• 23(current)
Release Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
(2018-04-29, 22:22)nigelH Wrote: Tomas
I've noticed that when you exit kodi, the system hangs, I have reinstalled and it only seems to happen when the kodi connect addon is installed.  Have you experienced this before?
Nigel

Yes, it hangs on some Windows.
What OS and addon version are you using?
Tomas

I have installed the latest connect version 0.1.15 on Kodi 17.6. 
The 2 systems that lock up are on the Qnap NAS TS-453A and also Amazon Firestick OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720)

Nigel
(2018-04-30, 13:38)nigelH Wrote: Tomas

I have installed the latest connect version 0.1.15 on Kodi 17.6. 
The 2 systems that lock up are on the Qnap NAS TS-453A and also Amazon Firestick OS 5.2.6.2 (587700720)

Nigel
Okay thanks. I'll look into this asap, as this is also affecting other people.
This is excellent, thanks for promptly adding me, the setup was a breeze...all up and running in under 10 minutes.
I looked at using Alexa with Kodi a few months back but it was so much hassle and headache involved i gave up in the end, this makes it very simple.

I see you have Live TV on your todo list, that really would be the icing on the cake.
Just one thing...is there a way to stop playback completely?, it just pauses it when i try to stop it...is that the expected behaviour?
(2018-04-30, 19:06)gb160 Wrote: This is excellent, thanks for promptly adding me, the setup was a breeze...all up and running in under 10 minutes.
I looked at using Alexa with Kodi a few months back but it was so much hassle and headache involved i gave up in the end, this makes it very simple.

I see you have Live TV on your todo list, that really would be the icing on the cake.
Just one thing...is there a way to stop playback completely?, it just pauses it when i try to stop it...is that the expected behaviour?

Amazon says it’s expected (that’s why I can’t do anything about it).
But multiple people are complaining about this on their forums, so hopefully they will change this.
So, updated my Kodi today from 16.1 to 17.6 but only 0.1.8 is working, 0.1.15 still gave me an error.. tomorrow i‘ll check the log..
Hi,

I would like to try this out but i'm unable to PM you (Probably because I have only just joined this forum).

Are you able to PM me and i'll send you my email address?

Thanks
(2018-05-01, 11:33)intrepid85 Wrote: Hi,

I would like to try this out but i'm unable to PM you (Probably because I have only just joined this forum).

Thanks
That wouldn't help. You can find me on reddit, and PM me there (same username)
(2018-05-01, 11:34)tkislan Wrote:
(2018-05-01, 11:33)intrepid85 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
That wouldn't help. You can find me on reddit, and PM me there (same username) 
Have sent you a PM on reddit, thanks
Hello guys,
this skill is amazing. Thank you tkislan for beta testing.
I am from Germany and now i tested this skill a little bit.
When i say to alexa: Show me TV Shows (of course in german), nothing hapens, also with movies.
When i say, show me action TV Shows, she listed them.

It would be nice to navigate in Kodi, for example, when action movies are listed, it would be nice to scroll to a movie, to show informations of it.
Now you can only play the movie and not show informations of content or actors.
Hi Tomas,
i am on Kodi 17.6 on a Nvidia Shield.
When the Kodi voice skill is enabled, Kodi cannot shut down and freezes.
Addon disabled, Kodi can shut down and there are no freezes.
Maybe it is possible to prog "XBMC.ShutDown ()" command per voice?
(2018-05-01, 14:25)Superbert Wrote: Hello guys,
this skill is amazing. Thank you tkislan for beta testing.
I am from Germany and now i tested this skill a little bit.
When i say to alexa: Show me TV Shows (of course in german), nothing hapens, also with movies.
When i say, show me action TV Shows, she listed them.

It would be nice to navigate in Kodi, for example, when action movies are listed, it would be nice to scroll to a movie, to show informations of it.
Now you can only play the movie and not show informations of content or actors.
Functionality is limited by what Amazon opens in their API. Not much I can do about it.
But I bet, that you can actually request information on movies/shows without even having Kodi integration in the first place (can't test currently)
(2018-05-01, 18:11)Superbert Wrote: Hi Tomas,
i am on Kodi 17.6 on a Nvidia Shield.
When the Kodi voice skill is enabled, Kodi cannot shut down and freezes.
Addon disabled, Kodi can shut down and there are no freezes.
Maybe it is possible to prog "XBMC.ShutDown ()" command per voice?
Yes I know about this feature. Need to get this fixed asap.
(2018-05-02, 00:45)tkislan Wrote: But I bet, that you can actually request information on movies/shows without even having Kodi integration in the first place (can't test currently)

Ok, this would be very nice, but which voice command is needed? Thank you for an answer, when you test it.
(2018-05-02, 07:07)Superbert Wrote:
(2018-05-02, 00:45)tkislan Wrote: But I bet, that you can actually request information on movies/shows without even having Kodi integration in the first place (can't test currently)

Ok, this would be very nice, but which voice command is needed? Thank you for an answer, when you test it.  
Well, a quick google found me this:
https://www.amazon.com/David-Flannery-Mo...B01BKVNMM0
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi8