• 249(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
flowerpot - as far as I know you can't do it within xbmc. Hopefully you know how to put files onto your 'icebox'. Download the zip to a computer, unzip it, and then transfer the folder to the icecube into the addons folder. I can't help you with how to get files onto your icecube.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
i'm having issues with extendedinfo, I've tried different versions and all of them give me an error when I start the skin. Any recommendations?
(2014-11-13, 23:43)Edworld Wrote: i'm having issues with extendedinfo, I've tried different versions and all of them give me an error when I start the skin. Any recommendations?

There has been a lot of discussion of this. Start here and read the next page of posts:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1804831

Apparently it's a cosmetic problem only, but I'm not sure. Resetting the skin is supposed to make it go away.

Problem is, I did try resetting the skin. I'm not getting any reset skin command at all in the extendedinfo script, whether right clicking, contextual menu, whatever. So I reset it by deleting all the skinsettings in guisettings.xml and made sure to change the name of the skin folder in addons folder to "skin.aeon.nox". When I restarted, the same error occurred. Only change was I lost all my settings.
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2014-11-14, 00:37)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 23:43)Edworld Wrote: i'm having issues with extendedinfo, I've tried different versions and all of them give me an error when I start the skin. Any recommendations?

There has been a lot of discussion of this. Start here and read the next page of posts:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1804831

Apparently it's a cosmetic problem only, but I'm not sure. Resetting the skin is supposed to make it go away.

Problem is, I did try resetting the skin. I'm not getting any reset skin command at all in the extendedinfo script, whether right clicking, contextual menu, whatever. So I reset it by deleting all the skinsettings in guisettings.xml and made sure to change the name of the skin folder in addons folder to "skin.aeon.nox". When I restarted, the same error occurred. Only change was I lost all my settings.

...and you will all run into more and more problems over time because noone maintains this mod anymore.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-11-14, 00:46)phil65 Wrote: ...and you will all run into more and more problems over time because noone maintains this mod anymore.

You mean the skin? Aeon Nox 4.1.9? Dang, I had missed that in all my reading. Undecided I was starting to really like what it was capable of. What's the best skin for someone stuck on this one?
(2014-11-13, 16:19)Glorious1 Wrote: @mpatti07: As far as I know you shouldn't need any of those except Artwork Downloader, to make sure the disc.png gets into XBMC.

If you go into a movie's information page, is the disc art shown in the lower right? Click over to choose art and hit return. This will show what art you have for that movie. Is there a disc art entry and image for it? Also, again, it might help if you show your viewtype settings and BD/DVD case settings inside that.

(2014-11-13, 16:17)flowerpot Wrote: hi this skin looks good but i have followed these instructions install it using the zip installer on xbmc
Settings --> Add-ons -->install from zip file and when i click on the zip file nothing happens version i download was 4.1.9.9 thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1833655 (see post 3704)

The actual location will depend on what operating system you have, but it will be an addons folder where the other skin folders are.

No disc art shows when going into move information. Also, logo artwork does not show up. Live DVD case background mod only shows blank cases(no artwork) on background. I reinstalIed artwork downloader. I always thought addons just couldn't do this but if you are saying it definitely works then I'd like to get it working. I attached a few images for you to check. thanks

Did you change in the settings in the video library node to show logo? Also, did you run artwork downloader? You also have to turn on backend mode from skin settings.
Do you store your movies in separate folders? I have found that that is the best way, Folder structure should look like this

H:\Movies\The Matrix
H:\Movies\The Matrix\The Matrix.mkv
H:\Movies\The Matrix\clearart.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\logo.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\The Matrix.nfo
H:\Movies\The Matrix\disc.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages1.jpg
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages2.jpg
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages3.jpg

Now when you have your movie folders looking like that,. Then run "Artwork Downloader" from the program menu. Also make sure you are using the "Library mode" when you are browsing you movies, and not just file mode.

Oh and please do rename your movie file names. As good as Kodi is at working out movie names. It is not a mind reader. Having a movie with file name like "the.matrix.somesillythingy.dvd.mkv" can make life a bit hard for skins and Kodi as well as some of the scripts like Artwork Downloader. Do your self a favour and take the time to sort it out.
(2014-11-14, 08:53)Frozin Wrote: Did you change in the settings in the video library node to show logo? Also, did you run artwork downloader? You also have to turn on backend mode from skin settings.

yes show logo is enabled. Running artwork dowloader always returns 0 downloaded but all cover art and fanart show up fine. Backend mode wasn't there but I installed script.extendedinfo and enabled it but still doesn't work.

(2014-11-14, 09:19)Oddsodz Wrote: Do you store your movies in separate folders? I have found that that is the best way, Folder structure should look like this

H:\Movies\The Matrix
H:\Movies\The Matrix\The Matrix.mkv
H:\Movies\The Matrix\clearart.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\logo.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\The Matrix.nfo
H:\Movies\The Matrix\disc.png
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages1.jpg
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages2.jpg
H:\Movies\The Matrix\extrafanart\LoadsOfImages3.jpg

Now when you have your movie folders looking like that,. Then run "Artwork Downloader" from the program menu. Also make sure you are using the "Library mode" when you are browsing you movies, and not just file mode.

Oh and please do rename your movie file names. As good as Kodi is at working out movie names. It is not a mind reader. Having a movie with file name like "the.matrix.somesillythingy.dvd.mkv" can make life a bit hard for skins and Kodi as well as some of the scripts like Artwork Downloader. Do your self a favour and take the time to sort it out.

I plan on ripping my whole collection soon but wanted to get this working first. I am trying to use it with some movie addons and another user on here said it works with addon content.
backend mode is in settings>skin>general.

No, it only works with addons that allow you to add the strm to library. So you have to add that content to the library. that is why none of the cd arts and logos are showing. They will only show up if the media is locally stored.
(2014-11-14, 08:34)mpatti07 Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 16:19)Glorious1 Wrote: @mpatti07: As far as I know you shouldn't need any of those except Artwork Downloader, to make sure the disc.png gets into XBMC.

If you go into a movie's information page, is the disc art shown in the lower right? Click over to choose art and hit return. This will show what art you have for that movie. Is there a disc art entry and image for it? Also, again, it might help if you show your viewtype settings and BD/DVD case settings inside that.

(2014-11-13, 16:17)flowerpot Wrote: hi this skin looks good but i have followed these instructions install it using the zip installer on xbmc
Settings --> Add-ons -->install from zip file and when i click on the zip file nothing happens version i download was 4.1.9.9 thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1833655 (see post 3704)

The actual location will depend on what operating system you have, but it will be an addons folder where the other skin folders are.

No disc art shows when going into move information. Also, logo artwork does not show up. Live DVD case background mod only shows blank cases(no artwork) on background. I reinstalIed artwork downloader. I always thought addons just couldn't do this but if you are saying it definitely works then I'd like to get it working. I attached a few images for you to check. thanks

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It used to work on my skin and after extendedinfo script started to fail, I get the same as you do. Things are disappearing Sad
mpatti07 - as Edworld says, all the settings that show look right. However, you don't have cases showing on your posters. Without that, this effect won't work. Go back into BD/DVD Cases settings. Make sure you highlight one of the case options represented by icons on the left (other than "No"), hit return to select it, then hit escape. Otherwise it is hard to make sure that choice sticks.

Here are the BD/DVD Case Settings

Here is an example. See Avatar has a case. Back to the Future doesn't because it s a movie set.

If that doesn't work, look at the good advice Oddsodz gave you, make sure the artwork is local, etc. Actually, the fact that you don't get the discart showing in the movie info page either, suggests that you may not have the disc.png in your local movie folder.

I'm not sure why the focus on addon "content", but here are my Program addons. And yes, I get the error on startup from the extendedinfo script.
(2014-11-14, 15:29)Glorious1 Wrote: mpatti07 - as Edworld says, all the settings that show look right. However, you don't have cases showing on your posters. Without that, this effect won't work. Go back into BD/DVD Cases settings. Make sure you highlight one of the case options represented by icons on the left (other than "No"), hit return to select it, then hit escape. Otherwise it is hard to make sure that choice sticks.

Here are the BD/DVD Case Settings

Here is an example. See Avatar has a case. Back to the Future doesn't because it s a movie set.

If that doesn't work, look at the good advice Oddsodz gave you, make sure the artwork is local, etc. Actually, the fact that you don't get the discart showing in the movie info page either, suggests that you may not have the disc.png in your local movie folder.

I'm not sure why the focus on addon "content", but here are my Program addons. And yes, I get the error on startup from the extendedinfo script.

I assumed it had to be stored locally but other people on here said that is works with addons too. To me it makes no sense that coverart and fanart would show up but not disc art? I enabled the bluray dvd cases but makes no difference. How did you get your movie info looking like that in white with all the actors? As you can tell above mine looks nothing like that Undecided
Do you have the disc.png in your local folder or not? It would help if you post a screenshot or list of the movie folder contents. To be honest, it makes no sense to me either, that XBMC will use local poster and fanart on its own, but you need Artwork Downloader for it to use other types.

The white appearance is because I chose the white theme in Settings>Appearance. As far as the actors, it looks like yours is not scraping properly. You have the director, but not the writer or actors. Do you have a local NFO file? If not, you might try changing the scraper for the source - which one is it set for now?
He thinks it shows with addons, it does not. The above screens is of local media. I don't know of any addon that shows CDart or logo's. If your addon allows to add the media to your library then do it that way, then you'll have all the art show up, along with actors thumbs.
  • 249(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25