• 23(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
steelman1991 Wrote:Hi and welcome

Difficult to say what you are likely to see by rolling back, but it's only a matter of downloading and overwriting - place a copy of your current dsfilterconifg - providing it is working the way you want - in the user\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata folder. Just remember that dsplayer will read from this rather than the dsfilterconfig in the core program folder, therefore any changes made there should be mirrored in the userdata folder. All this does is save making wholesale changes everytime you download and install a new version.

HD Audio - the simple answer is I don't know and I don't know if anyone else has tried it - but see this link from the first post http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152520. I would think that those instructions and having the correct ffdshow build should be sufficient.

No need to remove core codec, just make sure if you are not going to use it that it is not set as 'preferred' in the coreavc options/set-up.

EDIT HD Audio - unless you want FLAC/LPCM WASAPI playback, I would think you can skip all the parts about MPC-HC and reclock - it should be sufficient in this context to have the correct ffdshow build set-up to bitstream the codecs and then the appropriate entry pointing to ffdshow for audio playback in the dsfilterconfig file. Let us know how you get on - might be interesting for others and more work updating the first post for Oldpainless.

@ Steelman1991, @Oldpainless:

Thanks. I did update to the newest build which seemed to resolve the stuttering issue. Based on all of the links above, I've set up my ffdshowaudiodecoder settings as suggested to force Bitstream, however, I'm not sure what I would want to edit in the dsfilterconfig file (I haven't the slightest clue as to where I should start with this) - I'm good at editing ini/script files but not very good at trying to do it from scratch. Smile

Thanks again for your help so far.
Smile 
Okay, have another try...

For the other error, I try to make a debug...
Wink 
Hello,

Here is the dubug log when xbmc crashes after audioset playing a ts file renamed from vdr...

http://pastebin.com/smRBffTd

thank you!

And sorry, I didn´t know imageshack...
metaltimo Wrote:Hello,

Here is the dubug log when xbmc crashes after audioset playing a ts file renamed from vdr...

http://pastebin.com/smRBffTd

thank you!

And sorry, I didn´t know imageshack...

You're still using 28016?! NO SUPPORT for older build. These bugs were corrected a long time ago in newer build Wink
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Smile 
Hello Seb!

YES I´m still using 28016 BECAUSE EVERY VERSION ABOVE MAKES TEARING AT ALL MOVIEMATERIAL EVEN SD AND HD!!!

If You solve that Problem (dikussed few postings ago) I WOULD use the latest build of course!!!

But could You PLEASE explain it to me, what is the Problem (why crashes xbmc) and what did I wrong implementing wmv and ifo filters to the old config?!
All my Problems would be solved, and I never would make a change to a well running system!

P L E A S E !!!
metaltimo Wrote:Hello Seb!

YES I´m still using 28016 BECAUSE EVERY VERSION ABOVE MAKES TEARING AT ALL MOVIEMATERIAL EVEN SD AND HD!!!

If You solve that Problem (dikussed few postings ago) I WOULD use the latest build of course!!!

But could You PLEASE explain it to me, what is the Problem (why crashes xbmc) and what did I wrong implementing wmv and ifo filters to the old config?!
All my Problems would be solved, and I never would make a change to a well running system!

P L E A S E !!!

You must be kidding, right? I've told you how to solve all your issues! For the crash, it will always crash, no matter what you're doing (that's why it's a bug ...). For the rule, you need to rename "filetypes" to "filetype", as i've already told you ...

And, as we said soooooooooooooooo many times, we can't solve tearing since it's a user-related issue, and not a dsplayer issue. The best we can do is to allow usesr to customize some options. That should solve many of the tearing issues.
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
adrianf74 Wrote:@ Steelman1991, @Oldpainless:

Thanks. I did update to the newest build which seemed to resolve the stuttering issue. Based on all of the links above, I've set up my ffdshowaudiodecoder settings as suggested to force Bitstream, however, I'm not sure what I would want to edit in the dsfilterconfig file (I haven't the slightest clue as to where I should start with this) - I'm good at editing ini/script files but not very good at trying to do it from scratch. Smile

Adrian if you've set-up everything (ffdshow I mean) externally to bitstream the codecs, you only need make sure that the "mkv rule" in the dsfilterconfig is using ffdaudiodec as the filter for audio like so:-

</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->

FFDshow should now take care of the audio, and if set-up correctly should bitstream. Just remember that if you have placed a dsfilterconfig file in your userdata folder, that the changes should be made there.
blinkseb Wrote:You must be kidding, right? I've told you how to solve all your issues! For the crash, it will always crash, no matter what you're doing (that's why it's a bug ...). For the rule, you need to rename "filetypes" to "filetype", as i've already told you ...

And, as we said soooooooooooooooo many times, we can't solve tearing since it's a user-related issue, and not a dsplayer issue. The best we can do is to allow usesr to customize some options. That should solve many of the tearing issues.

Seb...What can I say...ShockedShockedShocked...although adrianf74 has a valid post...so if you can help, please do.

I do hope in future folks will read the wiki and the header (1st page) of this thread.....Eek

For the sake of all of our sanity.....read the wiki!!...lol

k
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Rainbow 
I´m not kiddin´!!!

Yes, You are right, I turned off the s in filetypes to filetype... Sorry I have read it too late... my mistake...

But this solved the problem of the displaying error (there is no message at all) but the film wmv and the DVD do not start... no action at all!

The second is, it is strange that tearing is there using the actually build and tearing is not there when using this old build... I didn´t change anything on my system!!!

And the crash... ok, if it is a bug so it is... Hope, there is another possibillity for me... I won´t ask You anymore...

But thanks for all, I just try to take it as it is...
Timo
blinkseb Wrote:You must be kidding, right? I've told you how to solve all your issues! For the crash, it will always crash, no matter what you're doing (that's why it's a bug ...). For the rule, you need to rename "filetypes" to "filetype", as i've already told you ...

Im not sure its a user issue the problem might be somewhere in the rendering loop. But like i said before since 28016 there exactly 349 750 lines that has been changed. So unless i would spend 3 weeks on a problem i dont even have screw this.
adrianf74 Wrote:@ Steelman1991, @Oldpainless:

Is it all sorted now? Steelman has far more experience than I do on the HD audio side.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Smile 
Hello Tiben!

Thank You! I also suppose that tearing is not a USER issue!
I hope You will find the right rendering loop or whatever and THANKS for working so hard on it!

I already thought I´m too dumb to use it, but there are many problems seems not depending on me...
I hope so...
But anyway THANKS to ALL here for doing that work here!!!

Timo
steelman1991 Wrote:Adrian if you've set-up everything (ffdshow I mean) externally to bitstream the codecs, you only need make sure that the "mkv rule" in the dsfilterconfig is using ffdaudiodec as the filter for audio like so:-

</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->

FFDshow should now take care of the audio, and if set-up correctly should bitstream. Just remember that if you have placed a dsfilterconfig file in your userdata folder, that the changes should be made there.

I created the dsfilterconfig file because one didn't exist as an XML file without issue. It was placed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

I've confirmed that FFDShow is set up as per the instructions on Doom9 (ignoring the MPC Reclock stuff) and I'm still getting no further. Unfortunately, I have to head out to work but will try to play with this on my days off (time permitting).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'm getting ready to just demux the files and rewrap it as FLAC (seems like less work in the end) but I would like to see if I can make this work.
adrianf74 Wrote:I created the dsfilterconfig file because one didn't exist as an XML file without issue. It was placed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

I've confirmed that FFDShow is set up as per the instructions on Doom9 (ignoring the MPC Reclock stuff) and I'm still getting no further. Unfortunately, I have to head out to work but will try to play with this on my days off (time permitting).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'm getting ready to just demux the files and rewrap it as FLAC (seems like less work in the end) but I would like to see if I can make this work.
Mate some further work/understanding required before you will fully benefit I would think.

First of all a dsfilterconfig file always exists - just not in the location you are referring to (delete the one you created) and look in C:\Program Files\XBMC\System\Players\dsplayer - this is where the 'core' program files and dsfilterconfig.xml exist - open that file and then make the amendments I suggested to that file and save.

Ignore the other instructions I made about the userdata folder - given what you just advised, it is fairly clear that you don't have one set-up, at least not in the correct location.

Once you have made the changes in the correct file and location let us know how you get on.
steelman1991 Wrote:Mate some further work/understanding required before you will fully benefit I would think.

First of all a dsfilterconfig file always exists - just not in the location you are referring to (delete the one you created) and look in C:\Program Files\XBMC\System\Players\dsplayer - this is where the 'core' program files and dsfilterconfig.xml exist - open that file and then make the amendments I suggested to that file and save.

Ignore the other instructions I made about the userdata folder - given what you just advised, it is fairly clear that you don't have one set-up, at least not in the correct location.

Once you have made the changes in the correct file and location let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the help so far (and in mentioning I wasn't even in the right place).

I did locate the correct path and replaced the original MKV RULE with the one you provided. No difference.

I did notice that I still have CoreAVC set as my preferred decoder so I went into it, disabled that, rebooted and still no improvement.

I'm getting DTS 96/24 from the one file but not DTS-MA. When I look at the "stream info" on my receiver (Yamaha HTR-6260 - RXV-665) [which is bitstream capable] it still reads "DTS 1536." Within XBMC, under the audio icon while playing, only DTS 5.1 shows up (not the MA option). Am I missing something critical here? I know I'm close to getting this resolved, and my settings for FFDShow are correct (I'm using the version that comes with the DSPlayer Build of XBMC).

Thanks.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0