• 24(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
You need the latest Intel Media SDK v.1.8 driver installed on the required Intel CPU with Windows 8 or higher.
(2016-03-12, 01:17)Dave the Minion Wrote: Here is a database of Blu-ray movies with subs, denoting which are forced. It's what I use to set my forced headers in general. The list before was just the 3D titles I have, though there's not many more.

So the only one I tested was Avatar, and there were no issues. I also wanted to test it because last time I tried to play it it was jerky, but jerk free this time.
(2016-03-12, 05:47)timstephens24 Wrote: So the only one I tested was Avatar, and there were no issues. I also wanted to test it because last time I tried to play it it was jerky, but jerk free this time.

Sorry, couldn't resist when I read your post. Actually quite the opposite as it's good to hear!
Nice to see this development, but will it make it into kodi proper if it doesn't work on all platforms (which I think is the policy).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I was testing on my i5 Haswell and noticed some tearing on the picture? I was testing Ant-Man 3D. Could there be an issue with using a Displayport to HDMI cable? I also noticed that I didn't get HD audio. Any pointers on how to fix these two issues? Thanks
(2016-03-12, 06:35)nickr Wrote: Nice to see this development, but will it make it into kodi proper if it doesn't work on all platforms (which I think is the policy).

Lots of things in Kodi don't work on all platforms. Raspberry Pi can't bitstream HD audio. Should everyone do without HD audio bitstreaming because of the Pi's limitations?

Some features require more specific platforms. That's just how it goes. To not implement MVC 3D into Kodi proper because it's not 100% universal would be extremely shortsighted and fairly ass-backwards.
(2016-03-12, 05:46)Dave the Minion Wrote: You need the latest Intel Media SDK v.1.8 driver installed on the required Intel CPU with Windows 8 or higher.

Ok I have that installed from the Intel website yet I'm still getting stuttering on 3D ISO. Playing on PowerDVD gives me prefect playback which is strange. Is there something I'm missing? It goes into 3D mode fine and everything but the video is not smooth.
(2016-03-12, 07:11)KrispyKreme Wrote: Ok I have that installed from the Intel website yet I'm still getting stuttering on 3D ISO. Playing on PowerDVD gives me prefect playback which is strange. Is there something I'm missing? It goes into 3D mode fine and everything but the video is not smooth.

PowerDVD isn't using hardware to decode the video, so you can't compare the two.

You need to read through this thread and ensure you are following the settings and turning things on/off that need be and so on. Make sure you are using hardware decoding as the 3D preferred mode. If you are then still having issues post a debug log.
(2016-03-12, 07:11)KrispyKreme Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 05:46)Dave the Minion Wrote: You need the latest Intel Media SDK v.1.8 driver installed on the required Intel CPU with Windows 8 or higher.

Ok I have that installed from the Intel website yet I'm still getting stuttering on 3D ISO. Playing on PowerDVD gives me prefect playback which is strange. Is there something I'm missing? It goes into 3D mode fine and everything but the video is not smooth.

Try and disable your video card enhancement settings and see if that help.....
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-12, 07:36)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 07:11)KrispyKreme Wrote:

Try and disable your video card enhancement settings and see if that help.....

How would go about doing that?
(2016-03-12, 07:16)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 07:11)KrispyKreme Wrote: Ok I have that installed from the Intel website yet I'm still getting stuttering on 3D ISO. Playing on PowerDVD gives me prefect playback which is strange. Is there something I'm missing? It goes into 3D mode fine and everything but the video is not smooth.

PowerDVD isn't using hardware to decode the video, so you can't compare the two.

You need to read through this thread and ensure you are following the settings and turning things on/off that need be and so on. Make sure you are using hardware decoding as the 3D preferred mode. If you are then still having issues post a debug log.
From what I've noticed in 3D mode, the CPU goes to 100% and I get a ton of dropped frames. I have it set to use hardware decoding but I don't think is. The video info says dc:msdk-mvc
(2016-03-12, 08:32)KrispyKreme Wrote: From what I've noticed in 3D mode, the CPU goes to 100% and I get a ton of dropped frames. I have it set to use hardware decoding but I don't think is. The video info says dc:msdk-mvc

If your CPU is running at 100% then you aren't using hardware decoding and you CPU is trying to decode with software.

Is your Celeron capable of MVC hardware decoding?

Have you read through this thread and followed the set-up instructions?

Are you using the most recent release?

Have you turned off all video enhancements in the GPU settings?

Are you sure you've set the playback mode to hardware in the settings? There are 2 places to do this.

Do you have other settings what will conflict with hardware decoding like audio processing etc?

If you don't provide information it's not simple for people to try and help. Pretty much all the info to get things working is in the thread itself.
(2016-03-12, 08:32)KrispyKreme Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 07:16)Dave the Minion Wrote:

From what I've noticed in 3D mode, the CPU goes to 100% and I get a ton of dropped frames. I have it set to use hardware decoding but I don't think is. The video info says dc:msdk-mvc

Hi there. I have a NUC which runs the 2820 processor and does not have any additional graphics other than the intel HD whatever it is. 3d isos via PowerDVD definitely did not work with my hardware (I can remember it vividly as I had thought that it would play them based on specs, but had to get an i3 NUC for it to work), so I am assuming that you have an additional graphics card?? If so, you need to disable / remove it as this only works with the Intel HD video. On this version of kodi, the CPU on my NUC never goes above about 30-35% when watching 3D movies. I have not had a chance to check the most recent kodi version on the 2820, but I as I mentioned earlier, using the version from 3 days ago, it played back half of my files without issue (and the other half were not working properly on an i3 NUC with the same issues = these now play properly on the i3, so I assume that it was the same issue and these should play now on the n2820 as well).
(2016-03-12, 08:46)woronczak Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 08:32)KrispyKreme Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 07:16)Dave the Minion Wrote: PowerDVD isn't using hardware to decode the video, so you can't compare the two.

Hi there. I have a NUC which runs the 2820 processor and does not have any additional graphics other than the intel HD whatever it is. 3d isos via PowerDVD definitely did not work with my hardware (I can remember it vividly as I had thought that it would play them based on specs, but had to get an i3 NUC for it to work), so I am assuming that you have an additional graphics card?? If so, you need to disable / remove it as this only works with the Intel HD video. On this version of kodi, the CPU on my NUC never goes above about 30-35% when watching 3D movies. I have not had a chance to check the most recent kodi version on the 2820, but I as I mentioned earlier, using the version from 3 days ago, it played back half of my files without issue (and the other half were not working properly on an i3 NUC with the same issues = these now play properly on the i3, so I assume that it was the same issue and these should play now on the n2820 as well).
This is so odd. I've been messing around with this for hours on end. The computer doesn't have any additional graphics card just the Intel graphics. Now I did disable Realtek audio on the computer but apparently that did not help anything. The video is simply just not being decoded in hardware for some reason which causing it to use CPU which gives 100% usage. I have all the settings checked correctly and using the latest build. What are you doing or using in your setup to get hardware decoding working?
Did you put the dll into the kodi folder?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5