• 23(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
ekim232 Wrote:The background text can be turned off. It also turns off automatically if there is user defined background images. Homepage has a lot of toggles. Pretty much everything is customisable. I am working on a second set of icons now. The hard part is designing a new submenu animation. Right now they share the same icon frame and spin to reveal the submenu. The submenu icons will be a few shades lighter. Those were my first round. These screens were also taken on my laptop, so they all look MUCH better on my 1080p tv. As I look at them now, I almost want to remove them because they don't give a good representation at all.

I'm all for toggles and having things optional, but try to avoid too much customization as it can have an adverse effect on how the skin runs. I hate skins that are bogged down with thousands of options and end up running slow because of it.

Not trying to criticize, you're doing a great job, but keep the original vision of making Aeon run smoother on lower end hardware alive.
kryptonyte Wrote:I'm all for toggles and having things optional, but try to avoid too much customization as it can have an adverse effect on how the skin runs. I hate skins that are bogged down with thousands of options and end up running slow because of it.

Not trying to criticize, you're doing a great job, but keep the original vision of making Aeon run smoother on lower end hardware alive.

These toggles are in place to help lower end machines. By removing textures/features it should help the loading of the window. In all the homepage has between 8-10 toggles total.

Overall the settings page for skin options is now cut in half. All the browser themselves have toggles to turn off the ones you don't need, but as for browser specific features they are now toggled on my new media panel that pops up on the actual browser so you can watch what is being done.
nvm
Hi.

First of all I´d like to give my complements to the developer(s). I have long been a fan of the Aeon and especially since Stark and the progress thereafter.

I have now used the (by me well modded) Aeon Auriga, this has been sufficient until now and I have to be honest not spend any time looking at an alternative..

Untill I by mistace fell into this thread...

Looking at the posts and the screens makes me quite intressted and I wonder aswell if there is a beta, I´m right now building an eeebox with windows WP and XBMC with ION hardwaresupport and Mediaportal support.
I´m trying to find a skin for this and I have to say that your skin is it!

My 6 year old daughter and my sons (4yrs) are not keen on reading and I have to stay with something simular to what I´ve got (Aeon Auriga).

Will there be a TV menu at the frontpage in the skin?

I have found it quite nice to get straight into "Genres" when entering "Movies" and choosing folder up if wanting the standard "Movies menu", back or esc to get back to frontpage. I supose that this will still be posible by editing the xml files, but If you would like to try, I think you will find it quite useful since that is usualy where you want to go... This way you make it one click easier...

Also,

Will there be a new set of Moviegenre icons? or do we stick with the regular (quite nice ones?)
I know this usually is the case...

Another point that I know we had quite a discussion about early in the stark release was the size of the posters, will there be a setting to adjust these? this because at different monitor sizes you would like differrent sizes of the posters.
(I´ll see if I can find the post where we found nice sizes for different tv´s.)
I´d appriciate if this was just a setting since I have 5 htpcs with the same disc-image (XP, XBMC, Network settings, Mediaportal, Antivirus, configured ir remote software etc etc) but all of them have different tv sizes... 26"-52"....

Here´s the link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49447

Thank you in advance!
Smile

Best regards!

//Talle
Talle Wrote:I have found it quite nice to get straight into "Genres" when entering "Movies" and choosing folder up if wanting the standard "Movies menu", back or esc to get back to frontpage. I supose that this will still be posible by editing the xml files, but If you would like to try, I think you will find it quite useful since that is usualy where you want to go... This way you make it one click easier...

Also,

Will there be a new set of Moviegenre icons? or do we stick with the regular (quite nice ones?)
I know this usually is the case...

Another point that I know we had quite a discussion about early in the stark release was the size of the posters, will there be a setting to adjust these? this because at different monitor sizes you would like differrent sizes of the posters.
(I´ll see if I can find the post where we found nice sizes for different tv´s.)
I´d appriciate if this was just a setting since I have 5 htpcs with the same disc-image (XP, XBMC, Network settings, Mediaportal, Antivirus, configured ir remote software etc etc) but all of them have different tv sizes... 26"-52"....

Here´s the link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49447

Thank you in advance!
Smile

Best regards!

//Talle

There is a tv show button on the main page. Movies will go straight to movie titles as it always has. The main menu has a submenu if you want to enter into genres or any other library node. I will also be adding support for the favorites.py script, so users can add there own menu buttons.

The poster size will remain the same. It will be overkill (settings & coding) to add support for multiple sizes. Coding would be an absoluet pain. Keep in mind that as of now I have added 5 new views to the video library beyond the standard wall, list, showcase, & multiplex (which have also been cleaned up) so to add support for multiple poster sizes would require a ton of repositioning and sizing. No other skin does this, but there is mods out there if you need to have it. Frames sizes for tv shows does offer banners, poster, and landscape.

Movie genres icons are still the same, since I have not seen any that can beat their design. If new ones come out that look better, I will gladly switch them out. These are very easy for any user to change to their own preference.

I am getting very close to an intial release. I hope to have a new thread up tonight to showcase some of the new looks.
Thank you for quick answers, I understand all points and I look forward to the initial release! Smile

Best regards

//Talle
ekim232 Wrote:I am getting very close to an intial release. I hope to have a new thread up tonight to showcase some of the new looks.

I'm really looking forward to this; I'm sure you won't disappoint us.
Hello everyone.
Sorry for my english, I'm Russian.

There is a problem. In the TV series (TV Shows) in the form of LOW LIST not appear Cover
Help

========================

Привет всем.

Есть проблема. В сериалах в виде LOW LIST не отображаются обложки.
Помогите с этой проблемкой.
@ekim232
did you get a chance to check Rapier Qualar Mod
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=525...tcount=317

ekim232 Wrote:If you are speaking of kiosk mode, then the answer is no for the initial release. That would take sometime I don't want to invest at first.

I am not sure what wide list is in Rapier. I will have to check it out.

thanks
AntonVS Wrote:Hello everyone.
Sorry for my english, I'm Russian.

There is a problem. In the TV series (TV Shows) in the form of LOW LIST not appear Cover
Help

Do you have a folder.jpg or a poster.tbn in your tv show folder?

That is probably your problem. I did not create low list, so the way it pulls icons is not the way I would do it. I thought I corrected it at one point, but I could be wrong.
ekim232 Wrote:Do you have a folder.jpg or a poster.tbn in your tv show folder?

course yes

ekim232 Wrote:That is probably your problem. I did not create low list, so the way it pulls icons is not the way I would do it. I thought I corrected it at one point, but I could be wrong.

Sad other species are not so convenient as low list
Here is good example of my problem

I beg to solve this problem
AntonVS Wrote:Here is good example of my problem

I beg to solve this problem

Try copying your folder.jpg and renaming it to poster.tbn and then refresh the tv show for it to load. Also make sure that when you scrap your tv shows that you are selecting "prefer posters" on the tvdb scraper settings.
ekim232 Wrote:Try copying your folder.jpg and renaming it to poster.tbn and then refresh the tv show for it to load. Also make sure that when you scrap your tv shows that you are selecting "prefer posters" on the tvdb scraper settings.

Did everything as told... renamed the cover of a poster.tbn, activated item "prefer posters" in scrap and refresh TV show.

not work Sad
there are options?
AntonVS Wrote:Did everything as told... renamed the cover of a poster.tbn, activated item "prefer posters" in scrap and refresh TV show.

not work Sad
there are options?

Why don't you just have some patience and wait for his new mod?

ekim I suppose it will be released on the 12th of May or earlier?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321