
Better call sall : 5.1 slow and soundless
Under the dome : 5.1 just perfect
I suspect different encoding methods...
But I confirm your method solves the problem,which is awesome,thx
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows on Asus/HP/Acer/Dell Chromebox4