• 25(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
(2015-02-13, 17:28)Olliepop Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 00:25)AdamBrunt Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 23:28)AdamBrunt Wrote: Do you mean the metalketle repo one ? I just install the openVPN addon and put in my PIA details and that's it ?

Worked it out now, thanks for the help olliepop.

Can I just leave it connected to the VPN now and it will still do all the other KODI stuff as normal ?

No problem, and yes. It disconnects when you turn off Kodi and restart it. I just connect when using this addon though or the official addon on my iPad.

Thanks.

Though I do now have another issue - not with this addon but another streaming one - whereby its streams don't work unless I disconbect the US connection Sad Bit of a pain to have to disconnect everytime but for the improvement in the NBC addon it is bearable.

I wonder if there is an addon to toggle a connection which would be a lot quicker than waiting for the OE addon to show all available connections everytime.
(2015-02-13, 12:34)nathan_london Wrote: I m new to the forum, bust just been browsing and would like to watch the EPL.

Basic research got me to the point that I need a VPN (currently have AirVpn)

Also have the new Pi 2 with Kodi.

I downloaded the NBC Live Extra app, just need to install it.

Is it a simple case of using the openvpn config file for Airvpn and connecting to a US server and loading up NBC.

I tried to do this on my Android phone using the android app and AirVPN, it asks me to login to a US network provider to gain access?

Would I get the same issue with the app on Kodi?

If so how can I get around this?[/align]

Yes, that's about right. Set up openvpn with your vpn provider, log into to a US server and and load NBC sports.

The kodi addon does not require an NBC log in. Just a US IP (hence the vpn) Not sure why to be honest as I thought it was free as part of a cable sub in the US, but it doesn't. I believe the mobile app does require a login though.
(2015-02-13, 00:27)smurff33 Wrote: I signed upto PIA VPNbut found it really slows my internet speed to around 10mb, i have a 100mb connection?

It has not been an issue for me (running a 25/25Mbit) but I suggest you only connect to VPN with your kodi-unit and not set it up via your router, that way you'll get the speed on your other units and your kodi-unit will get the 10Mbit cap or so, you should be fine with 10Mbit for streaming 1080p I think.

Also, I could not seem to use the vpn .config files on openelec ver503. It seems like openelec doesn't know the files are there because I can't see them in my connection tab. I installed the openvpn addon and used the ovpn-files. The addon is OK but in all honesty, making vpn connections to put in the connection tab is even less work I think.
(2015-02-13, 05:44)gunbuyidiu Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 15:21)dowayne Wrote: change the streaming quality from 3400 to 2200 or 1400 in the configuration section of the addon

(2015-02-12, 12:04)gunbuyidiu Wrote: @eracknaphobia

hi, i use a us VPN, Featured/Spotlight and Showcase can play nomarlly, but Live & Upcoming and Featured/Full Replays can not play . what shou i set ? Thanks.

And, i fetch the play URL, the browser show {
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://olystreameast.nbcolympics.com/vod/cbfb475f-707d-44c7-b69f-87e911cafa7f/nbc-sports-live-extra0211093417.ism/QualityLevels(3450000)/Manifest(video,format=m3u8-aapl-v3,audiotrack=audio_en_0,filtername=vodcut)" on this server.

Reference #18.3c100217.1423729463.cc1dee0 "
}.

still not work ... i hope someone can give me some suggestions Rolleyes

This error is produced when it thinks you are in the wrong location (i.e incompatible VPN). I get this sometimes with certain US severs with my VPN. a change in server usually fixes it.
Thumbs Up 
Eraknaphobia:

I don't mean to spam you, and I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use these same add-on program with a few tweaks for NEC Front Row: http://necfrontrow.com/schedule.php

or the Patriot League Network : http://www.campusinsiders.com/network/pa...#/schedule

or the big south sports network: http://www.bigsouthsports.com/schedule

or America East Concerence TV: http://www.americaeast.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml

It seems like the web pages present the events in somewhat similar fashion.

These are very content rich and free sports networks.

Thank you.

BTW, this is a terrific add on!
Having an issue with this add on.
Downloaded the fix
Operating on Helix 14.0
And it keeps crashing to home screen.

If I select the feed it plays for about a second then crashes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Dan
Has this app suddenly stopped working for any of you? t worked fine and now all of a sudden I can't open any stream. Didn't change a thing.
(2015-02-21, 15:37)fearo Wrote: Has this app suddenly stopped working for any of you? t worked fine and now all of a sudden I can't open any stream. Didn't change a thing.

Yep. Im getting the error message today.
Uninstall then install that worked for me
Just tried re-installing, made no difference for me.
Installed through total installer
Just tried total installer install still same issue
Any help? Would be greatly appreciated. I'm using unotelly smartdns if that matters.
Worked fine for me when I watch the NHL stadium series last night. both the game and the pregame. Can't tell you what is wrong with yours but the app is working for other people like me.
Working fine for me too using smart dns. I'm on version 0.0.6
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13