• 245(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 2
steeve23 Wrote:Hi, I'm a new user of xbmc and am very impressed, certainly a massive improvement over WMC I was using before.

For now, until xbmc is fully linked to my tv I will use the default skin, mainly because it works great with a mouse.

Steve

+1 Bolded for emphasis.
tabish121 Wrote:It amazes me the sorts of crap people will spew about something that they get for free. Its open source....if you don't like it take code, figure it out and fix it.

Open source software has always suceeded because of userfeedback, and input.

I provided mine: "Add proper mouse support". If the main developper wants to listen to it, great. If he wants to cater to the people with a remote, that's great as well.

I always find that in Open Source, the more people you have using your software, the better, as they can point out more bugs, more problems, more suggestions, etc.

I'm a very new XBMC user, and within a month of using XBMC< I pointed out several problems to the XBMC developpers with the way their database works. Pointing out these problems will serve the community in general.

As i am unable to use this skin, as much as I'd like to, you essentially have 1 less user reporting back much needed feedback.

Feedback provided on open source, no matter in what tone, should never be taken lightly.

... my 2 cents
HTPC stands for Home Theatre Personal Computer, which means that it is a PC adapted to be used in a HT enviroment, designed to replace several/all CE devices, where the primary imput is a remote (the original Xbox where XBMC was developed didn`t even have a mouse), i have yet to see a BD player or an AV Receiver having a mouse.

Now, if you use it as more than a HTPC, but as a workstation/HTPC hybrid, it makes sense to have a mouse, but as i said, even with the default Confluence skin i find it clumsy to navigate using a mouse (it`s easier/faster to use the up/down etc. keys on the keyboard actually). I mean, how do you open up the Context Menu or bring up the Info panel for a movie with just a mouse?

Anyway, most people were offended by the way you provided "feedback", not by the fact that you did it.
nfusion2011 Wrote:To all the people that are still going on about my comment about the mouse thing.

Let me break it down for you.

XBMC is used for?....... HTPCS!

HTPC's stand for?..... Home Theater Personal Computers

What's the primary input devices used in Personal Computers?...... Are you ready for this?... a Mouse!

-BTW- You're completely wrong with that, sorry.

HTPC doesn't stand for Home Theater Personal Computers, it stands for Home Theater Personal Computers.

And ALL components for those systems are really different and optimized to replace devices like BD-Players, Tuners, DVD-Players...

And WHAT are the input devices? RIIIIIIGHT! Remotes.

If you want to listen to music and watch movies on your PC, take your mouse and another media player. You will be lucky with it.
SpectreX Wrote:Now, if you use it as more than a HTPC, but as a workstation/HTPC hybrid, it makes sense to have a mouse, but as i said, even with the default Confluence skin i find it clumsy to navigate using a mouse (it`s easier/faster to use the up/down etc. keys on the keyboard actually). I mean, how do you open up the Context Menu or bring up the Info panel for a movie with just a mouse?

Anyway, most people were offended by the way you provided "feedback", not by the fact that you did it.

What do you mean? The movie info is simply by hovering above the movie in my library, right clicking, and choosing Movie Information.

This is a screen that I dont actually frequently use, if I used it more frequently, I would just bind the key "I" to my mouse, so if I over over a movie, and hit 1 of my many buttons on the mouse, it would instantly go to movie information.

Perhaps I could have been a little nicer when providing feedback, but as I mentioned, I was very annoyed fumbling around for an hour in the skin only to realize that it wasn't the skin or my computer that was slow, it was the fact that it was just very clunky with the mouse.

I have my mouse's tilt wheel set to the left/right keys when in XBMC, so if i want to go left/right, i just tilt my scroll wheel left and right, and it does it to go back and forth in menus. However the one thing that I don't want to have to bind is the "ENTER" key, I suppose it is possible for me to use the left/right scroll wheel and get to where I want to, and then mimmick a "ENTER" input, but then the whole "Point and click" feature of a mouse is gone.

Selecting via hovering and then clicking to confirm a selection is the core feature of a mouse, and I dont want to replace that part via keyboard inputs from a mouse.

Anyways, it seems we're talking in circles. I apologize if I offended anyone, but I assure you that you would be just as annoyed if you wasted an hour for no reason.
I did not get any response last time i posted this.
So i try again.

Hjord Wrote:I have a little request for the highlight.

I'm using the banner view with the info above the the banner. (Can't remember the name)

Instead of the not highlighted banners are so dark, keep them normal. But zoom a little on the highlighted banner.

I hope you know what i mean Smile
TomPiXX Wrote:-BTW- You're completely wrong with that, sorry.

HTPC doesn't stand for Home Theater Personal Computers, it stands for Home Theater Personal Computers.

And ALL components for those systems are really different and optimized to replace devices like BD-Players, Tuners, DVD-Players...

And WHAT are the input devices? RIIIIIIGHT! Remotes.

If you want to listen to music and watch movies on your PC, take your mouse and another media player. You will be lucky with it.

Exactly, a HTPC implies a device that is used primarily or solely for Home Theatre. XBMC is HTPC software, originally developed for a system that didnt even have a mouse.

I wouldnt class what nfusion2011 is using as a HTPC. I have an HTPC under my TV, I also have PC that has XBMC on it as well as all my other stuff. They arent the same and of course you need a mouse on your PC, and therefore nfusion2011 wanting to use a mouse within XBMC on his/her PC is not that ridiculous of a request (even though using the keyboard is much faster and fluid)

However as this is HTPC software, or more specifically a HTPC Skin, there should be no reason to include mouse support.

Just my 2 cents
nfusion2011 Wrote:So my perception was that its a problem in this skin, and it needs to be fixed, thats all there is to it.

And you demand it's fixed? You are talking about FREE stuff, so you don't demand anything, ever. Even if it were broken, which it clearly isn't, you ASK.

Try to be a little bit nicer to people, especially the ones that share their very cool stuff for free.
There's no need to go on with this back and forth. This skin is already amazing and it's obviously inpossible to please everyone. So If you want an extra feature to make it perfect for you, donate and your request hopefully will be at the top of the list. Mq He deserves it anyways. I don't need any extra features and I donated.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
nfusion2011 Wrote:What do you mean? The movie info is simply by hovering above the movie in my library, right clicking, and choosing Movie Information.

This is a screen that I dont actually frequently use, if I used it more frequently, I would just bind the key "I" to my mouse, so if I over over a movie, and hit 1 of my many buttons on the mouse, it would instantly go to movie information.

Perhaps I could have been a little nicer when providing feedback, but as I mentioned, I was very annoyed fumbling around for an hour in the skin only to realize that it wasn't the skin or my computer that was slow, it was the fact that it was just very clunky with the mouse.

I have my mouse's tilt wheel set to the left/right keys when in XBMC, so if i want to go left/right, i just tilt my scroll wheel left and right, and it does it to go back and forth in menus. However the one thing that I don't want to have to bind is the "ENTER" key, I suppose it is possible for me to use the left/right scroll wheel and get to where I want to, and then mimmick a "ENTER" input, but then the whole "Point and click" feature of a mouse is gone.

Selecting via hovering and then clicking to confirm a selection is the core feature of a mouse, and I dont want to replace that part via keyboard inputs from a mouse.

Anyways, it seems we're talking in circles. I apologize if I offended anyone, but I assure you that you would be just as annoyed if you wasted an hour for no reason.

If this skin does not suit your needs then perhaps you should try another skin or design your own. Either way stop posting in this forum as your comments are unwelcome. You complain about wasting one hour of your time, Marcos has spent considerably longer trying to perfect this skin and to satisfy users requests. If one hour is so important to you then perhaps you should buy a commercial product instead of using community software.
Zaxxan Wrote:If this skin does not suit your needs then perhaps you should try another skin or design your own. Either way stop posting in this forum as your comments are unwelcome. You complain about wasting one hour of your time, Marcos has spent considerably longer trying to perfect this skin and to satisfy users requests. If one hour is so important to you then perhaps you should buy a commercial product instead of using community software.

You need to check your attitude as you are stating the obvious.

I did try another skin, confluence, the default one, with mouse support. The default one has mouse support, so when changing to a custom scene, I was expecting an upgrade, not a downgrade with features (mouse support) removed.

Its not so much as the 1 hour that I lost, its the fact that such a basic, and core funfamental feature was removed.
nfusion2011 Wrote:You need to check your attitude as you are stating the obvious.

I did try another skin, confluence, the default one, with mouse support. The default one has mouse support, so when changing to a custom scene, I was expecting an upgrade, not a downgrade with features (mouse support) removed.

Its not so much as the 1 hour that I lost, its the fact that such a basic, and core funfamental feature was removed.

With all due respect nfusion2011, you are the one that needs to check your attitude.

For the last time, this is not a feature that was removed from the Skin, it was never there in the original Aeon skin and its branches in the first place.

I think we would all greatly appreciate this is laid to rest now, you have clearly ruffled quite a few of the regular supporters feathers by your origninal post which was worded badly despite what you were trying to put forward.

As has been pointed out you are not really using XBMC for what is was designed for, being a primary interface for a Home Theatre Experience you are using it on your PC as a "windowed" application.

People have tried to point out that your OP came across badly but yet despite one apology you still keep coming back defending yourself with no real right to as you are still not seeing the point that the original Aeon and its branches were never designed to support a mouse.

I for one am not going to reply to any more posts regarding this unless they are constructive, I urge the others to follow suit!
MarcosQui Wrote:shawndavid, thank for your donation. Laugh

Sorry for the delay but only just managed identified your donation.

Happy to help. Love the skin.
chippie Wrote:With all due respect nfusion2011, you are the one that needs to check your attitude.

For the last time, this is not a feature that was removed from the Skin, it was never there in the original Aeon skin and its branches in the first place.

I think we would all greatly appreciate this is laid to rest now, you have clearly ruffled quite a few of the regular supporters feathers by your origninal post which was worded badly despite what you were trying to put forward.

As has been pointed out you are not really using XBMC for what is was designed for, being a primary interface for a Home Theatre Experience you are using it on your PC as a "windowed" application.

People have tried to point out that your OP came across badly but yet despite one apology you still keep coming back defending yourself with no real right to as you are still not seeing the point that the original Aeon and its branches were never designed to support a mouse.

I for one am not going to reply to any more posts regarding this unless they are constructive, I urge the others to follow suit!

i agree with one addition.

nfusion2011 - You seem to think that by using and Aeon based skin, that you are supposed to be getting an upgraded experience over confluence. While many of us consider the features of Aeon superior to Confluence, it was never meant to replace it or upgrade that skin. It was built from scratch and the choice was made to not include mouse support, which is what most of us want. To clarify, mouse support wasnt removed from Aeon, it was just never included as a feature, because that is what we want. The skin wasnt built for you, it was built with requests and suggestions of many constructive users.

You are the one who needs to drop your attitude and grow up and realise that the skin doesnt revolve around you, and your or any one else's sense of entitlement is not going to lead to anything positive.

Finally, Marcos, please dont be put off by this, the work you have done is fantastic and we all love the features you keep bringing to the table.
I see the lack of mouse support as a feature, a motivation to spend ~20$ for a remote and to see what a media center is (not a media player, that's for sure).
Even without a remote, you guys still have a keyboard, right?
  • 245(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 232